It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cristigale: How should we approach this?
I say treat it like a normal game, just like Trenton told me. Until further notice. I expect events will be obvious if we should actually take it elsewhere. I confess however that due to lack of significant reads I am quite torn who to vote.

trentonlf: ... and around the kill there were only human tracks meaning that it was a werewolf that changed back to human and left no tracks.
Thanks, that's a good observation.

Bookwyrm627: ...because anyone that has watched more than two games that had Drealmer in them would be aware of his favorite Day 1 vote? I'm calling BS on this.
Get real... that was the smoke so of course it was half bullshit / half truth. I'm currently assuming there's no No Lynch fire in Drealmer's belly. Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my mind later blah blah...

Nachomamma8: Vote: Lifthrasil
Heh... I'm not there yet.

bler144: I'm not straw-manning you. The question was why you proposed it.
I hadn't even understood that was the question... 0_o [goes re-read]

Dessimu: Fortunately, no.
If you say so... ;)
I agree on the other sentiment. It's certainly the messiest D1 I've ever... oh wait...

yogsloth: That said, I think we're on the right track. Brasas is doing a great job compiling flavor roles - except, of course, for his own:
Missed this last time. I'm the horses guy and melancholy (in RP) and I'm confused as hell (in RL). Get it now?

Fair point however that I let the joke take precedence over clarity for you all. It was funny for me at least...

cristigale: Thus the questions about why you think it's not just strategically beneficial sometimes, which I agree, but why you think Drealmer would put it in play. There's a pretty obvious response to that, it just seems to me that instead you're spinning towards saying you never said something you pretty clearly seem to have said, even in jest.
[finished re-read] Bler, to me it's distilled here. This does not look like: "why did you propose it?". It looks like: "why do you think No Lynch is good right here, right now?"

I'm not one to throw rocks over being a sneakily implicit innuendo asshole. I actually got you as the only slight town lean so far because of how you pushed me (being generically helpful I read neutral - WIFOM). But if there's one thing I do alot around this forum is argue. And from that angle, your argument is a logical stretch IMO.

You are asking why did I propose IT. Implying "it" means actual in this specific context No Lynch Advocacy. I say it was half-baked posturing. And you insist why did I really believe IT?

Disclaimer: I am still seeing tension on the No Lynch issue and reserve the right to vote however I feel is best for us. Some of the pressure over this topic, coming so late after IMO that went nowehere, strikes me as setting me up. Yeah, me paranoid. Duh...

cristigale: snip
Shit, this reminds me of something I saw from Yogs... [looks for it]

yogsloth: Hey! Now you get my Stanari vote after all!
I still don't. You're so good with the littl'uns Eric, why don't you explain it like I'm a 5 year old. Pretty please?

What did voting stanari have to do with her stance over STU, STF or whatever we are calling it now? I remember it more as part of No Lynch mess... a mess I acknowledge I caused, and regret more and more... and fuck if that don't hurt to say. I like being active and fast reaction in these games, but it sucks that so many get left behind.

Yes, I do like my puns. Yes, I am kind of an asshole. Or am I? I like to believe I'm copying it from you by the way :P

@all

Morning post over. Off to work. Might be able to connect during the day today.
Brasas: What did voting stanari have to do with her stance over STU, STF or whatever we are calling it now? I remember it more as part of No Lynch mess... a mess I acknowledge I caused, and regret more and more... and fuck if that don't hurt to say. I like being active and fast reaction in these games, but it sucks that so many get left behind.
Yog, I think, implies that I've been coasting.
Was waiting the clock to say that cristi quote is Bler here:

bler144: snip
Stanari: Yog, I think, implies that I've been coasting.
He does? 0_o

And he singles you rather than the numerous other lurkers? He must have the hots for you Justin. I'm so jealous.
Brasas: And he singles you rather than the numerous other lurkers? He must have the hots for you Justin. I'm so jealous.
More...active lurking, I suppose? Here but not outputting sufficient content? (Is there anyone in this game who meets that standard, save Nacho?)
Stanari: snip
Hmmm... ok, appreciate the nuance. Not a concept I'd ran into but I grok it.

The master coaster is usually Yogs himself of course... in that sense takes one to know one maybe.

Would have to reread the whole thread in that light. I'll just drop it instead. Disclaimer: I might come back to it eventually.
Some thoughts on players who have caught my eye...

I've already mentioned yogs/Stanari.

agent - does anyone find agent's play similar to the last game where he was scum? I only watched sporadically, so not certain, but was getting that impression.

DragonSushi - Had I not looked at the player list, would have forgot he(?) was in the game. Would love to here more.

TammyTown - Ditto on hearing mote. Tammy indicated we would not see her until Friday,

If Ixam is town, his wagon is a easy place for scum to place a vote. The current Ixam votes are: Lift, trent, docbear.

In reverse order, this is docbear's second game. I think she's still getting her footing. Solid neutral for now.

Trent's play is very similar whether town or scum. His vote did not surprise me. I often think he is scum when he's not. I'm not overly suspicious but worth keeping an eye on.
@trent - do you find anyone besides Ixam vote worthy?

Lift - I suck at reading Lift. It's almost to the point where I need to take my initial impression and reverse it. Scum Lift tries hard to do town-appearing things. Lift is always a proponent of lynching lurkers.
@Lift - At this point, do you still consider Ixam a lurker? What's the benefit of lynching someone who has never posted and apparently is not present to defend themselves? If Ixam is lynched, what can we learn from it?

If Ixam is scum, do scum have a vote on him now? If Ixam is lynched and flips scum, I would be more likely to lean Lift, trent, and docbear town, but I don't think its a sure thing.
<snip>
Post edited September 10, 2016 by TheGOGfather
Brasas: I want to ask everyone if any of you have wolf hunting experience. I think we can ride out and track wherever these wolves are coming from.

That ^ was Dan.

This now is Brasas for those he noted flavor:
Laura (docbear) is a vet
Adam (Agent) is a carpenter, here since the founding
Bill (Quadr) is a city guy finding his way
Craig (Wyrm) grew up here, is a mason and knows the trails
Fergie (Nacho) is a farmer
Nathan (Dess) is an alcoholic?
Probably supplied by Eric's (Yog) bootlegger brother. I guess Eric's dogs help keep folks away. That or he was Ramsay Bolton all along.
Emily (Trent) is the family mother. But given the family details she's almost a "godmother"... heheheh...
and Marie (Bler) is clearly the poisoner herbalist from that other game.
which I guess makes me Dan (Brasas) the headless rider of Sleepy Hollow. Or something.

Did I miss anyone?
You missed me. Sean O'Donnell. I am a cattle farmer who moved in to the village about 8 years ago, together with my cows, and I helped making the village more prosperous. I get along with everyone and just wish that life continues as it was. Our village was a good place to be, after all!

bler144: So...(deep breath)....How would you like to supply meat to my village?
Well, dear Marie, I'll be happy to give you all the meat you need! Let's find a private spot, you show me what you need and I show you how I can ... provide for you!

Other than that I like Fergies plan and I guess we have been following it all week. Sleeping in shifts, fortifying the place, building a prison cell. What I don't like and don't understand is her vote on me. It seems like (s)he just is determined to vote me, for whatever reason, and is grasping at straws to find justification for it.

About Emma: I am starting to worry she may lay dead somewhere in the forest. It's been a week and a half now and she didn't appear. Either she was a culprit of the crime and fled, or she is already another victim. I propose we form a well-armed search party and have an excursion into the woods. Perhaps we find her or perhaps we find some traces of the wolves. If we DO find her alive, then it is very likely she had something to do with the crime. If we find her dead, well, then all we can do is mourn her. Until we find out what happened to her, I'll hold back my judgement.

UNVOTE Ixamyakxim

(cristigale is right. We don't learn too much from lynching Ix. It's far too easy for scum to hide on that train, if Ix should be town. 'Hey, a lurker! And Lift always says 'lynch all lurkers' But I don't see any better train and also no good reason to start one. In character I could find reason to vote Yog. But as a player that joke is just Yog being Yog. Nachomamma seems too eager to lynch me for no good reason, poking other players about me. That seems quite suspicious to me, but he's new around here, so perhaps he's just suspicious of me because of my roleplaying or my vivid dislike of lurkers.

At the moment I still think that, if we are forced to lynch (i.e. when the deadline approaches), if no good alternatives pop up, lynching Ix will be better than lynching no one at all. While we don't learn as much as from lynching an active player, it is still better than no-lynch. If Ix is scum - yay! We got one and we got something to analyse. If Ix turns out to be town, we still can look who was too eager. And most of all: we don't risk losing an active town player. But I expect that the Ix situation will be resolved before it comes to the deadline. Either by a replacement or by a modkill

Also: BOOKWYRM, you still didn't reply to my question for clarification: your statement that you are mason, was just a statement about the profession of your character, right? It's a bit mis-understandable, since there is also the role 'Mason'. Please tell me that wasn't what you meant and you didn't just make a claim on Day 1 without reason! )
bler144: <snip>
So a few things here. As noted prior, cristi does have a tell, and it's basically floating in at the end of each day with consensus-y, largely-repeaty info with no analysis.
<snip>
@bler

Day = game day
day = real life day

Can you think of a game where I voted early on Day 1? (apart from RVS)

The Day is far from over, I didn't get the section about me not voting on three Days when i was scum. How do you compare that with a Day that hasn't ended?

Can you think of a game where I provided lots of analysis during the first 2-3 days? The post you referenced by HSL was 11 days into the game....that's a bit of a difference.

If you are scum this game, I'll be surprised. You seem to be working your butt off. But you're off on this.

I posted in the sign-up thread that I would only be able to participate during the evening on most days. If that makes me scum, you should keep your vote on me from here on out, that will not change.
Hey, still alive and attention has been diverted to other things since this is a longer game. But plan to be around more over the weekend, sorry!
Stanari: Yog, I think, implies that I've been coasting.
Have you been coasting?

Stanari: More...active lurking, I suppose? Here but not outputting sufficient content? (Is there anyone in this game who meets that standard, save Nacho?)
I like what I've seen from Bler. I like to think I'm putting out content as well. Yog is putting out words, as is Brasas; I'm a little up in the air on where they fall on the scale.

Lifthrasil: Also: BOOKWYRM, you still didn't reply to my question for clarification: your statement that you are mason, was just a statement about the profession of your character, right? It's a bit mis-understandable, since there is also the role 'Mason'. Please tell me that wasn't what you meant and you didn't just make a claim on Day 1 without reason! )
Whoops. Sorry about that. I wanted to inform people that there is a Mason in the game.

(Please don't LAL me. I'm actually not sorry.)

-----

I've been toying with the idea that Ix's role is "Town Mime: You can't actually post in the thread."

Also, I'm about to the point where I'm ready to ignore flavor. Werewolves or whatever hitting the town only once a month? Meh. We might be able to reproduce faster than that. Also, I'm not sure that Maine gets any Middays that last for a week. Alaska does, but I don't think Maine does.
cristigale: @trent - do you find anyone besides Ixam vote worthy?
What I really dislike is making lists of who I feel is scum and why. Do I have a list of people I feel I need to keep an eye on to see how they behave and interact, absolutely. Do I want to share that list with everyone, absolutely not. If everyone starts posting lists of who they feel is scum and why and scum are on several of their lists all it does is give them a chance to modify what they are doing wrong without feeling the pressure, and pressure is where scum will slip up.

I am a big proponent of voting, everyone by now should have a vote on who they feel is the scummiest. If you are not voting then you are not using the strongest power town has. Just imagine if everyone actually put a vote out there and we discussed the reasons behind them instead of people hem hawing around and waiting for someone else to place a vote. The only way town wins is working together and discussing the situation.

As of this moment the biggest problem I have is Ix not showing up and participating. Everyone should know that signing up for a mafia game means investing a lot of time and effort, and not even showing up for the start is disrespectful to everyone else playing and to the mods of the game. It could end up Ix had some real life issues pop up that prevented him from starting, and I hope all is well with him. Whatever the issue is the mods will resolve it, but I'm leaving my vote there unless something else pops up that I feel deserves my vote.
Lifthrasil: Also: BOOKWYRM, you still didn't reply to my question for clarification: your statement that you are mason, was just a statement about the profession of your character, right? It's a bit mis-understandable, since there is also the role 'Mason'. Please tell me that wasn't what you meant and you didn't just make a claim on Day 1 without reason! )
Bookwyrm627: Whoops. Sorry about that. I wanted to inform people that there is a Mason in the game.
But why? And why so early? The power of Masons is to talk amongst each other in secret, without scum knowing - and the knowledge that the others are confirmed town to them. It might also be valid play to talk in the first night and then come out all together to mutually certify each other. But one lone Mason coming out on Day 1 just gives scum a target for Night 1. So please explain to me, how claiming Mason on Day 1 is a good idea for town? You are throwing away all the usefulness your role has and you are painting a damn big target sign on your own back. Why?
Bookwyrm627: We might be able to reproduce faster than that.
No one is aware of anyone else currently being pregnant, and everyone is a bit pre-occupied and busy to be thinking about baby-making.

Though, Marie wouldn't be opposed to some practice if any of the strapping hunks here care to oblige her, she even thinks Emma might have what it takes to tickle her fancy.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by drealmer7
Lifthrasil: But why? And why so early? The power of Masons is to talk amongst each other in secret, without scum knowing - and the knowledge that the others are confirmed town to them. It might also be valid play to talk in the first night and then come out all together to mutually certify each other. But one lone Mason coming out on Day 1 just gives scum a target for Night 1. So please explain to me, how claiming Mason on Day 1 is a good idea for town? You are throwing away all the usefulness your role has and you are painting a damn big target sign on your own back. Why?
Assume I'm town.

If I'm a Mason Role: By the time I die, there should be enough clues that the other Masons can point to as evidence to confirm themselves as town when it is appropriate, and hopefully my flip will provide the proof of my role. For town to be sure we aren't just a wolf pack brazenly claiming Mason, at least one of us has to die eventually. In a game this big, I think the wolves can't really afford to let whole blocks of town players get confirmed.

If I'm not a Mason: Wolves busy killing me aren't killing a power role more important than whatever I'm holding. Or maybe I'm bluffing the wolves into not killing me, to protect my role.

Either way, I'm making problems for them. Can they afford to ignore me, or not?

Assume I'm a wolf: Maybe I just have gigantic stones. Yes, making that pun was necessary. :P