It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
paladin181: Great news... That means there's only around 1 million PC gamers who bought The Witcher 3 (1.4 million at absolute most) and yet they sold over 4 million copies. That means that the PC market is JUST as viable as the console market if we look at those numbers. We'll estimate 1.2 million here, that leaves 3.8 to split between Sony and Microsoft. (1.9 million each if it's dead equal, 1.8 each if PC got the 1.4) meaning that the PC market is not nearly so insignificant as the console fanboys would like to believe. This is great news for us, especially those who patronize GoG because in this case, GoG got the lion's share. Meaning AAA releases can be successful if released on GoG as long as they're good quality games, people WILL buy them. I'm sure the game has been pirated many MANY times, but then, those people weren't ever going to buy it anyway.
Unfortunately so many large companies get caught up that piracy is lost sales and that DRM free encourages piracy, and that 4 million copies of a game is market failure these days (look at Tomb Raider) so... oh well. Maybe sooner or later they'll realize DRM only hurts the paying fanbase.
SirPrimalform: Uhh... 1.2+3.8 is 5. Aren't we working with 4 million?
So math isn't my strongest suit. :P Sue me.
SirPrimalform: Uhh... 1.2+3.8 is 5. Aren't we working with 4 million?
paladin181: So math isn't my strongest suit. :P Sue me.
That's not my point. My point is that you were overestimating the console numbers, it's more like 2.8 between the consoles.
SirPrimalform: That's not my point. My point is that you were overestimating the console numbers, it's more like 2.8 between the consoles.
That's the lowest possible, which also makes my point a little better.
Coming from the Steam Platform I bought the latest Gforce graphics card that had a promo deal to witcher3 through that promotion I was guided to GOG to download the game and from there I have to say I have been very pleased in how this was configured for download and installation Witcher3 is one of the best games I have ever played coming from 3 years of playing Skyrim the roleplay options and storylines are champion over any I've played.
Great work CD PROJEKT RED and GOG congratulations your partnership wishing you both all the best.
GOG.com: One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
SirPrimalform: That's not my point. My point is that you were overestimating the console numbers, it's more like 2.8 between the consoles.
paladin181: That's the lowest possible, which also makes my point a little better.
Exactly my point! :)
high rated
qba1500: If CD Projekt Red thinks highly of GOG, then I feel the same way. Probably the only last truly PC Gaming developer that actually CARES about the community. I wish the partnership well and good luck, hope you give Steam a run for their money!!!
Of course CD Projekt Red thinks highly of GOG, their parent company CD Projekt owns both of them. :P
Post edited June 18, 2015 by BKGaming
Congratulations to CD Project!

With these good news I have a tiny little hope that maybe other game developers will see the success of treating gamers decently and not confusing them with crooks and pirates and perhaps support the DRM-free revolution by making more AAA titles available on GOG...
only because most of the gog copies came for free with a graphics card purchase
Well, for me I am not going back to Steam...

A truly DRM Free is all that matters... Keep up the good work!

But you guys could improve the Friends System...
Post edited June 23, 2015 by sporic
Cool news! I honestly haven't used GOG Galaxy much. but I am sure I will more in the future.

After the Skyrim mod fiasco, I was more than happy to begin adding (again) to my GOG library starting with buying Witcher 3 here and not on Steam.
Now if we could only get pausing of downloads. Then GOG Galaxy would be even better
Is there any incentive for me to get Galaxy if I never play multiplayer games? The old GOG Downloader still serves me fine.
Charon121: Is there any incentive for me to get Galaxy if I never play multiplayer games? The old GOG Downloader still serves me fine.
That depends, do you like achievements? Do you want to access all your games in one location quickly? Do you want auto update so you don't have to manually check?

If so then yes there is an incentive to use it without MP.
BKGaming: That depends, do you like achievements? Do you want to access all your games in one location quickly? Do you want auto update so you don't have to manually check?

Achievements are just going to trigger my gaming OCD, so I'd better not install it. :)
BKGaming: That depends, do you like achievements? Do you want to access all your games in one location quickly? Do you want auto update so you don't have to manually check?

Charon121: Achievements are just going to trigger my gaming OCD, so I'd better not install it. :)
You will be able to soon disable them if you want.

Check out all of the features at:
http://www.gog.com/galaxy
Post edited June 23, 2015 by BKGaming