It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

But how am I supposed to float by on the breeze under everybody's radar?

Fine.

At least I don't have to post without vowels.

Vote Stanari

Guess I'll violate my own free pass, since this is where I feel my vote should be at the moment.

Sorry Stan. Give me a reason to move it, please.
[i]Perky Fergie's immaculate pectoral muscles glistened in the bright sunlight, a product of the sweat on his chiseled chin dripping onto his naked top half and down to the well-defined lines of his six pack. He'd gotten the nickname Perky Fergie as a wee lad in Ireland, when other girls his age giggled at the way his nipples always showed through his shirt because of how massively hard they were, and he kept the name throughout his life as a young man when the other girls giggled at how his lower half complimented the upper.

He smiled for a moment, showing off those sexy face-craters that would eventually be called "dimples", realized it was the wrong response for the situation, then settled on more of a "Blue Magnum" kind of look. [/i]

"We have a lot of small ideas floating around, but we will be more effective as a team; this village was formed and thrives because everyone works together as cogs in a great machine rather than a bunch of independents towards a common goal."

He spoke softly as his dear departed grandmother told him, for he knew that people would value his words more highly if they had to struggle to understand them. As a married man, he also appreciated the fact that his whisper was far less arousing than his deep voice that earned him the additional "Walrus of Love" nickname.

"As it stands now, we have a primary goal: identify the threat against us. There are currently three possibilities; the first is that we're absolutely insane and poor Julie simply ran into the wrong bear at the wrong time, the second is an external threat, the last is an internal one. The first threat can be extinguished by simply not doing anything irreversible without definite proof (examples of irreversible things are impregnating and murdering). The second can be accomplished by barricading the outside doors, posting a guard to look outside at all time, and arming ourselves in order to combat anything that stands against us."

[i]Perky Fergie paused meaningfully, then flexed to fling the errant sweat off of his massive biceps. At this point, he was sweating so much where his entire body looked like he was covered in oil which made him cautious; that and his love of wrestling other topless men had a habit of getting him in trouble with his infinitely patient wife.
[/i]
"Barricading is something that all should be capable of; there were no houses in this village who were built entirely by other people. We should also be prepared to remain here for an extended period of time if it is needed; this means that those with food should stockpile it in the Community Home and those with the ability to prepare it should prepare to cook for plenty of people. Arming ourselves is something that all should be capable of; everyone should have axes to cut wood, knives to prepare food, and samurai swords to kill deer. A guard shift must also be created; there must always be a decent group of people awake at all hours. To this end, I believe that we should split ourselves into 4 6-hour shifts; for the first shift, no one will sleep. For the second and third, 6 people will sleep, and for the fourth, 5 people will sleep. This presents minimal risk of everyone regardless of external or internal threat unless the internal threat is much more significant than we'd anticipated, which is unlikely since they would have already overpowered us faithful if that were the case."

Perky Fergie paused again, this time because he was out of breath (even though, if you asked him, he would have said that it was intentional). He caught the glance of the freaky widow chick and a flash of something crossed his mind, but he drowned it out with thoughts of potatoes. Sweet, sweet potatoes. Potatoes were the only thing that kept him sane while Mary was away; potatoes were what kept him faithful and what kept him so irresistibly in shape.

"As far as preparing for an internal threat, a prison must be created as another building project. It should probable reinforced with stronger material than wood; we shall see if the Smith finds himself capable of creating such a room. As for those of you blessed with animals; the dogs will make fine guards against external threat but will be more useful once we know what we're up against. The horses are useless to us now; I'd suggest we keep them close by and healthy in case we need to send someone away to Nashua to tell them of what has happened to us here. The cows can be used as bait for any external threat; whatever killed Julie was likely hungry and will probably eat a cow if it is still treating our Village as our Hunting Ground."
Welcome to another classic GOG forum software fail, Perky Fergie!

But I like it. I like it.
I nominate we follow Fergie's plan
QuadrAlien: (I admit I have a slightly troubling feeling I should check the Shodan game, though - I know I was thinking I saw every single scumread from one town player...)
Nachomamma8: Could you elaborate on this though? What do you mean by "I saw every single scumread from one town player"?
Well, I'd been following the game (not having been playing) and thinking "This player HAS to be scum, there are far too many tells here... Right, they've finally lynched him, they might get somewhere... Wait... He was TOWN? WHAT? HOW?"

Having now checked, you know who the player was? Docbear. My sample size is a bit small at the moment, but I must not dismiss the possibility that I'm really, really bad at reading this player. :)
Yeah, italics is always an adventure, and I don't think it ever works across multiple lines.

Definitely not a vote count lest it displease the mod, but just something I stumbled onto in the historical records yet took a surprising amount of time:

Ix (3): Lift, Trent, doc
Yogs (2): Stan, Fox
He-who-shall-probably-not-be-valid (2): cristi, Wyrm

people with one vote:
Lift (Nacho)
Doc (QA)
Stan (yogs)
cristi (bler)
Fox (Sushi)

Not currently voting but did once upon a time: Brasas
Never voted?: Tammy, Agent, Ix, Dess

Most people voted for: Wyrm (5, though 2 of those arguably don't actually count)

yogsloth: I nominate we follow Fergie's plan
I'll put on a kettle then, and get some eggs and herbs for cristi to make a nice souffle or quiche, shall I?
Nachomamma8: Could you elaborate on this though? What do you mean by "I saw every single scumread from one town player"?
QuadrAlien: Well, I'd been following the game (not having been playing) and thinking "This player HAS to be scum, there are far too many tells here... Right, they've finally lynched him, they might get somewhere... Wait... He was TOWN? WHAT? HOW?"

Having now checked, you know who the player was? Docbear. My sample size is a bit small at the moment, but I must not dismiss the possibility that I'm really, really bad at reading this player. :)
I had a feeling you were were referring to me, Quad. That was the first time I ever played a mafia game.
bler144: ...
that's toeing a line that I am trying not to see where the line actually is and ....

*glare*

don't do it again

------------------------------------------------

I am actually working on some flavor, but also have a bit of other things to do (non game-related) before I get it completed, that will be tied to the "vote-count" (not because yogsloth called for one, but because it is now time for me to do so. - I don't think it hurts to tell you, that for the D1 first vote count, the trigger required was that more than 50% of the players have to be voting.)

I've been working on it but also busy so, like it says in the OP (1 of them anyway), please bear with me while I get it all post-worthy.
My beard and I are having a hard time keeping up with all this talking, let alone replying to anyone.
A trigger comes with people voting.
I'd bet a trigger comes when our first significant wagon was formed.

Beard man, what are your thoughts on Lift? My thoughts, in a decently condensed form, can be found on the last page (I'd just post it if I wasn't afraid of quoting myself).
agentcarr16: My beard and I are having a hard time keeping up with all this talking, let alone replying to anyone.
And you log off? That's all we get?

You're better than that. That's ridiculous.

---

I'm off to go lead a team of 8-10 year olds in glorious defeat on the ballfield.

True story - this team is pretty bad, but we got a new player the other day. I was told we'd be getting a ten-year-old. "Thank God", I thought, "We desperately need an experienced kid on this team!"

He shows up.

He's never played baseball before. He throws like a four-year-old girl. He's terrified of the baseball. He swings a bat like he's gently wafting it through mud, literally seconds after the ball has passed him by.

Oh, and he has a club foot.

"I want you to treat him like every other player," his Dad says.

I would, kind sir, except every other player is at least physically capable of locomotion from one base to the next.

But he's a special little snowflake like all of these little bastards, so I'm practicing my "That's OK, great job trying buddy!" face extra hard in the mirror today.
agentcarr16: My beard and I are having a hard time keeping up with all this talking, let alone replying to anyone.
Your beard should consider voting.

ISO'ed Lift to see if I could see what Nacho is seeing, and...don't so much. Does look like someone who has blurred the line between RP and play pretty effectively though. So nudging him to do more actual OOC posting/analysis I can get behind.

On re-read am a little bummed I missed the chance for a over-the-top to the point of slightly disturbing innuendo here, though.
Lifthrasil: I have the village's largest herd and I supply meat and milk to the village.
So...(deep breath)....How would you like to supply meat to my village?

And/or something something all the ladies at the town well say you have a large herd.
Whew! It is hard to keep up with everyone. Nothing is really standing out for me except for lx's absence.

Nacho, why did you place a vote on Lift?

Am I the only person who is completely and totally lost and confused?

*Getting into character*

I am going to check on some of the remaining animals. Then, if anyone would like some music, I'll play my flute. Also, I'll help prepare some food.

(Not only is my character the local vet, but also seems to be a jack-of-all-trades sort).

(I hope this post doesn't merge).
Wall coming.

yogsloth: But how am I supposed to float by on the breeze under everybody's radar?

Fine.

At least I don't have to post without vowels.

Vote Stanari

Guess I'll violate my own free pass, since this is where I feel my vote should be at the moment.

Sorry Stan. Give me a reason to move it, please.
Why are you voting me? Why are you apologizing to me?? Why do you keep tone-whiplashing me?????
Stanari: Wall coming.
More of a hedge row, really.

Yogs is an enigma inside a riddle inside a croissant. Got it. Totally agree. Anything else on your radar?

Official Boat Count: 0

0 Boats.

The Goat count will take a bit longer, and will be followed by the Stoat count.

Random public service announcement, but Fri/Sat I'll likely be offline pretty much all day but will check in eves. Sunday...hard to say. Depends on weather and travel. Might pop in late afternoon if I get back in time before this to-do I'm attending, should be back for evening.