It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wcdeadpool: I just loaded my existing save and summoned the anomaly. Maybe starting a new game can work... Any info would be welcome ;)
Do you know how far is the shop in question when you start a new game ? I am kind of tempted to try but I don't have a lot of time right now.
wcdeadpool: I just loaded my existing save and summoned the anomaly. Maybe starting a new game can work... Any info would be welcome ;)
Gersen: Do you know how far is the shop in question when you start a new game ? I am kind of tempted to try but I don't have a lot of time right now.
It's in the Anomaly. If you speed run it you could make it there in 60 to 90 minutes.
Gersen: Do you know how far is the shop in question when you start a new game ? I am kind of tempted to try but I don't have a lot of time right now.
TerriblePurpose: It's in the Anomaly. If you speed run it you could make it there in 60 to 90 minutes.
Yes. around 2 hours of playtime I'd say...
wcdeadpool: Hum... Sorrry to bring bad news but i just tried the game with the latest offline installer and there is no void egg ( or any new objects) in the qs shop. Nothing has changed...
EnforcerSunWoo: Thanks for taking a look, many will appreciate that. What they will not appreciate is the fact that as you said, Nothing has changed...
It might in fact be worth trying with a new save. If you look at the offline shop mod on nexus ( https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/1782) it is specified that you must start a new save to get the new items.
Maybe it's the same thing here. If somebody has enough time to try, It could be interesting...
EnforcerSunWoo: Thanks for taking a look, many will appreciate that. What they will not appreciate is the fact that as you said, Nothing has changed...
wcdeadpool: It might in fact be worth trying with a new save. If you look at the offline shop mod on nexus ( https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/1782) it is specified that you must start a new save to get the new items.
Maybe it's the same thing here. If somebody has enough time to try, It could be interesting...
Thanks for the info. Hope that is the case.
high rated
Lifthrasil: alt3n1ty just reported, that Hello Games seems to have removed the DRM in one of the last updates. https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/melody_of_the_egg_no_gog_galaxy/post45

Can someone please check and confirm? That would be great news indeed!
Looks like it was confirmed here
Lifthrasil: alt3n1ty just reported, that Hello Games seems to have removed the DRM in one of the last updates. https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/melody_of_the_egg_no_gog_galaxy/post45

Can someone please check and confirm? That would be great news indeed!
TerriblePurpose: Looks like it was confirmed here
Thank you!
low rated
Ok, so the DRM has been removed now? If so, then my thanks goes out to Hello Games for listening to their customers and removing the DRM from their game. I will now consider buying it (when my boycott ends) or at least take a closer look at it. I would also remove the negative review I left for the game, except that GOG don't seem to give me that ability.

I can't say the same about GOG though. Since the DRM has been fixed, it seems in hindsight, if they had even made a thin pretense of working with the devs to address it, they might have earned some valuable brownie points with their users. Unfortunately, all we got from their end was some small print added to the game page and otherwise radio silence. All of which gives the impression they didn't really give a shit.

Oh well, we got the right outcome in the end, but I'm still not convinced about GOG's conviction.
Great news!!! Some days ago they remove it from Wasteland 3 and now from No Man Sky, good for GOG and Hello Games!!!
Time4Tea: Ok, so the DRM has been removed now? If so, then my thanks goes out to Hello Games for listening to their customers and removing the DRM from their game. I will now consider buying it (when my boycott ends) or at least take a closer look at it. I would also remove the negative review I left for the game, except that GOG don't seem to give me that ability.

I can't say the same about GOG though. Since the DRM has been fixed, it seems in hindsight, if they had even made a thin pretense of working with the devs to address it, they might have earned some valuable brownie points with their users. Unfortunately, all we got from their end was some small print added to the game page and otherwise radio silence. All of which gives the impression they didn't really give a shit.

Oh well, we got the right outcome in the end, but I'm still not convinced about GOG's conviction.
So, accordingly to your statement, GOG is responsable when the developers introduced DRM in a DRM Free store, but they don't deserve some credit when they finally help to remove it?
Post edited February 10, 2021 by KetobaK
low rated
KetobaK: So, accordingly to your statement, GOG is responsable when the developers introduced DRM in a DRM Free store, but they don't deserve some credit when they finally help to remove it?
Yes, imo GOG is responsible for upholding their stated value of DRM-free on their store.

Did they help to get the DRM removed? Is there any evidence of that? GOG hasn't made any statement and their communication on the issue over the past 3 months has been piss poor. They haven't removed the small print on the store page, warning that the game includes DRM. They haven't marked the wishlist request as 'completed', nor ever even acknowledged it as 'in progress' in the first place. Right now, there is no evidence they are even aware of what is happening.

As far as I can see, it has all been driven by Hello Games.
KetobaK: So, accordingly to your statement, GOG is responsable when the developers introduced DRM in a DRM Free store, but they don't deserve some credit when they finally help to remove it?
Time4Tea: Yes, imo GOG is responsible for upholding their stated value of DRM-free on their store.

Did they help to get the DRM removed? Is there any evidence of that? GOG hasn't made any statement and their communication on the issue over the past 3 months has been piss poor. They haven't removed the small print on the store page, warning that the game includes DRM. They haven't marked the wishlist request as 'completed', nor ever even acknowledged it as 'in progress' in the first place. Right now, there is no evidence they are even aware of what is happening.

As far as I can see, it has all been driven by Hello Games.
Hello Games hasn't made a statement either, GOG didn't make a statement when they help to removed Wasteland 3 Pre Order DRM, when I contacted InExile they just give me a generic answer and send me to fly, they don't even reply when I wrote them back, but a member of GOG Support told me that they would communicate with the team at InExile and try to resolve it with the next patch and so they did, is very probable that they did the same in this case but I know they are extremely overwhelmed and trying to catch up to spend time to show of their work. I think they really care and that's what they prove me with their actions, if you can see all the bad things, try to see the good too, and give them some credits for the work, they are humans and are trying to do their best.
Yes, they are responsible for their own stance, whether they accept DRM or not. Their reaction to the discovery that there is DRM in NMS was not to make the dev remove it (or get the permission to do it themselves), but instead they put a notice on the product page saying that Galaxy is required for parts of the game. In other words, they accepted the DRM. They didn't treat it as bug or error or a violation of the principles of this site, but just added a notice and were done with it.

So no, they don't deserve any credit for Hello Games listening to their customers.
Lifthrasil: Yes, they are responsible for their own stance, whether they accept DRM or not. Their reaction to the discovery that there is DRM in NMS was not to make the dev remove it (or get the permission to do it themselves), but instead they put a notice on the product page saying that Galaxy is required for parts of the game. In other words, they accepted the DRM. They didn't treat it as bug or error or a violation of the principles of this site, but just added a notice and were done with it.

So no, they don't deserve any credit for Hello Games listening to their customers.
But are you sure they listened to their customers? Or was through the intervension of GOG that they agree to remove it? Like I said before, they help me and proved me that GOG cares about stay DRM Free, remember, most of the player base that actually cares about DRM Measure come from GOG and we are the less (steam users need to be online all the time to play games and use the launcher, probably not even notice the cut content offline), so we need some back ups to actually be taken seriously, I'm sure GOG take part in Hello Games decision.
Overall it is a pointless discussion, since we don't know if GOG was involved in Hello Games decision. All we know is that it is removed now and till we get an official statement from GOG or Hello Games we won't know anything else.

The point is, it is removed and thats good news!
KetobaK: ... I'm sure GOG take part in Hello Games decision.
Well, that is quite an optimistic belief that I don't share. GOG's actions (like releasing a DRM-ed DLC for their own game Cyberpunk) speak a different language. They have shown with several games that they won't do anything to force devs/publishers to remove DRM from the games sold here. The complete radio-silence on this topic that the blues have been ordered to keep doesn't help to inspire confidence either.

The_Puppet94: Overall it is a pointless discussion, since we don't know if GOG was involved in Hello Games decision. All we know is that it is removed now and till we get an official statement from GOG or Hello Games we won't know anything else.

The point is, it is removed and thats good news!
To this I whole-heartedly agree.
Post edited February 10, 2021 by Lifthrasil