It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

agogfan: I've bought a couple of DRM-free games on the Epic Store!
(...)
we value our privacy.
I can't tell if your entire post is a sarcastic satire or if you are exceptionally oblivious.
Post edited October 08, 2020 by B1tF1ghter
B1tF1ghter: I can't tell if your entire post is a sarcastic satire or if you are exceptionally oblivious.
Neither.
Melvinica: GOG, if you're not going to bring The Outer Worlds DRM FREE here because of this I'm going to be so pissed off.
amok: in any case, The Outer Worlds is DRM free already on Epic

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Epic_Games_Store
While the Base-Game is DRM-FREE on Epic...

...The Gorgon DLC currently is NOT:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/epic_store_games_you_can_play_without_the_epic_launcher/post258

EDIT:
This is why we still need games to come to GOG - just b/c the base-game's DRM-FREE, doesn't mean the DLC's will be DRM-FREE...or not.

We need GOG, to make sure every piece of content for a single-player experience is DRM-FREE - base-games, DLC's, expansions, etc etc.
Post edited October 08, 2020 by MysterD
B1tF1ghter: I can't tell if your entire post is a sarcastic satire or if you are exceptionally oblivious.
agogfan: Neither.
If you are completely aware of EGS tremendous privacy violations whille you claim to value your privacy and yet you willingly chose to shop there then you are deluded, biased or a masochist.
B1tF1ghter: If you are completely aware of EGS tremendous privacy violations whille you claim to value your privacy and yet you willingly chose to shop there then you are deluded, biased or a masochist.
Please enlighten me.
low rated
B1tF1ghter: If you are completely aware of EGS tremendous privacy violations whille you claim to value your privacy and yet you willingly chose to shop there then you are deluded, biased or a masochist.
agogfan: Please enlighten me.
I don't mean to offend you.
But you cannot possibly be completely aware of their privacy violations (while you did claim to value your privacy) and yet choose to buy there unless you are biased, deluded (for example ingoring consequences) or a pure masochist.

You claimed you are not oblivious (so you imply you know) in regards to EGS privacy violations.
Meanwhile you declined allegation of your post being sarcastic satire.

Your words in post 823 have contradicting statements.
You claim you KNOW about EGS violations of privacy.
But nobody non oblivious about it who seriously cares about privacy would shop there.
So that's why I asked if your post is a satire.
But you declined it.

So how should people see your post?
You made contradicting statements in post 823 which makes it look weird, like a satire (even more weird if you imply it is NOT satire) and that's all. I don't have anything against you personally.
MysterD: We need GOG, to make sure every piece of content for a single-player experience is DRM-FREE - base-games, DLC's, expansions, etc etc.
Exactly. We should also get a cat to make sure that nobody eats the mice.
MysterD: We need GOG, to make sure every piece of content for a single-player experience is DRM-FREE - base-games, DLC's, expansions, etc etc.
mrkgnao: Exactly. We should also get a cat to make sure that nobody eats the mice.
Then we should get a ninja bodyguard to make sure nobody (like some intrusive neighbour) kills the cat /s
B1tF1ghter: But you cannot possibly be completely aware of their privacy violations
...and these would be?
mrkgnao: Exactly. We should also get a cat to make sure that nobody eats the mice.
B1tF1ghter: Then we should get a ninja bodyguard to make sure nobody (like some intrusive neighbour) kills the cat /s
Don't ninjas like cats?
I've just read this in the BG forum:

https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_3_black_screen_as_soon_as_i_hit_play/post4

I can't confirm it because I haven't bought it.
Post edited October 09, 2020 by toma85
high rated
I've made the mistake (again) of think that GOG/CDP are different to the other stores, but they aren't. We are nothing more than a small number of customers trying to get their attention. The lack of sizable opposition to the deal with Epic just shows to general apathy to DRM-Free, whether a game has DRM or not most will just buy from one of the other stores.

I don't own any game on Steam, Uplay, Origin, EGS, etc. And yes I've missed out, and continue to miss out on a number of games that I would like to own. However I stick to my decision to buy DRM-Free games that doesn't require client to install / play.

I feel that I've been conned into believing the whole #FCKDRM and DRM-Free is important to them, when it clearly isn't. It was nothing more than a position from which to get noticed and get a foothold in the games market, now they have that foothold those DRM positions are blocks to making more money.

We are just customers, they aren't our friends, they aren't on our side, and they don't care. We are just customers.
MrZeno: I've made the mistake (again) of think that GOG/CDP are different to the other stores, but they aren't. We are nothing more than a small number of customers trying to get their attention. The lack of sizable opposition to the deal with Epic just shows to general apathy to DRM-Free, whether a game has DRM or not most will just buy from one of the other stores.

I don't own any game on Steam, Uplay, Origin, EGS, etc. And yes I've missed out, and continue to miss out on a number of games that I would like to own. However I stick to my decision to buy DRM-Free games that doesn't require client to install / play.

I feel that I've been conned into believing the whole #FCKDRM and DRM-Free is important to them, when it clearly isn't. It was nothing more than a position from which to get noticed and get a foothold in the games market, now they have that foothold those DRM positions are blocks to making more money.

We are just customers, they aren't our friends, they aren't on our side, and they don't care. We are just customers.
Did you lose access to your game installers from GOG?
Lifthrasil: Exactly. Business wise it makes only sense if EPIC offered them a considerable amount of money to use Galaxy as a channel to leech off some of the GOG crowd. Maybe it's a fist step in a takeover process. By this time, I don't rule out anything.

But yes, GOG made itself pointless. Anyone who wants pure DRM-free is forced to shop somewhere else. And anyone who is OK with DRM might as well shop directly at Epic or Steam. Why would I use GOG, when they drop the one remaining reason why I bought my games here?
Yeah, without monetization it wouldn't make much sense. We've had a big "VISA" logo on the website for the past few weeks, now basically Epic placing ads within Galaxy. My optimistic self hopes that improved finances help GOG to stay alive a while longer.

I'd just say: use GOG as long as it is still available. And frequently back-up the offline installers to avoid getting up one morning and find a "good news" post to tell you that the shop / account sections on the website has been reduced to a shell and you have to use that optional client. ;-P

When GOG is dead I will probably switch back to "Steam + crack", basically what I did before I found GOG to make them archiveable.
Post edited October 09, 2020 by ChrisSZ
Well, unfortunately this is not the case as you can see with the latest update of "No Man's Sky".
B1tF1ghter: Your words in post 823 have contradicting statements.
You claim you KNOW about EGS violations of privacy.
Where in post 823 is this stated? I'd rather say that he is not aware and that he asks you to tell him about it.
Post edited October 09, 2020 by MarkoH01