It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you quad for pointing out docbears post. This is the part that I find odd "He has a convenient wagon forming, and with so many players, scum could throw one of their own under the bus, so to speak"

Is she saying it's a convienent wagon for scum to get on to throw one of their own under the bus? That would imply she knows for sure Ix is scum and only scum would know that. Maybe she meant Ix is a convienent wagon for scum to be on, and that would imply she knows Ix is town and again only scum would know that.

I don't like that post at all.

Unvote Ixamyakxim
Vote docbear1975
Sorry Fox - wish you had tried just a little harder.

Worried about Nacho now too.

No flips? Not good.

Not much time today either. I think we need something to happen.

Oh, btw, do NOT drink what's in the stills. It's full of scorpions and sledgehammers and semi-trucks. I don't feel so good.
DragonSushi: Honestly, gotta decide between Trent and Stanari. Unlikely w/w.

Gonna go with Stanari

Vote: Stanari
Ok. But what do you learn if you lynch Stan and she flips town? What's the follow-up? As a D1 plan it's not the worst, but it's not much of an explanation for the vote.

QuadrAlien: Though maybe "plan" was the wrong word... You try thinking of the correct one when you've just had a hole drilled in your teeth!)
___Insert joke about British dentistry here___ You guys have discovered that local analgesics help a lot with the pain, right? Novocaine/lidocaine, maybe even some rum if it comes to it?

Lifthrasil: What? Why would I do that? o_O
That was kinda the point.
RWarehall: I just think Yogs is too silent for my liking. Town Yogs usually tends to want to break the game open early.
Well, he didn't do as much of that in his town performances this summer after doing so in the Americans game kinda went badly. Did ride Newcomb pretty hard in the mimefia game but yogs was a sub so wasn't part of the initial breaking open. The counter is that it doesn't really look like his scum game either.

I seriously did spent a bit last night wondering what his neutral game looks like. My theory is that he would light scum read players he actually read as town and camp on them. It wouldn't look odd to town since he tends to look fairly narrowly (1-2 players at a time), and it would push him down the NK priority list as long as he stayed well off-track of actual scum.

What has he done so far? Sit on Stan for a while for...something. Move to trent for not yelling enough. Since they don't look like w/w, it's about the safest play he could've made in this total hypothetical. Since I'm now slight town-reading both trent and stan, honestly, it's probably what I would've done in the same hypothetical shoes.

And yes, before anyone asks, I'm still assuming the setup is 12/4/1 but I have no evidence that's the case. But I'm increasingly feeling yogs isn't scum, though those extra % points are moving over to neutral rather than town.
Gut check on the docbear wagon is she's a derp. I must check myself for why I seem to always see derps everywhere though...

Read post 718 - I have another gut feeling the Nacho | Wyrm tiff is meaningful. Will someone reread and spare me the trouble? Please?

Dessimu: snip
In a way you could see that Ix play as him being extra towny though. I mean, see Flubb in the last game, he was town... other players just have different styles...

Stanari: snip
It's just player styles... The issue is not the action reader or the tone reader, the issue is miscommunication between them.

Ok, I did these from the bottom to cool off a bit. The main dish of this post however is my re-growing fear about the setup and emotional flip flopping on no lynch.

I understand flavor is difficult and making it mesh with mechanics can be very hard. But I am dismayed to see no flip, and that the flavor for the modkill is to send the character away from danger. Drealmer practically admitted to some bastardy, and now this, and yet hardly any reaction. Just a collective shrug of shoulders?

I don't like lynching just because. And I don't like peer pressure. And I'm stubborn. And I hate the feeling I'm being setup somehow. And whenever anything No Lynch related happens I get more and more alarm tingles. >:(

yogsloth: Worried about Nacho now too.
Noticed too. But don't worry, worst can happen apparently is a one way ticket to the big town.
Brasas: Just a collective shrug of shoulders?
I considered doing something that could be either potentially stupid or game-breaking. So not a shrug, exactly.

But for the time being all we have is a single data point. Do have "an" idea but it's something we would do during the sundown phase, not now, and wouldn't even see the result of until any nightfall post.

Oh, and trent may not like it. ;) But I think I have a way to keep it small, get info, and still not "break" anything, even assuming Drealmer didn't break-proof it as claimed.

I'm still waiting to see what response, if any, I get from Drealmer privately.

Gotta run for a few hours.
bler144:
So you don't know either huh?
trentonlf: Thank you quad for pointing out docbears post. This is the part that I find odd "He has a convenient wagon forming, and with so many players, scum could throw one of their own under the bus, so to speak"

Is she saying it's a convienent wagon for scum to get on to throw one of their own under the bus? That would imply she knows for sure Ix is scum and only scum would know that. Maybe she meant Ix is a convienent wagon for scum to be on, and that would imply she knows Ix is town and again only scum would know that.

I don't like that post at all.

Unvote Ixamyakxim
Vote docbear1975
I think what bothers me most about that post is the implied knowledge of how many scum there are. All we know now is that there are seemingly at least 3 wolves. Maybe its my paranoia, but I always worry about a second faction or a substantial number of neutrals in these games (for the newcomers, neutrals and especially independent Anti-town roles are fairly common in GoG games). How does Docbear know they have extra they can afford to throw away?

The way I'm reading that statement is as a push on Ixam saying essentially that we should vote him because even scum will be on that wagon. Which suggests to me that maybe Doc knows Ixam is town and wants to push us to lynch him. But either way, Doc is more interesting to me at the moment than Ixam.
RWarehall: The way I'm reading that statement is as a push on Ixam saying essentially that we should vote him because even scum will be on that wagon. Which suggests to me that maybe Doc knows Ixam is town and wants to push us to lynch him. But either way, Doc is more interesting to me at the moment than Ixam.
I read it more as doc following up on my statement that if bler and I continued our largely pointless bickering, it screams scumbuddies to the rest of the town, which I really didn't think was helpful.

I think doc took the idea and ran too far with it, assuming scum had something to gain by revealing and lynching one of their own Day One. Which I don't think makes any sense, but I also don't think it makes doc look as scummy as a few of you think.
RWarehall: I think what bothers me most about that post is the implied knowledge of how many scum there are.
Fun note: I always accuse people of knowing how many Scum there are in closed setups.

When I'm Scum.
Brasas: now this, and yet hardly any reaction. Just a collective shrug of shoulders?
What did you want to see, wailing and gnashing of teeth? If there is no flip at all, then there is no flip; I'm personally hoping the No Flip was only because it was a mod-kill. We'll know more by Day 2.
RWarehall: I think what bothers me most about that post is the implied knowledge of how many scum there are.
yogsloth: Fun note: I always accuse people of knowing how many Scum there are in closed setups.

When I'm Scum.
Nice shade...
Ixamyakxim: I read it more as doc following up on my statement that if bler and I continued our largely pointless bickering, it screams scumbuddies to the rest of the town, which I really didn't think was helpful.

I think doc took the idea and ran too far with it, assuming scum had something to gain by revealing and lynching one of their own Day One. Which I don't think makes any sense, but I also don't think it makes doc look as scummy as a few of you think.
Where is this post where you state this? I'm looking at Docbear's post, a reply to Bler in response to one of her own posts. I've gone back a couple pages...I don't see it.

Curious why you have felt the need to interject here, Ixam. Does Docbear need defending for some reason?
No flips is utterly horrendous, I'll make a point to finish catching up today so that I can contribute in a more significant way than responding to questions directed at me at work breaks.
RWarehall: Nice shade...
palmtrees.jpg

Nachomamma8: No flips is utterly horrendous,
Welcome back Nacho.

I agree... but I'm pretty sure drealmer does too, so... I dunno what to make of it. I'd give ourselves until Daybreak on Day 2 to see if we're dealing with a flipless game or if this was a judgment call by drealmer/JMich for the modkill situation.
Ixamyakxim: *looks around, dumbfounded* I was in Nashua, of course. You all know Goodman and Goody Hess left, along with my brother and all the rest. I travelled with them but returned. You've all been as much family to me as them. Besides, this is my home and Julie was our friend. She won't be forgotten. We must determine what happened here.
*in character*
Ah. Okay. Makes sense, I guess. Still, you should have told someone. We were alternatingly worried and suspicious. And I will continue to have an eye on you. Not that you disappear again. But for now: welcome back.