It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Building castles in the sky.

No Man's Sky, the ambitious open-space exploration game in a procedurally-generated universe, just received a massive update appropriately named NEXT.

It brings a whole bunch of changes and additions across the board, most notably:

- Option to switch between first and third person view at will
- Visual upgrades to ships, NPCs, buildings, terrain textures, space vistas - pretty much everything
- You can now build far more complex bases anywhere on the planet
- Build your own fleet, upgrade it, and send it out or keep it close while exploring a system

The multiplayer element of NEXT is not yet included in the DRM-free edition of the game. Read more about the delay below:

"[i]From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man's Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.

However the multiplayer component will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline.

For a small, independent studio, developing the feature across multiple platforms is a hugely ambitious and technical challenge which resulted in this delayed release. Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.

We appreciate your immense support and patience.

- Hello Games & GOG.COM Team[/i]"
So happy I didn't take the refund, going to stick with DRM free and support GOG. That being said good on you for letting people have the option to refund even after 2 years.
nonchip: "Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform."

i hope not, given that GOG promised we'd never need Galaxy for anything except the inconvenience of yet another game library software...
GR00T: It's already necessary for Gwent as well as multiplayer for some other games. The 'no DRM' and not needing Galaxy is with respect to single player only.
to quote their FAQ:

GOG Galaxy is fully optional because you don’t need it to play games on GOG.com.

so they lied and it's not fully optional because NMS is a 100% online game?
nonchip: to quote their FAQ:

GOG Galaxy is fully optional because you don’t need it to play games on GOG.com.

so they lied and it's not fully optional because NMS is a 100% online game?
No, you can play it without Galaxy. You'll need Galaxy for multiplayer, whenever that comes to the GOG version. You'll still be able to play it single player without Galaxy though.
Yeah seems gog galaxy will be for MP login, I guess I'm ok with that, gives them some control over the MP experience? but I hope it doesn't mean people with mods will experience blacklisting or bannings!!! that would be shocking!

Also it seems HelloGames forgets that this game is from 2016, do we still need the $59.95 price tag? I'll wait for the next special, and maybe gog can work on getting that galaxy client working under Linux ;)

Certainly GOG has its disadvantages compared to steam! 2 steps forward, 1 step back...
GOG.com: Building castles in the sky.

No Man's Sky, the ambitious open-space exploration game in a procedurally-generated universe, just received a massive update appropriately named NEXT.

It brings a whole bunch of changes and additions across the board, most notably:

- Option to switch between first and third person view at will
- Visual upgrades to ships, NPCs, buildings, terrain textures, space vistas - pretty much everything
- You can now build far more complex bases anywhere on the planet
- Build your own fleet, upgrade it, and send it out or keep it close while exploring a system

The multiplayer element of NEXT is not yet included in the DRM-free edition of the game. Read more about the delay below:

"[i]From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man's Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.

However the multiplayer component will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline.

For a small, independent studio, developing the feature across multiple platforms is a hugely ambitious and technical challenge which resulted in this delayed release. Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.

We appreciate your immense support and patience.

- Hello Games & GOG.COM Team[/i]"
Does this include the creative mode ?
Any updates on the multiplayer?
Faust_3D: Any updates on the multiplayer?
Between never and some days later than that is my guess.
Please, let it be playable also via LAN without the need of an internet connection and external application.
GOG.com: "[i]From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man's Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.

I'd really like to buy on gog rather than steam, but I'm starting to lose hope that this will happen. I really want the multiplayer aspect of it.
GOG.com: Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.
So did you ever get in contact about this? Is this actively being worked on between Hello Games and GOG? Or is this the same as the Linux support you promised for GOG Galaxy?
They need to start offering refunds again for this damn game so we can go get the Steam version which isn't crippleware like GOG's :(
>people got suckered AGAIN
Attachments:

Post edited December 04, 2018 by Fairfox
I should have taken the refund. This is ridiculous. "We'll get it done soon"
6 months pass and we STILL don't have it. I also got cheated out of multiplayer in Redout, apparently, so now I'm out that money because of GOG's anti-consumer refund policy. You downloaded it, it's yours, nevermind if standard features are missing and you wasted your $ based on getting those features. Really starting to hope this stupid company of false promises just goes under and doesn't fucking lie to me again.
I never bought NMS lucky me but it's time GOG stopped being so fucking lenient on asshole developers who don't give a single shit about those who buy here like Hello Games, 1C, tinyBuild, Party Hard developers and a dozen others who are more interested in taking our money without even making sure the game we pay for works and is as feature complete as Steam.

If they want to release here then make sure they commit to it or kick them out of the door, some developers has already been removed the last months like the one who made Perception and that's good but the work is not done yet because more remain.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by ChrisGamer300