It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good news for all space explorers! No Man’s Sky has received update 3.5 titled Prisms which dramatically refreshes the gaming experience. The universe has never looked better, with reflections, new texture effects, more biome detail, improved lighting, and more.

To celebrate this update’s release, Now Man’s Sky receives a 50% discount on GOG.COM that will last until 28th June 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
albinistic: No, in the requirements, it states that desolation, living ships and a few other extra things are online components. So some content is gated off behind an online connection is needed.

As noted,
"Please note: GOG GALAXY is required to access online features for No Man's Sky.

The game features online components introduced in updates (SYNTHESIS, BYTEBEAT, LIVING SHIP, EXO MECH, CROSSPLAY, DESOLATION and ORIGINS) that require Internet connection.

Cross-platform multiplayer is supported."
It might be that the game page wasn't updated after they fixed it. I mean, GOG ignored the whole debacle from the start, so it wouldn't surprise me if they also decided to ignore the problem being fixed. But I honestly don't know, I don't own the game and so I lost track of the whole thing eventually.
Hurray and thanks for making the incremental patch available right away (this time).
albinistic: No, in the requirements, it states that desolation, living ships and a few other extra things are online components. So some content is gated off behind an online connection is needed.

As noted,
"Please note: GOG GALAXY is required to access online features for No Man's Sky.

The game features online components introduced in updates (SYNTHESIS, BYTEBEAT, LIVING SHIP, EXO MECH, CROSSPLAY, DESOLATION and ORIGINS) that require Internet connection.

Cross-platform multiplayer is supported."
Breja: It might be that the game page wasn't updated after they fixed it. I mean, GOG ignored the whole debacle from the start, so it wouldn't surprise me if they also decided to ignore the problem being fixed. But I honestly don't know, I don't own the game and so I lost track of the whole thing eventually.
Oh, I also do not own the game. Just going off what they wrote. Maybe they fixed it maybe not. They probably did not update the requirements or just did not patch it.
my name is capitayn catte: I'm out of the loop. Did they ever fix the online gated content?
Breja: It might be that the game page wasn't updated after they fixed it. I mean, GOG ignored the whole debacle from the start, so it wouldn't surprise me if they also decided to ignore the problem being fixed. But I honestly don't know, I don't own the game and so I lost track of the whole thing eventually.
albinistic: Oh, I also do not own the game. Just going off what they wrote. Maybe they fixed it maybe not. They probably did not update the requirements or just did not patch it.
They did fix it. You can read all about it here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/melody_of_the_egg_no_gog_galaxy/post45
Post edited June 03, 2021 by MarkoH01
Ok, always tempted to buy this, although I still have some big open(ish) world games on my backlog, so I still might wait a bit. However, can someone give a quick wrap up to what degree you can basically play through a story mode here? Can I play through a story line while doing a bit of side content or will this more like Terraria or Minecraft where there are some story events but otherwise kinda sandboxish?
Yep, the good old 50% discount that happens every month or two.

You gotta laugh.

And yes, I know they often add bonus stuff, and that I guess is where the real benefit or real discount over time lies.

You pay the same but keep getting more for your money. That's a good thing. :)

P.S. Don't mind my observation ... couldn't resist. LOL
Robette: Ok, always tempted to buy this, although I still have some big open(ish) world games on my backlog, so I still might wait a bit. However, can someone give a quick wrap up to what degree you can basically play through a story mode here? Can I play through a story line while doing a bit of side content or will this more like Terraria or Minecraft where there are some story events but otherwise kinda sandboxish?
There's a main quest line that you can follow, although it is basically a sandbox game. You can at any time decide to go free explore and ignore the main quest and come back to it later. That's no problem. Not sure how long it would take to just do the main story quest, but if you're unfamiliar with the game, then something along the lines of 10 to 12 hours maybe. Don't take that estimate as concrete though. There's also a secondary main quest (the Atlas Path) that you can whip through pretty quickly that gives more game lore, but isn't necessary to do. You can do it concurrently with the main story quest, do it after, or ignore it completely. Hope that helps.
MarkoH01: They did fix it. You can read all about it here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/melody_of_the_egg_no_gog_galaxy/post45
Thanks, good to hear. I'll give it a try sometime then. I'm seeing some fairly recent reviews mention frequent crashing, hopefully that has been improved.
joveian: I'm seeing some fairly recent reviews mention frequent crashing, hopefully that has been improved.
Just a quick FYI: I'm also one that was being cautious about updating to the 3.5 after reading some posts about frequent crashes.

However, I "gave in" and updated yesterday.

Since then, I've played about 10 hours, and not one single crash.

As I have an nvidia rtx 2080 super, I also turned on the new DLSS (on a 4K monitor, everything set to Ultra).

No issues at all, so far. Running around on planets (via ship, on foot, and via exocraft), warping to both old and new systems, cave exploring, some base-building, saving freighters from pirates; basically, a little of everything - and not a single crash or problem.

So... I'm glad I "gave in" and updated. Some of the new graphics are great to look at; making an immerisve game even more immersive.