It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Building castles in the sky.

No Man's Sky, the ambitious open-space exploration game in a procedurally-generated universe, just received a massive update appropriately named NEXT.

It brings a whole bunch of changes and additions across the board, most notably:

- Option to switch between first and third person view at will
- Visual upgrades to ships, NPCs, buildings, terrain textures, space vistas - pretty much everything
- You can now build far more complex bases anywhere on the planet
- Build your own fleet, upgrade it, and send it out or keep it close while exploring a system

The multiplayer element of NEXT is not yet included in the DRM-free edition of the game. Read more about the delay below:

"[i]From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man's Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.

However the multiplayer component will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline.

For a small, independent studio, developing the feature across multiple platforms is a hugely ambitious and technical challenge which resulted in this delayed release. Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.

We appreciate your immense support and patience.

- Hello Games & GOG.COM Team[/i]"
ChrisGamer300: no need to boycott any service as a knee jerk reaction.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: There are plenty of great reasons to boycott Steam, most especially of which is that they have the power to steal all of the user's games at any time via banning their account, which they often do, i.e. ttps://www.pcgamer.com/valve-has-banned-over-90000-steam-accounts-this-week-reports-steamdb/

Boycotting Steam is not a "knee jerk" reaction, it's just wise,
This was more aimed at GOG and i should have phrased it as such. I don't know if actually boycotting Steam will change anything really since all the larger publishers would just create their own client and force it on you like Ubisoft and EA has already done if everyone boycotted steam and succeeded and i have no doubt that they would also outright ban your account in some cases of serious violations.

Is even GOG safe from losing your account ? sure you can back up all your installers which is a huge plus but still.

As for me it doesn't matter i neither use Steam or buy games from larger publishers anymore.
Post edited July 27, 2018 by ChrisGamer300
deepcapture: Would it make you guys feel better if I told you that the PS4 version with multiplayer is fatally bugged and nigh unplayable due to crashes?
Probably not.
finkleroy: I've also seen people stream the Steam version. Everyone came to the conclusion that the multiplayer is not ready for prime time.
I don't know about that. I played multiplayer for a few hours the other night and it was the easiest multiplayer experience I have ever had on a PC and I have been gaming online since Quake 2 and Rainbow Six were released.
Where's the 1.52 patch for non-galaxy?

I only see 1.51 downloads (that have "1.51_b_experimental" in the filename) and a patch from 1.5 to said 1.51b.
So what you're saying is... I should I have bought this on Steam rather than GOG if I want to play this with friends anytime soon, because GOG doesn't hold developers to account for promised (and falsly advertised) multiplayer features. Good one guys. Will remember that in future - sucks because I believe in what GOG is doing, and love CD Projekt Red as a studio - but this bs, along with the Age Of Wonders 3 debacle (still not on Mac despite Steam having Mac a long time ago - my gf really wants to play AoE3 and NMS with me - she has her own GOG account) really isn't the way you look after your customers.
draeath: Where's the 1.52 patch for non-galaxy?

I only see 1.51 downloads (that have "1.51_b_experimental" in the filename) and a patch from 1.5 to said 1.51b.
Weekend. Updates for manual download for No Man's Sky has almost always not been available until sometime on the next business day which explains the lack of 1.52. However, there likely is to be another emergency patch issued tomorrow morning so it is possible that 1.52 will never be available as an offline backup as they may just wait to do 1.53.

There also seems to be a bit of a problem with either file names or, more likely, hyperlinks for some of the 1.51 manual download links.

Early on in the No Man's Sky process there was a post from GOG about why their manual downloads for offline play took longer to be released. It has been almost two years but I believe that it was because they (GOG) had to write some additional code to make these installers work.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by ChewyWeAreNotHome
ChewyWeAreNotHome: It has been almost two years but I believe that it was because they (GOG) had to write some additional code to make these installers work.
They have to package them (from the files uploaded to Galaxy) and upload them to the site which is more of a manual process. They also test them. This is why they take longer, and on weekends it's usually just support staff (and they may be working from home).

A lot of people think developers control standalone installers, but they don't... it's all GOG. Developers do have direct access to upload patches to Galaxy though, which is why Galaxy get's updates quicker.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by BKGaming
GOG.com: Building castles in the sky.

No Man's Sky, the ambitious open-space exploration game in a procedurally-generated universe, just received a massive update appropriately named NEXT.

It brings a whole bunch of changes and additions across the board, most notably:

- Option to switch between first and third person view at will
- Visual upgrades to ships, NPCs, buildings, terrain textures, space vistas - pretty much everything
- You can now build far more complex bases anywhere on the planet
- Build your own fleet, upgrade it, and send it out or keep it close while exploring a system

The multiplayer element of NEXT is not yet included in the DRM-free edition of the game. Read more about the delay below:

"[i]From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man's Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.

However the multiplayer component will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline.

For a small, independent studio, developing the feature across multiple platforms is a hugely ambitious and technical challenge which resulted in this delayed release. Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.

We appreciate your immense support and patience.

- Hello Games & GOG.COM Team[/i]"
I really enjoy those social-marketing skills. First lets give them all those fantastic updates:
1/3rd camera switch - wow!
visual upgrades - wow!
more (what does it mean?) complex bases - yeah!
build your own fleet - nice!

AND after all those gems one tiny, tiny, small news: no multiplayer.
No, no there is multiplayer - you have to play on steam. You just don't have multiplayer BECAUSE you use GOG platform. Do they think that people are so stupid? Just give them few changes and they don't notice that the game doesn't have the major function. What a shame.
high rated
Wow, so much hate directed at gog when ultimately this is the developers fault in the end. Blaming gog for being too lax with developers and not demanding things from them? Isn't demanding games be DRM free kinda a big one? Expecting them to demand more or to somehow be able to guarantee that a developer delivers updates with feature parity? From what I understand gog has handled this about as well as they can. Even if mistakes were made I'd be first to blame hello games. It's too bad considering that the Next update seems decent. I was thinking about getting nms but I won't be doing so until (or rather if) they actually follow through with releasing updates here.
Post edited August 01, 2018 by lothar69
I have another one for ya: why is the game only $27,49 on steam, incl. multiplayer, and $73,49 here on GOG, with NO multiplayer??? Can someone enlighten me? Because i really do not understand this...
Hello Games disappoints once again. Just when I thought maybe they were turning around...
poktor: I have another one for ya: why is the game only $27,49 on steam, incl. multiplayer, and $73,49 here on GOG, with NO multiplayer??? Can someone enlighten me? Because i really do not understand this...
That's not what it shows for me.

Steam: $66.49 CDN
GOG: $66.49 CDN.
I wasn't aware I was buying an inferior version of the game...

Hello Games, you talk about how challenging it is to develop a game across multiple platforms, yet I notice you have no problem taking people's money across different platforms... Here's a novel idea: if you're incapable of developing the game across multiple platforms, then DONT SELL IT ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS. (Yes, a degraded version of NMS is still available for purchase from GoG)

For the record I was a defender of this game when it was released... Your latest moronic misstep is too much, despite wanting it to be good so badly, I've come to the realization that NMS is just toxically out of touch with it's problems and will continue to push out hype and broken promises.
zgrillo2004: Fucking Sean the liar Lies Again!. I dont really care about the MP aspect but lying to your customers is not cool.
ShinigamiEyes: wait, what are we missing...what are you missing? Sean lied because they can't have multiplayer on the GOG platform yet? did you read the other posts? multiplayer is live and great on steam...or are you gonna cry half lie now? did you read the other posts on why it's not possible yet?
No I said I dont care for MP to be out yet. But I just dont like the fact that they never disclosed until the very last minute that MP was not implemented yet for GOG.
"Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform."

i hope not, given that GOG promised we'd never need Galaxy for anything except the inconvenience of yet another game library software...
nonchip: "Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform."

i hope not, given that GOG promised we'd never need Galaxy for anything except the inconvenience of yet another game library software...
It's already necessary for Gwent as well as multiplayer for some other games. The 'no DRM' and not needing Galaxy is with respect to single player only.