It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Again in character:

So, how did you drive the wolves away back then?

Anyway, night all.
Dessimu: I would probably expect more role playing from yogsloth, but in my head this wish goes with the thought "I loved him role playing my sister in that game, where we were all trapped in grandpa's manor". I mean, yogsloth was insanely awesome in there, so now my expectations a high for ages to come.
That really was the most fun game ever. May the memory of Mariah live forever! Perhaps we'll meet her for a 3rd time someday. :)

But yeah, I kinda decided not to role play this one too much. I'm just happy-go-lucky little ol' me this time. Mostly.

I'm still prone to unexpected bursts of random, horrific violence, but I'll try to channel it more constructively this time.
Brasas: You're missing my PPS for one... but really Bler don't strawman me please. You are insisting that I know or knew Drealmer has No Lynch in mind... why? What I said was a smokescreen, a half truth, a hedged bet. You know?

If the Resistance game was not obvious enough, I find subterfuge while "speaking" can be great scumhunting. And the votes are what always gives the lie or the truth to one's alignment.
I'm not straw-manning you. The question was why you proposed it. Your answer now is "it was a smokescreen, a half truth, a hedged bet."

You could've just said that on first pass and saved a lot of time. ;)

As I noted in my prior post to you, there was clearly an answer, it was just mostly curious why you were fighting rather than providing it.

Dessimu: Yeah, so lets get properly "re-acquainted" (we do know one another for quite a while already and in fact, I am supposed to know you all). I am Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith. Most importantly I guess - I am one of the founders of our village. Came here 19 years ago from Portland where I got sick of politics. Been working in some factory,
LIES! It's Falmouth now, man! It won't be named Portland for another 90 years or so! And 20 years ago it was destroyed by the Abenaki tribe! Bustling city my buttocks.

Also, what is this "factory" of which you speak?

I'd totally vote you, but then I suppose there won't be a "Nashua" for 50 more years either. Pretty sure it's still Dunstable. And more than 70 miles from wherever it is we are.
1) My expectation for yogsloth this game was that he would do a little better job acting as the bridge between MU and GoG; he failed, I forgive him, but I'm starting to understand his approach a little better thanks to the weird meta you all have here (no offense). I was uncomfortable with him tromboning bler's words and ignoring him like a champ until recently, but I understand his approach a bit better now. Tonally, he's reading fine but last time I tried to read him by tone he gave me a hug, told me everything was going to be okay, that I was a bright shining light in a dark sky and that we would be together forever, then ripped my throat out. My read on him can pretty safely be described as "null", but I expect that to change very quickly once he actually starts making juicy pushes.

2) I hate the idea of lynching someone who straight up isn't here. If lynching lurkers is the route that we want to travel, then I think that lynching people who have said little over people who have said absolutely nothing is the way to go. People who contribute little but are still here are more likely to be people who are uncomfortable posting as wolves and are people who will not become readable as time goes on, whereas people who are NOT HERE AT ALL are simply not playing, and are likely to be taken care of by drealmer as he's a moderator and dealing with people who don't meet activity reqs is part of the job.

3) Not much has stood out to me so far, but I don't really like Lift's early interaction with Brasas where he sort of weakly calls him out for No Lynching and then immediately backs off; it felt like he was doing something just because he was supposed to and I think that's wolf trying to keep to their town meta. I don't buy his explanation for backing off (it makes sense in roleplaying terms) when Brasas wasn't roleplaying in the beginning of the game.

Unvote: Yogsloth
Vote: Lifthrasil
Nachomamma8: 2) I hate the idea of lynching someone who straight up isn't here. If lynching lurkers is the route that we want to travel, then I think that lynching people who have said little over people who have said absolutely nothing is the way to go. People who contribute little but are still here are more likely to be people who are uncomfortable posting as wolves and are people who will not become readable as time goes on, whereas people who are NOT HERE AT ALL are simply not playing, and are likely to be taken care of by drealmer as he's a moderator and dealing with people who don't meet activity reqs is part of the job.
Hey! Now you get my Stanari vote after all!
yogsloth: I'm also absolutely top-shelf with chickens.

Chickens.

They love me.
Tell me more about chickens! I know about chickens too!

Seriously.

Well, mostly seriously. Partly flavor shitposting.

But I know deep in my heart that if you'll tell me the truth about your chickens I can trust you with anything and someday we'll be happily married.
yogsloth: I'm also absolutely top-shelf with chickens.

Chickens.

They love me.
bler144: Tell me more about chickens! I know about chickens too!

Seriously.

But I know deep in my heart that if you'll tell me the truth about your chickens I can trust you with anything and someday we'll be happily married.
Hmmm, I'm not sure you're the right fit for my son
Nachomamma8: 1) My expectation for yogsloth this game was that he would do a little better job acting as the bridge between MU and GoG; he failed
I'm bummed out about this, btw. :(

I've been trying.

It's not my fault bler has been doing a better job than me.

Actually, as I reflect upon it, it might in fact be definitionally correct that it is my fault bler is doing a better job than me, as nobody else is responsible for the job that I do.

I'm going to go sulk for a while.

Seriously.

You are the weirdest lady.

I have dozens of chickens. I keep them in the woods on my property. I train them to hunt wild moose and defend my homestead against roving marauders.

Two of those sentences were true.

trentonlf: Hmmm, I'm not sure you're the right fit for my son
But Mom... what if she, you know, "does stuff"? You know? It's not like we're Puritans, you know what I mean?
Post edited September 09, 2016 by yogsloth
Nachomamma8: 1) My expectation for yogsloth this game was that he would do a little better job acting as the bridge between MU and GoG; he failed
yogsloth: I'm bummed out about this, btw. :(

I've been trying.

It's not my fault bler has been doing a better job than me.

Actually, as I reflect upon it, it might in fact be definitionally correct that it is my fault bler is doing a better job than me, as nobody else is responsible for the job that I do.

I'm going to go sulk for a while.

Seriously.

yogsloth: You are the weirdest lady.

I have dozens of chickens. I keep them in the woods on my property. I train them to hunt wild moose and defend my homestead against roving marauders.

yogsloth: But Mom... what if she, you know, "does stuff"? You know? It's not like we're Puritans, you know what I mean?
I'll set you up with your third cousin Bessy again, she needs some good loving
GOD F***ING DAMMIT
yogsloth: GOD F***ING DAMMIT
??
yogsloth: GOD F***ING DAMMIT
trentonlf: ??
mergepost
Let me borrow an axe. I'll just cut myself now.

Then Docbear can sew me up.
yogsloth: You are the weirdest lady.

Interesting. Now I just need to figure out which two...

yogsloth: But Mom... what if she, you know, "does stuff"? You know? It's not like we're Puritans, you know what I mean?
As a great poet will someday say:

They say it's better the second time,
they say you get to do the weird stuff.
yogsloth: merge edit
Ooooo, aren't you lucky I saw the original before the edit?! (maybe you are, maybe you aren't)

your penalty:

You must have a vote placed for the rest of the Day (voting no-lynch is okay)

PLACE YOUR VOTE