It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unvote Nachomamma8.
Vote RWarehall.
bler144: This is exhibit a of why I try not to play anymore. Dog-tired for 3 hours, fighting sleep on the drive, go to bed and partly asleep with the light off and then the brain zzzrrrrps on something.

trentonlf: WTF is going on here, this is not a role madness game. Either someone is lying their ass off or we have the worst possible luck.
bler144: When you first said this I assumed it was a town slip and tried to paper it over with a diversion. But I'm no longer sure it makes much sense. And if you're town scum probably picked up on the implication anyway.

The full slate of events, detailed above but adding the two "maybe" claims from wyrm and I:

DayVig/SK (all but mod-confirmed)
compulsive town investigator (claimed not confirmed)
doctor (claimed not confirmed)
Mason (on the table, maybe/maybe not claimed)
Paranoid Barn Owner (on the table, maybe/maybe not claimed)

Not to mention whatever TF yogs is doing.

Even if you're town vanilla, or have a simple, normal role and are bluffing VT, which he may or may not be, do you look at your own PM plus Sushi's flip and rush to assume it's NOT role madness? I'd kinda assumed that was at least in play.

At most that's 2 vanilla versus 1 normal role and 4 ...less normal... roles on the table.

Even in the first game I was in (was role madness) there were 14 players, and exactly one was vanilla.

Will sleep on it, but if drealmer said somewhere that it's not role madness I really do want to see the quote. Does this strike anyone else as notable or am I chasing shadows here?

I hate this game.

vote trentonlf

I just don't see where the assumption it's not role madness comes from given everything that's been put on the table if only seeing 1 PM + 1 VT flip vs. the preponderance of evidence. It seems like someone seeing multiple pieces of evidence and weighing it against those collective claims.

If there's a quote to this extent from drealmer, then by all means I'm way off base.
Have you read post #6 lately, you should check it out and rethink your vote. I'm not scum
Well, I see most of you continue, or seem, to operate on the usual maj assumptions for lynch. Haven't you groked this will be different? It's like all of a sudden, after a number of claims that put us in what seems like a fairly tricky position, no lynch is becoming a-okay? It's exactly the opposite if you ask me, and I still see too much vote jumping that the wagons are all messed up. Make up your minds and stick it through please. I haven't been happy with almost any of my votes so far but at least I'm trying to do the right thing.

Other than that overall dominant impression I see the Nacho / Tammy talk with interest. If only we could have some further perspective on that.

Yo Yogs? You in da (Oak)wood?
yogsloth: sonar ping... boop boop...
Earth to Yogs, earth to Yogs. Can you come down from whatever high you're on and actually like, help out? I agree with Cristi that Tammy is leaning literally town, and I particularly continue to find Nacho skeevy. Your comments would be appreciated.

Also the Trent Bler tiff is like whatever. When emotions show through Trent raises my eyebrow. But not sure I see an alignment lean. WIFOM yadah yadah.

cristigale: If she can make this post as scum we are in for one heck of ride. I don't know how to read that post except town.
Mostly agreed. But I would love Yogs' perspective on scum|Tammy scum|Nacho putting on a show for us.

Dessimu: snip
Heh. This is not the soft claim I was expecting...

Stanari: snip
Hmmm had forgotten you. Can you drop the sniping and give us a bit more substance on the whole Nacho | Tammy convo?

Bookwyrm627: I'll wager anything we're allowed to wager that neither Babark nor myself have killed anyone this game.
Perhaps you want to add a Yet in there? :P

TammyTown: okay and babark's claim is kinda cheap, but in sense does go with the earlier derp I guess.
Just a clarifying comment here. Kindly remember it was different players. Unless you saw a derp I didn't? docbear was all kinds of derpish. babark is overdefensive, and that to me is not alignment indicative with him.

trentonlf: WTF is going on here, this is not a role madness game. Either someone is lying their ass off or we have the worst possible luck.
I don't call it bad luck when we had so much vote jumping. Untangling the wagons is going to be messy as F... but certainly some wolf fangs (witches' nails? whatever the F drealmer put on the favor recently?) are involved.

babark: Errr....this seems really pointless, but then....
Don't lynch me, I/doc am the doctor!
Oy vey...
By the way. Called it or what?
Dessimu: I can't shake the feeling that scum are having their hands dipped deep in this voting shabang.

Reason for not lynching me is that I have a special awesome thing trick up my sleeve that is role unrelated. I may or may not have a role, but the trick might hurt town if used wrong.

I really don't want to say more.
This is such a garbage way to defend yourself from a lynch; "in not claiming anything but I have a trick up my sleeve that could hurt the town if I don't execute it properly!!! oooOOooOO".
TammyTown: The only soft claim that points me to is a possible sensor, which would be more of town role and quite possibly fit with his constant you should poke at me.
What is a "sensor" role?
vote count / vote-count / votecount / VC

5 villagers want to kill Laura Jennings [babark] -- William (QuadrAlien), Emma (Ixamyakxim), Adam (RWarehall), Sean (Lifthrasil), Eric (yogsloth),

4 villagers want to kill Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith [Dessimu] -- Sarah (TammyTown), Dan (Brasas), Emily (trentonlf), Fergus (Nachomamma8)

2 villagers want to kill Adam Johnson [RWarehall] -- Laura (babark), Craig (Bookwrym627),

1 villager wants to kill Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!) [Lifthrasil] -- Justin (Stanari),

1 villager wants to kill Eric Barton [yogsloth] -- Nathan (Dessimu),

1 villager wants to kill Emily Barton [trentonlf] -- Marie (bler144),

1 villager doesn't want to kill anyone -- Claire (cristigale),

***************************************************************************************************
if your vote is not located where you want it to be, say so, and I'll amend the VC
Post edited September 24, 2016 by drealmer7
gone for several hours
Brasas: Nacho | Tammy
Both are perfectly capable of eating me alive, but I think that exchange paints both fairly well. Or... hmm. Tammy definitely comes out of it looking suitably town. Nacho? Ehh. Not as much.

Bookwyrm627: sensor
Detects how many scum on a lynch. Rare as hell though and I don't think this makes sense in the context of Dess.
Vote REO Speedwagon

For being the shitty band I had to sit through in between the two good bands I wanted to see.

Leppard rocked the house to the best of their 55+ ability, though Rick Allen looked like he was about to die after that drum solo.

Where were we?

drealmer7: vote count / vote-count / votecount / VC

5 villagers want to kill Laura Jennings [babark] -- William (QuadrAlien), Emma (Ixamyakxim), Adam (RWarehall), Sean (Lifthrasil), Eric (yogsloth),

3 villagers want to kill Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith [Dessimu] -- Sarah (TammyTown), Dan (Brasas), Emily (trentonlf),

2 villagers want to kill Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!) [Lifthrasil] -- Fergus (Nachomamma8), Justin (Stanari),

2 villager wants to kill Adam Johnson [RWarehall] -- Laura (babark), Craig (Bookwrym627),

1 villager wants to kill Eric Barton [yogsloth] -- Nathan (Dessimu),

1 villager wants to kill Emily Barton [trentonlf] -- Marie (bler144),

1 villager doesn't want to kill anyone -- Claire (cristigale),
Ah, all over the place. Pretty sure this isn't right though. Didn't Fergie vote for Nate?

Still, what a bowl of spaghetti. We're going to be here forever.

Warning: the good ship IDGAF is arriving shortly.

Brasas: Yo Yogs? You in da (Oak)wood?

Earth to Yogs, earth to Yogs. Can you come down from whatever high you're on and actually like, help out? I agree with Cristi that Tammy is leaning literally town, and I particularly continue to find Nacho skeevy. Your comments would be appreciated.
Yeah, I think Tammy is Town. It says so right in her name. Would she lie? Nah, I think she's Town. But Nacho is capable of anything. Gun to my head? Ah... it's legit. I'd say Town for both. I don't think either would "fake drunk fake Town" post in a dialog.

I dunno Brasas. There are so many people looking Scummy to me.

babark
wyrm
trent
maybe RW?

Not voting for bler, I'm much better on Stanari, the two above are OK, I think cristi is OK...

Whaddya want?
Doesn't anyone else think that's a bit of overreaction from Tammy over being on the short list for SK?

Yeah, long post filled with inaccuracies and "I'm so Town's". It's so LAMIST, its sick. Of course it's a good approach. Many people are suckers for "I'm so town".

GoG has a long history of wacky games and the larger the wackier. There is no way in my mind that we have a basic boring werewolf game with just Town vs. Werewolf in a 17 person game run by Drealmer.

Furthermore, GoG games view an unlimited shot Vig as OP and if I remember correctly, JMich, the assistant mod, view them similarly. So, to believe Tammy, one has to believe we have a limited shot Vig who decided the best time to use his power is the middle of Day 1 on a virtual lurker. I don't buy it. I don't buy it at all. We have a SK folks!

Tammy's idea that I am scum based on this is ludicrous. What scum needs to win in a game like this is fewer days. Heck Tammy, you seem to be practically claiming you have most of town figured out and are pinning down the remaining scum on Day 1 with no power role reports. What are the chances for scum if this goes 6 days and a number of "unspecified investigator" reports? But according to Tammy, only scum would want to seriously find a SK. Nah, scum would probably try to let the SK live. They need the distraction and they need the game to last fewer days. I'd think a "premiere" player like Tammy would get that, but...

I don't do this often, but there is a method to my madness. Tammy may not like my game, think it's inferior to her much more refined effort, but I do my best. This is how I scum hunt but it's not what Tammy or maybe what most of you see.

First off. I think tone reads are a waste of time. It's simple. What is a town player doing? Being town, sounding like town, right? What is scum doing? Playing town, pretending to be town, sounding like town. What is a SK doing? Playing town, pretending to be town, sounding like town. Can you tell the difference? Me neither. So this assigning of town points every time someone makes a town sounding post ("But the tone is right") is a whole bunch of nothing to me.

I prefer to poke and prod. Do my best to take people out of their confort zones and see if they slip. I try to evoke a response from those who come off as a bit off. But that isn't the only response I'm looking for. I'm looking for everyone else's responses too. Who is coming to their aid, who isn't. In other words, i'm looking to see if their buddies slip as well. It's why I got on Bler's case earlier. Every time I tried to evoke a response, he's jumping in playing devil's advocate. He was de-fanging my prods. And when I said he was no longer solid town in my book, this is why. I do have to wonder if there is a reason he was doing this. Is he trying to cover for someone? I still think he's being his occasionally overthinking, over exuberant self, but I simply now have some doubts. Not that serious of doubts, but some.

So it started when poke Docbear and she goes completely AWOL. What am I supposed to read from that? So that's where my vote stuck. it's an honest vote. (And for the record, I was not the one who started the wagon against that post. Go back and look. It was Bookwyrm. Incidentally, it was also Bookwyrm who first suggested Docbear was implying the number of scum with that post. Curious how Bookwyrm started a wagon he didn't jump on and now is trying to lynch me for trying to "lynch a town power role". All over one of his own observations...Classic scum set-up. Guess I'm the one who fell into the trap.)

Before I forget
Unvote Babark
The claim is mushy, but it's still a claim. Not taking the chance to lynch him and now that Bookwyrm is trying to lynch me over it, I think I've found the real scum. And look who he's not voting for...
Vote Dessimu

Back to the way I do business. So yeah, I poked Yogsloth a few times. His play is different. I'm not the only one to see it. But he's Teflon. I'm liking him more as town given post 1274 though. And it may sound funny, but his insistence to get a kill to end the day, sounds a lot more town to me.

But one of those pokes, was also a general poke out to the SK. Because I wasn't just accusing Yogs of possibly being SK, I was also looking at who else might blink. So when Yogs fended it off admirably, I doubled-down to see what response I might get from someone else. It did not escape me that Nacho and Tammy weren't actually the only subjects, but I was curious who would mention that (exonerating them) and who might react. And when it was looking like Doc/Babark's lynch was dragging unnecessarily and he might be scum. I was seriously considering TammyTown as creating the 2nd wagon to get pressure off. Yes, i was pushing buttons.

But I think I just got the results I was looking for. I have a feeling this is TammyTown overreacting. My guess is she made a mistake by killing Sushi not thinking that the field of candidates would be so limited. She didn't appreciate getting called out for being scum when she was trying so hard to appear town. And she's trying to find a way to get out of this jam.

But for now, I think she's our SK, but that is a topic for tomorrow.

I think Bookwyrm is scum. Hoped to subtly start a town wagon and I took the bait and ran with it with the full intention to throw me under the bus after the flip. And he's staying off the Dessimu wagon because that is his scum buddy.

And while TammyTown may actually be right with this read, I don't believe it is to "help Town". But heck, I've been wrong before, maybe we do somehow have a unlimited Vig who is going to gack a newcomer early in day 1...
look at that delicious omgus

delicious, delicious omgus

I think it's at least 80% culture clash lol.

The snippiness is weird. So is the tone; kinda sounds like how I write as scum. But some of that's attributable to personality and it does make sense as either alignment in the context of that.
Unvote: yogsloth - I have no exact reason to suspect him. Might when I reread him.

RWarehall: ISO
What does it stand for?

bler144: WOT
What does it stand for?

Stanari: PPE: oh hey Dessimu! Your take on the current votecount and RW vs babark, please.
As of this request, latest vote count was #1003. I would have voted QuadrAlien myself. Docbear felt towny to me, so even if I didn't have an idea about babark, wouldn't consider him to be scum yet. Don't consider him as scummy now either. But I also didn't read his posts yet. Same with RWarehall.

bler144: I mean, in your absence I did propose that you/Lift/Ix/babark would make a pretty "rational" team on purely circumstantial evidence.
I think if I was scum and buddies with them, we all would have f*inappropriate language* something up already. Meaning, I don't believe this team would work out well. Especially considering my own dis-involvement that I showed until now.

bler144: Dess, has been lurking like nuts.
He has. And in any other normal game, yogsloth would have slit Dess's throat already. STU and all that... I find it weird it didn't happen yet. @yogsloth, why?

TammyTown: Anyway I think that babark, lift and dessimu almost has to have at least one scum in it.
This group might have a scum or two in it. But how exactly are the three connected? I have one idea in mind, but then group would include QuadrAlien to say the least. So, what makes specifically you tunnel specifically here?

*30 minutes after* I read #1182 and if you want, you may not answer about tunneling. I'm good.

bler144: (Stanari) Make a case. I like you for town, but not enough to do the work for you. ;)
But enough to be influenced by her big way.

bler144: POS
What does it stand for?

bler144:
"Dess only makes sense if he is mafia. Otherwise - weirdo". Love it.

trentonlf: After going over his posts what it seems to me is he is posting to stay active and trying to appear like he's actually helping without really doing anything. Hiding in plain sight is the feel I get from him.

@dessimu you said not voting is a waste so why are you not voting?
@all: to tell the truth, I was occupied, floating around here just enough to not ask for a replacement yet but also not to be mod-killed. There were evenings where I just said to myself "meh, will do this next day" and that means YOU should been more judgemental and you should have killed me already (STU theory basically).

Now imagine yourself reading few posts here, few posts there - would you honestly want to vote just anyone?

cristigale: Does Dessimu typically lurk?
Typically I talk and make jokes that are not funny really.

TammyTown:
You got too emotional.

Nachomamma8: This is such a garbage
Oh? Try me.

RWarehall: I think Bookwyrm is scum. And he's staying off the Dessimu wagon because that is his scum buddy.
Oh crap. Bookwyrm, he caught us.

I filtered posts about myself here. Just saying.

All in all facts are these:
- I have been lurking. Partly I was forced to, partly I chose to.
- "Slaughter the Useless" should have applied to me long time ago already. And it would have in any other game.
- This wasn't told in here, but I realized I usually make crappy jokes. Somehow, I am not a funny guy.
- I am not really concerned about being lynched. My concern is that:
-- Bler started my wagon for whatever purpose, got help in moving it from Stanari, after a while became "Oh, it moves!" and now people are dancing around me like I was very pretty to look at, but stinking as a farting ferret.
-- Reasons for voting me are: lurking, "I feel like doing it", "I don't give a crap - lets end this Day already". And you call me scum?!
- Sure, claim sounds like "I am mister obvious" and my claim is worth half a nickel. But if you disregard it - it's your fault, not mine.
- Can't vote without knowing how people behave for like...the entire second half of the game.
- Tammy just doesn't like me and I wish I could make her (her, right?) see my shining eyes and lovely smile. I respect her opinion, no matter how wrong it is - even influenced by martinis, she sounds strong and true.
- @Bler, I am not a daisy for you to pick my petals "vote", "unvote", "vote", "unvote"... Make up your mind already. You want this Day to end but you linger around like an acrobat pupil on a swinging rope.
Dessimu: And in any other normal game, yogsloth would have slit Dess's throat already. STU and all that... I find it weird it didn't happen yet. @yogsloth, why?
I been voting for you on and off all damn day! What do you people want from me?!?!?!?!

AIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm only here to dayvig people and chew lollipops and I'm all out of bullets.

You're Scum because your wagon keeps falling apart. Or something. But I want you to make us some silver bullets.

btw

Tired of trying to be subtle. It's not working.

You've been offered a silver candlestick. Have you gone to your QT and sent in instructions to make those bullets?

You should.
Filter: docbear1975 (username) - her own posts. Between page 1 and page 44 there are 19 results, returned in 10 seconds

Enjoyed the flavor about being vet and was helpful in offering help on wounded hand. And Julie's body. And was straightforward overall, not hiding things. Given my personal situation, it would not surprise me if Docbear drew doctor role. Since I remember Babark claiming doctor already, this just feels like confirmation of Babark not lying. Early conclusion: Babark is town, voting him is wrong and those who pushed Babark must be poked. But that is my opinion, who cares, right?

Filter: doc (word) - got all posts where she was mentioned.

The only post from her that is worrisome says and I quote: "He has a convenient wagon forming, and with so many players, scum could throw one of their own under the bus, so to speak". But I believe her to be town, so got to believe this was assumption. Other than than, doc is taken seriously to be doctor and that is understandable (it wasn't a claim after all). Gets accused of lurking.

TammyTown: And really, if I'm reading the suspicion about that statement correctly at all, docbear showing inside knowledge really only applies if one of lx and quad are scum.
Did you mean to say that if Quad/lx is scum, then docbear(babark) is also scum? If so, then I am in a much bigger favor of lynching QuadrAlien to support/deny this theory and not lynch a potential doctor.

Don't have nerve to read further.

Reading posts with "doc" in them, I got a good portion of Babark's posts as well. Babark is hard on RWarehall and I like Babark's way of speaking. Feels right.

For all you, screamers, I will make it clear:
- "Babark's claim: doctor" + "gut feeling on docbear being town" + "vet being actual doctor like Nathaniel Smith being village smith" = I believe Babark to be town, I believe him to be doctor and for god's sake, I am not voting him even if it gets me killed. Plus, forget Babark's wagon for a while and think three steps into the future. Neat, huh?
- Vote: QuadrAlien. I think I assumed Tammy's post above right. If so, it is a safer way of better determining how true Babark is to his words. Plus, I hold QuadrAlien as a reasonable candidate to consider. And yes, I am going all around the safe ways. So what?

But I did not read his posts yet, so actually I might just be cocky now and unvote him later in shame.

Don't have no time now. Goodnight.
Brasas: Well, I see most of you continue, or seem, to operate on the usual maj assumptions for lynch. Haven't you groked this will be different? It's like all of a sudden, after a number of claims that put us in what seems like a fairly tricky position, no lynch is becoming a-okay? It's exactly the opposite if you ask me, and I still see too much vote jumping that the wagons are all messed up. Make up your minds and stick it through please. I haven't been happy with almost any of my votes so far but at least I'm trying to do the right thing.

Other than that overall dominant impression I see the Nacho / Tammy talk with interest. If only we could have some further perspective on that.

Yo Yogs? You in da (Oak)wood?
yogsloth: sonar ping... boop boop...
Brasas: Earth to Yogs, earth to Yogs. Can you come down from whatever high you're on and actually like, help out? I agree with Cristi that Tammy is leaning literally town, and I particularly continue to find Nacho skeevy. Your comments would be appreciated.

Also the Trent Bler tiff is like whatever. When emotions show through Trent raises my eyebrow. But not sure I see an alignment lean. WIFOM yadah yadah.

cristigale: If she can make this post as scum we are in for one heck of ride. I don't know how to read that post except town.
Brasas: Mostly agreed. But I would love Yogs' perspective on scum|Tammy scum|Nacho putting on a show for us.

Dessimu: snip
Brasas: Heh. This is not the soft claim I was expecting...

Stanari: snip
Brasas: Hmmm had forgotten you. Can you drop the sniping and give us a bit more substance on the whole Nacho | Tammy convo?

Bookwyrm627: I'll wager anything we're allowed to wager that neither Babark nor myself have killed anyone this game.
Brasas: Perhaps you want to add a Yet in there? :P

TammyTown: okay and babark's claim is kinda cheap, but in sense does go with the earlier derp I guess.
Brasas: Just a clarifying comment here. Kindly remember it was different players. Unless you saw a derp I didn't? docbear was all kinds of derpish. babark is overdefensive, and that to me is not alignment indicative with him.

Brasas: I don't call it bad luck when we had so much vote jumping. Untangling the wagons is going to be messy as F... but certainly some wolf fangs (witches' nails? whatever the F drealmer put on the favor recently?) are involved.

babark: Errr....this seems really pointless, but then....
Don't lynch me, I/doc am the doctor!
Brasas: Oy vey...
By the way. Called it or what?
Sorry for not cutting down quotes, but Brasas, this "ooh! interesting talk!"is exactly what I'm talking about when I'm referring to you throwing vague shade at me; you did it against me during me-Bookwyrm too.