It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Something different: Jay (SirCrimsonFox), you should get your hand looked at and tended. We don't want to lose anyone to an infection in these dire circumstances. Anyone experienced in the tending of wounds around here?

That would be me! Jay, let me take a look at that hand.
trentonlf: All I want to dinos help
Bookwyrm627: YOU DID WANT TO HAVE A WERE-WOLEPHANT RUNNING THROUGH THE VILLAGE!!
I just wanted the elephant to stomp the werewolves, you are the one who said it would turn into a were-wolephant LOL.

Vote Ixamyakxim
Still nothing from Ix, that's not good. First game I played here, ironically, Ix was the host and players allowed another player to stay alive who had stopped participating. I think it caused town to lose the game. Not going that route again. Hopefully he shows up soon, but at this point he's hust dead weight.
I am very conflicted about this... I'm not that good at role playing... our doc, or something like our doc, just outed himself, and to some extent our mod influenced it. I am not complaingin about it, I am just stating that I feel a bit lost on how to act... :(

It's like... not so many of you have played with me, but I tend to be quite aggressive so to speak. This game is almost constantly telling me to slow down and ride out events...

Anyway, here's so you all get to know me, then I'll reply to folks.

I'm Dan and I take care of the horses. I've lived alone here for 7 years, and I'm somewhat melancholy character. I spend most of the time with the horses - seems there are quite a few, and I own four myself. As you can imagine there's a stable and corrals on my property. I see I have basic carpentry, woodwork, farming, sewing, cooking skills. So I can help with the barricade stuff clearly.
cristigale: Now if the flavor I quoted is just flavor, then who knows. I still expect a decent size town. Drealmer may have some tricks up his sleeve that proves my theories completely off. I assume JMich and Krypsyn both approved of the setup so I don't expect it to get too crazy - but there could be some curve balls. My initial guess (4 wolves and 12-13 town) may be too simplistic.
FWIW, while I'm open to new information as we go, those are fair thoughts.

I'm generally assuming something in the range of a 12/4/1, maybe a 13 v 4. Less likely, perhaps, but based on a few conversations with Drealmer during the Champs game [not about this game, about general design theory/principles], I think the latter is at least in play.

Now that it seems confirmed we have 'events' (via Wyrm/Lift plus Drealmer's jumping in to not-quite-acknowledge it) I think beyond that we wait to see what info, if any, comes out of these events. They might just be flavor to encourage participation, or they might be more than that.

That said, IIRC Krypsyn never actually provided any feedback past an early draft (not sure if that was noted in the signup thread or came via PM discussion with drealmer), and JMich was responsible for the 11v1 game and exceedingly-rare "Flawless Town Victory". ;) Even the stomping in the champs game wasn't flawless!

So yes, I do see your point, but personally I wouldn't put too much stock in relying on it - like most of us I think from the mod side of the table I think he likes a cool gimmick and wants to watch it fly as much as the next person, even if he's a cool-headed analyst as a player.
_________

And, uh...Roleplay something something.

Since our PMs apparently actually matter, I went back and read mine. Apparently I had pigs (or just wanted pigs but never got them? seems a bit unclear) and strawberries when Howard was alive. So the bacon is a lie, apparently. Just like the damn cake.

Now I just have chickens and a tea/herb garden. People come to me for eggs.

I have a barn and it's a maze and something about airflow for drying herbs. I also apparently contemplate peeing myself on a semi-regular basis.

Maybe that's the real reason I'm still single.

The barn, I mean. Lots of people like watersports.
Brasas: I am very conflicted about this... I'm not that good at role playing... our doc, or something like our doc, just outed himself, and to some extent our mod influenced it. I am not complaingin about it, I am just stating that I feel a bit lost on how to act... :(
I doubt the flavor outing of being a vet is literally the Town Doctor.

I would hope that wouldn't be that straightforward.
Brasas: I am very conflicted about this... I'm not that good at role playing... our doc, or something like our doc, just outed himself, and to some extent our mod influenced it. I am not complaingin about it, I am just stating that I feel a bit lost on how to act... :(
yogsloth: I doubt the flavor outing of being a vet is literally the Town Doctor.

I would hope that wouldn't be that straightforward.
Agreed. There's some WIFOM, obviously, but I wouldn't make the assumption that was a de facto role claim, soft or otherwise.

It's like... not so many of you have played with me, but I tend to be quite aggressive so to speak. This game is almost constantly telling me to slow down and ride out events...

Anyway, here's so you all get to know me, then I'll reply to folks.

I'm Dan and I take care of the horses. I've lived alone here for 7 years, and I'm somewhat melancholy character. I spend most of the time with the horses - seems there are quite a few, and I own four myself. As you can imagine there's a stable and corrals on my property. I see I have basic carpentry, woodwork, farming, sewing, cooking skills. So I can help with the barricade stuff clearly.
I'm floundering, too. I freely admit it.

Perhaps someone should swing by Emma's cabin.
I stepped in to make sure any "people doc" didn't out himself over this. DocBear had basically already claimed vet, which should be close enough for a superficial hand woun...

Unvote Ixamyakxim.

Vote drealmer7.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the only way that hand wound occurred was by Drealmer cutting him with an axe, which means Drealmer is present. We've lived here quite a long time without wolf problems; they showed up when HE showed up. The first one to report Julie being dead was Drealmer. He's the only one confirmed to have hurt any of us.

Lets lynch the mod, and see what happens. At the absolute worst, No Lynch occurs and we don't lynch someone when we have no flavor reason to do so.
Bookwyrm627: Lets lynch the mod, and see what happens. At the absolute worst, No Lynch occurs and we don't lynch someone when we have no flavor reason to do so.
That always ends well.

And by "always" I mean "literally never".

Request Vote count please
With the number of skills on display, I'd imagine more than one person would be skilled in most things, so hopefully Docbear's not both game-mechanically and skill-wise a doctor. (To say nothing of username-wise.) Still, such speculation gets us nowhere... I'll leave my vote where it is for now. (I admit I have a slightly troubling feeling I should check the Shodan game, though - I know I was thinking I saw every single scumread from one town player...)

Speaking of skillsets, I'm ever so slightly jealous of Brasas' list. Mainly because I only moved here about 4 years ago and haven't really got the hang of any particular skill in the village yet. I moved here from Boston, you see - a city-dwelling type, not as used to village life.
I am so completely lost.
Nachomamma8: I am so completely lost.
You mean one of your advantages is not a map?
1) Dead little girl. May or may not have been tasty.
2) Most of the villagers fled for their lives
3) We lucky 17 are all that stayed behind
4) We're all basically shitposting about flavor until we figure out what we're supposed to do

So Nacho, what skills do you bring to the table as we try to fortify our defenses against what may or may not be werewolves?
yogsloth: 4) We're all basically shitposting about flavor until we figure out what we're supposed to do
Follow my lead. Vote for Drealmer.
I see a few replies to my post on refresh... will get to them later, I just decided I need to write down everyone's name and flavor revealed so far. If I'm gonna RP, let's do it properly I guess...

Brasas: Almost forgot, the comment about no more than 4 or else is odd to me. What the heck do you know that I don't?
Bookwyrm627: That 5-6 wolves on the same team mean town is probably screwed before the game starts.

With 5 wolves, town has to kill 5 wolves before 7 townies die. With 6 wolves, town has to kill 6 wolves (with little/no help from wolves) before 5 townies die.

snip
Ok. But if we manage to lynch wolves correctly, we gain "room". So those numbers are not absolute. Anyway, I get the assumptions, I am also assuming one scum team with circa 4 people. And I'm still keeping an eye on you.

SirCrimsonFox: Who was talking about no lynching? First I've heard of it, son. Are you the first one to say it?
[Raises hand] Post 44 if I recall Nacho's referencing it. But that bait didn't really get any significant bites...

Actually, I know I said I'd ride it out more. But you can't have missed all the mentions to no lynch so far... >:(

Brasas: 4) Is that so far from the typical 75% town ratio?
I'm not looking at this approach as a huge upside one, just as a low downside fallback.

5) Ok. I'm writing bottoms up. I covered this on the response to Bler.
And I already said somewhere I agree with Trenton until further notice.

6) Urgh. I'm going to give my reads since I see we're there. You always think Yog is scum Bler... and I'm the one that always keeps the powder try.
bler144: 4) That's why I like you. ... snip
5) Well, I'm not sure you did. ... no clear argument on why he would incorporate it specifically as a design feature in his first modded game. How do you get from A to C there?
6) Yes, it's a good thing one of us held back on voting for him.
Bler, you'll need to help me out. I got a bit lost.

What did you like on 4)? The number logic showing the low downside? You go on to speak of my meta so I'm unsure.

5) No one asked me to try to mindread Drealmer. I'm as puzzled by his design intentions as anyone else. And want to try and relax and see what happens above all else right now.

To recap. Nacho asked if my mentioning no lynch was just because of Drealmer's meta. I said I covered that in replying to you. You had said yourself "it's a bit odd coming from Brasas" and replying to that I gave one other reason for what I had suggested: the previous game D1. * Implication being, maybe No Lynch is not such a bad idea also here. That said, I also then added to Nacho that I agreed with Trent already to drop that. Which to be explicit now, the main reason I spoke of No Lynch was to get reactions.

So what I covered in replying to you was that, no, Drealmer's meta was not the only reason. And then I hinted to him by mentioning Trent, the main reason, which had been baiting.

(the PPS on post 44 itself was hinting that I was mostly baiting)

6) I didn't get. Is it sarcastic? Is it earnest? What does it refer to? I have not considered voting for Yog... I'm just paying attention to him. The only one I was leaning to vote was Ix, but I think there's already three on his wagon and so I'll keep my powder dry.

* That I still think in the previous game with that wagon no lynch would have been better - it was an all town wagon until the scum hammer if you'll recall, and it left us at MYLO on D2.

PS: Your Cristi vote = heh >:(