It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’re excited to announce the release of the latest update to <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span>, introducing a new playable faction — Nilfgaard.

With its control and espionage oriented playstyle, Nilfgaard equips players with gameplay mechanics that allow for revealing cards in the opponent’s hand, controlling the order of cards in player decks, and use of disloyal units, among others.

The update expands the number of cards available in the game by over 60 — new additions also include faction-specific cards for Northern Realms, Scoia'tael, Skellige and Monsters, as well as neutral cards usable by every faction.

See the full list of changes <span class="bold">here</span>.

Watch the “Nilfgaard arrives!” trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6dEwsyGr-tQ
Post edited February 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
[i]The stupidest thing about this game is the limits on silver and gold cards.
It`s just nerve shattering stupid.
6 on silver and most of the neutral cards are silver, whether to use them or use the deck`s main cards.
and the gold is 4, I like to use Yennefer and Ciri. And a dick like Nilfgaard has nearly 6 other astonishing cards from which I`ve to use only 2?
any unit in the game can be easily destroyed excpet gold ones.
So why on God`s green earth the ban on the silver ones? [/i]
Youssuf_Elhadidy: [i]The stupidest thing about this game is the limits on silver and gold cards.
6 on silver and most of the neutral cards are silver, whether to use them or use the deck`s main cards.
and the gold is 4, I like to use Yennefer and Ciri. And a dick like Nilfgaard has nearly 6 other astonishing cards from which I`ve to use only 2?
You do not understand card games... follow ur opinion, what is the point bronze cards... whats is the point on silver ones... Make them all gold!!! weeee!!!
Palmface kid.
Youssuf_Elhadidy: [i]The stupidest thing about this game is the limits on silver and gold cards.
Aidaho7: You do not understand card games... follow ur opinion, what is the point bronze cards... whats is the point on silver ones... Make them all gold!!! weeee!!!
Palmface kid.
You don`t understand me at all.
The original game in the Witcher Wild Hunt had only special gold cards. Now the standalone one has Bronze, Silver and Gold.
The annoying thing is the limits on the silver and gold. They limit your options while choosing which card to employ.
Example: I usually use Yennefer the conjourer and Igni so, Ii`ve only two remains to benefit from, I use Nilfgaard deck, It has maybe 7 gold cards (I don`t know the names but the abilities are, After 2 turns bth leaders become available for use, Choose a card and position it on the top of the deck, Assassination, Reveal two cards in my hand and for every one revealed reveal one from the opponent`s, destroy all spying units) and don`t forget Letho.
So, I`ve to choose only 2 from these cards? why not expand my options a bit?
Maybe like 4 Gold cards concerning the deck an only one added to be neutral?
the same to be said for silver ones.
I`ve F.Vigo, Fake Ciri, and the cards that gets 1 point per card revealed, the one that banish cards from the graveyard and some other.
If I decided to choose them, then I forget about my Commander horn, or Cleaver, Sarah, Olgierd and some really good cards.
I`m not saying make all the 25 silver, or all gold.
but there is no freedom in choosing.
What about a system that enables the use of some cards instead of the others?
Like, if you want to increase your gold cards by 1, you`ve to decrease your silver cards by 1 if the limit is reached.
Or 4 Gold main cards per deck and only one added like Igni.
Or 6 silver cards per main deck and 2 added, like olgierd and sarah for example.
You get me now or what?
Aidaho7: You do not understand card games... follow ur opinion, what is the point bronze cards... whats is the point on silver ones... Make them all gold!!! weeee!!!
Palmface kid.
Youssuf_Elhadidy: You don`t understand me at all.
The original game in the Witcher Wild Hunt had only special gold cards. Now the standalone one has Bronze, Silver and Gold.
The annoying thing is the limits on the silver and gold. They limit your options while choosing which card to employ.
Example: I usually use Yennefer the conjourer and Igni so, Ii`ve only two remains to benefit from, I use Nilfgaard deck, It has maybe 7 gold cards (I don`t know the names but the abilities are, After 2 turns bth leaders become available for use, Choose a card and position it on the top of the deck, Assassination, Reveal two cards in my hand and for every one revealed reveal one from the opponent`s, destroy all spying units) and don`t forget Letho.
I`ve F.Vigo, Fake Ciri, and the cards that gets 1 point per card revealed, the one that banish cards from the graveyard and some other.
If I decided to choose them, then I forget about my Commander horn, or Cleaver, Sarah, Olgierd and some really good cards.
Like, if you want to increase your gold cards by 1, you`ve to decrease your silver cards by 1 if the limit is reached.
Or 6 silver cards per main deck and 2 added, like olgierd and sarah for example.
You get me now or what?
Nothing change, couse trouble to me as well but at the end of the day it is fair. What would You propose intsead? Pick 4 gold You like the most- what I do, any change to this limit would ruin the gameplay. You like to use more gold and silver- then how many would make You happy. Critic but suggest somthing. I think it is optimal how it is :)
Youssuf_Elhadidy: You don`t understand me at all.
You get me now or what?
Aidaho7: Nothing change, couse trouble to me as well but at the end of the day it is fair. What would You propose intsead? Pick 4 gold You like the most- what I do, any change to this limit would ruin the gameplay. You like to use more gold and silver- then how many would make You happy. Critic but suggest somthing. I think it is optimal how it is :)
I`ve already suggested 3 times.
You like the gameplay as it is, its your opinion, my opinion is that this system needs some improvements.
Specially the Nilfgaard deck.
To me the most effective leader in this game must be Emhyr, But now he only benefits me with some revealed 3 cards that rewad me some 3 points with one of my silver cards.
In Witcher game`s gwent, he had some pretty good skills, they were suitable for him as he is.
Second of all there is Eredin, Power is 11 and not even gold.
The king of the hunt, the phantom riders and can be easily destoyed by a worthless neutral card.
You`re talking about gameplay, Tthen let`s talk, Foltest`s deck, I can hands down play some low powered cards, that generate two base copy of itself, I Can have three of those, And have the 3 cards that removes 2 points whenever a gold card appear on my side, and use the promotion card to convert all 9 of my troops on the front line from bronze to gold.
Whereas my opponent is kicking ass with Tacs and lot better handle, And I still win.
The same could be said concerning the Isles, That ranged troop that gain 1 point per weakened card, and I use the bear with it. Easiest win in history.
Some cards need improvements. Yes, some Cards are actually without a shadow of a doubt as described in the books and games like Letho, Philippa and Sela. Yet others like Vigo, Geralt, Triss and Emhyr are seriously underpowered. some are overpowered also.
When I talked about the 4 gold cards limit, I was trying to solve a problem concerning base decks as some neutral cards are hard to be left without use.
To sum up mate, eventually, its up to our views to try and reach middle ground to be deteremined by the developers.
And CD Project red are very good support and they do listen.
Aidaho7: Nothing change, couse trouble to me as well but at the end of the day it is fair. What would You propose intsead? Pick 4 gold You like the most- what I do, any change to this limit would ruin the gameplay. You like to use more gold and silver- then how many would make You happy. Critic but suggest somthing. I think it is optimal how it is :)
Youssuf_Elhadidy: I`ve already suggested 3 times.
You like the gameplay as it is, its your opinion, my opinion is that this system needs some improvements.
Specially the Nilfgaard deck.
To me the most effective leader in this game must be Emhyr, But now he only benefits me with some revealed 3 cards that rewad me some 3 points with one of my silver cards.
In Witcher game`s gwent, he had some pretty good skills, they were suitable for him as he is.
Second of all there is Eredin, Power is 11 and not even gold.
The king of the hunt, the phantom riders and can be easily destoyed by a worthless neutral card.
You`re talking about gameplay, Tthen let`s talk, Foltest`s deck, I can hands down play some low powered cards, that generate two base copy of itself, I Can have three of those, And have the 3 cards that removes 2 points whenever a gold card appear on my side, and use the promotion card to convert all 9 of my troops on the front line from bronze to gold.
Whereas my opponent is kicking ass with Tacs and lot better handle, And I still win.
The same could be said concerning the Isles, That ranged troop that gain 1 point per weakened card, and I use the bear with it. Easiest win in history.
Some cards need improvements. Yes, some Cards are actually without a shadow of a doubt as described in the books and games like Letho, Philippa and Sela. Yet others like Vigo, Geralt, Triss and Emhyr are seriously underpowered. some are overpowered also.
When I talked about the 4 gold cards limit, I was trying to solve a problem concerning base decks as some neutral cards are hard to be left without use.
To sum up mate, eventually, its up to our views to try and reach middle ground to be deteremined by the developers.
And CD Project red are very good support and they do listen.
No more, no less. You hit the point. Regards Bud. Card limit is fine, about anything else You said, sad but its true.
So funny.I am almost addicted to GWENT.
Youssuf_Elhadidy: To me the most effective leader in this game must be Emhyr, But now he only benefits me with some revealed 3 cards that rewad me some 3 points with one of my silver cards.
You're playing him wrong. Emhyr + mangonel(s) = devastation. And spotter units also get a +1 for each revealed card. So Emhyr is not underpowered at all.
However weather is still a bit OP imho. Monsters using Dagon and the right deck can spawn 6-7 weather effects. There is almost no viable way to counter it.