It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
sammoe: Such short memories some people when Steam was in it's infancy Valve launched Half Life 2 their servers were not ready for the number of users and people all around the world could not even start the game for days.
I couldn't agree more.

If you compare the state of GOG Galaxy at TW3's release to the state of Steam at HL2's release, I think GOG comes out looking fairly radiant by comparison!

Steam was the proverbial Steaming Pile when HL2 was released -- the inadequacy of the servers vs the demand was only one of many many problems. It really was awful. In some ways it's still awful IMO, but however you feel about it, it's taken Valve a very very long time to get it to its current state.

Unquestionably it would have been great if Galaxy was already a highly-polished system for the launch of TW3. That it's not there yet is a shame for them and us, but it's also not exactly surprising for a new product of this complexity. GOG's goals for Galaxy are admirable, and they have proven their dedication to DRM-free gamer-friendly systems. I have faith that Galaxy will get there in time; and just like GOG itself when it launched with a limited catalogue and an unknown future, Galaxy deserves our support for its principles even more than for its current functionality.

As for GOG tooting their own horn... Let's face it, the competition don't get too many opportunities to thumb their noses at Steam, so it would be kinda daft to pass it up. Toot away, I say!
Post edited June 16, 2015 by Shadowcat
mercurial_880: That's weird, i have 12 Gigs of RAM a GTX 760, my W3 has not even crashed once, in fact i always have my browser opened in the background. I have not encountered any issues with either the client or the game. Did you try updating your Nvidia Drivers?

Congratulation on a great game and a good client. It still not perfect but it's getting there. :D

Keep up the good work!!
lonewolfgk: Hi mercurial_880, thanks for the reply, yes i am on latest nvidia drivers (353.06), i always make it a point to check every 2 weeks for drivers to keep my system up to date. I do not really like the NVIDIA experience (it is installed). Also i have read that the NVIDIA experience program can sometimes be problem in games, so i have tried with NVIDIA experience and without it (i uninstalled it) and still the same problem on v1.05. Did not have problems on v1.03 and v1.04. But like i said i downloaded v1.06 and will give it a try today and see if i have problems with the new patch. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Forgot to mention i run the GOG version, not steam and also i do not have galaxy on my machine, so no clients running in background. Also for info, i removed my antivirus like 3 months ago for another reason due to networking issue (was not the antivirus fault but was lazy to reinstall it, lol) so i have no antivirus on the gaming rig at the moment and cannot be the cause for that as well (just in case anybody thought of antivirus causing problems, lol). All other games like GTA V, Assassins Creed Unity and Rogue, even Dragon Age Inquisition runs fine without crashes. All my drivers up to date, full DirextX installed, vcc ++ drivers, motherboard drivers etc. Just the witcher 3 and only after v1.05 patch. Will try the v1.06 today.
Just more info, sometimes i can play witcher 3 for hours (like 5 hours) no problem and then other times it crashes continuesly like every 15-30min and especially when cutscenes come up (cutscenes was fine in v1.03 and v1.04).
Hmmmmm, i tried it with the minimum recommended memory, played with 6GB RAM and still didn't have any issues. I tried with the client and without the client (GOG Client). I personally found it running better then DA:I (maybe it's because of the DRM that it was not as smooth as W3).

So it's kind of random and just pops up? That is weird :|. Did you install it via client or installed by downloading the files of the GOG Website?

Hope things work out for you with the new patch!
lonewolfgk: Hi rjb3353, I have 16GB of Gaming ram (Corsair Dominator GT) and also have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card. Why i am saying this is because i still have tons of crashes. I see v1.06 came out and will test with this patch but doubt it will work since the things they fixed is not this random crashes. Thanks for you reply but i have more than enough ram and also my gaming rig does not have any other programs running. This is just my gaming rig. I have 10 other pcs i use to do other stuff on.
mercurial_880: That's weird, i have 12 Gigs of RAM a GTX 760, my W3 has not even crashed once, in fact i always have my browser opened in the background. I have not encountered any issues with either the client or the game. Did you try updating your Nvidia Drivers?

Congratulation on a great game and a good client. It still not perfect but it's getting there. :D

Keep up the good work!!
Hi guess my post was not that clear, I only experienced crashes when I had taken out 6GB of the ram to test an loder MB. When I realized that I had forgotten to put it back in I did so and since running with 12BG I have not had any crashing issues. Early on I tried doing an old fashioned install by just downloading the files, but I could never get it to even launch. I then deleated everything and installed Galaxy and let it instal Witcher and then everything worked fine. The only thing I can think of is perhaps one of the updates did not install correctly, have you tried deleting Witcher 3 and having it reinstalled? Since I have had all of my memory back in my PC I have not had any crhasing issues at all, well I take that back I did have some idiot program still running in the back ground and it decided that it wanted to do an update and when Witcher was minimalized I could not get it to run corrrectly so I killed the process and restarted it.
Post edited June 16, 2015 by rjb3353
If CD Projekt Red thinks highly of GOG, then I feel the same way. Probably the only last truly PC Gaming developer that actually CARES about the community. I wish the partnership well and good luck, hope you give Steam a run for their money!!!

Keep up the good work!!
rjb3353: Hi guess my post was not that clear, I only experienced crashes when I had taken out 6GB of the ram to test an loder MB. When I realized that I had forgotten to put it back in I did so and since running with 12BG I have not had any crashing issues. Early on I tried doing an old fashioned install by just downloading the files, but I could never get it to even launch. I then deleated everything and installed Galaxy and let it instal Witcher and then everything worked fine. The only thing I can think of is perhaps one of the updates did not install correctly, have you tried deleting Witcher 3 and having it reinstalled? Since I have had all of my memory back in my PC I have not had any crhasing issues at all, well I take that back I did have some idiot program still running in the back ground and it decided that it wanted to do an update and when Witcher was minimalized I could not get it to run corrrectly so I killed the process and restarted it.
No i got you, i was about to recommend the same thing. The thing is though, this game runs quite well on 6GB of RAM as well, the only thing i noticed is your multi tasking won't be that pleasant.

I installed the game from the download from the website, didn't encounter an issue, if you did the same and still having some issue, you should try what @rjb3353 mentioned.

Edit 1: I initially played with just 6 GB (4 + 2) of RAM and installed it via the downloaded files from the website. I then added a new stick after 2 weeks of gaming to 12GB (8 + 4). I didn't notice much difference except a more smoother overall experience and better multi tasking.
Post edited June 17, 2015 by mercurial_880
I am very much satisfied with GOG Galaxy. It's the best of both worlds: a place, where I can automatically update my games and have them all in one place, but no DRM!

Also, Witcher 3 is soooo much fun!

Thank you GOG and CD Projekt :)
Pax11: I may be a bit late to the party here, as you commented three days ago. However, you seem to misunderstand something, and as no one else has corrected it, I guess I will.

CD Projekt Red developed the Witcher games. GOG is an online games store. Both are wholly owned subsidiaries of CD Projekt. They do not, however, share programmers, and I have no idea whether they share a single employee below the level of major principle, such as a company president or CEO. This means that even if they ignored the Galaxy client and sales for GOG for the next three years, it would have no effect on the progress of patching The Witcher 3. The two subsidiaries simply don't share resources.

You can post all day here about the bugs in different versions of The Witcher 3, but you aren't talking to game devs. You are addressing online store devs and employees, who have no role in patching the game.

Johnson and Johnson owns both Janssen Pharmaceuticals and McNeil Pharmaceuticals, but it won't help to go to the Janssen website to ask them to do something about a McNeil drug.
rjb3353: Hi PaX11,
Not sure what your system specs are however heres what happened to me when I first began playing Witcher3. I have an older sytem built back in the early spring of 2009, my current specs are as follows, MSI Big Bang X58 MB, i7 970 CPU, 12GB of DDR3ram, and a Geforce GTX 970 GPU. However when I first started playing Witcher I had forgotten that I had pulled 6GB of my system ram (the minimum specs for Witcher 3 is 6GB) to test my first X58 EVGA MB to see if I wanted to build up another system with my old 920 CPU (I had bought the MSI board and the 970 used off of Ebay a couple of years ago) Well I had the bare minimum of system ram but was used to having all sorts of things open and running, like my web browser etc. I too at first thought that Witcer 3 was broken because I was experiencing frequent crashes to the desktop. As I began trying to figure out what was going on it dawned on me that I was not operating with 12GB of ram but only 6 so I shut down my system and put the other 6GBs back in and since doing that I have not had any crashes to the desktop. I am certain that there were times when the game was making memory calls that were more demanding and since it was not available the game crashed. Not sure if this may be of any help but all I know was that now with my 12GB of ram the game runs smoothly and I have the settings cranked up to ultra settings with the Nvidia hair turned on and my system is able to run the game at 48FPS, if I use the settings that GeForce experience recommends there are a couple of things at high settings and the Nvidia hair setting is turned off and I get 60FPS. If you have a system that is closer to the minimum specs then make sure that you do not have any other programs running when playing Witcher 3.
I'm not terribly sure why you replied to me with this info, as I was simply commenting on the fact that work on Galaxy and the GOG site in no way takes away from work on patching TW3. The two have different staff. I don't even own TW3, yet. I hope your information ends up being helpful to you and others, as you put so much time into typing it all out.

Pax
KEEP ROCKING GOG!

cant wait for you to attach to ATI AMD GAMING EVOLVED that would rock!

but just keep doing what ur doing and valve has a run for its flipping money whoop whoop!

ty ty ty ty !!
Cavenagh: people who download pirated GOG version of TW3, all they have to do is register with gog.com, download galaxy, and import thier pirated game into it.
Apologies if you didn't write this, but I can't work out where you're quoting from and it looks kind of like you put your reply inside the quote for some reason.

Either way, that statement is false. You can't import a game into Galaxy if you don't have it on your GOG account. The option to import the game requires you to find it in your library and click "import folder".
Pheace: Certainly wasn't the case when I installed Omerta Gold edition with Galaxy yesterday. Had to go to More -> Backup/extra's to find the 'Japanese Incentive' DLC and download install it manually. Luckily it was a DLC I knew I was missing when I started the game or I could've been halfway already before realizing it.
Appears that GOG hasn't implemented it for all games yet - but it is as DCT described, at least for some games in my experience but I can't remember which.
Post edited June 17, 2015 by SirPrimalform
paladin181: Great news... That means there's only around 1 million PC gamers who bought The Witcher 3 (1.4 million at absolute most) and yet they sold over 4 million copies. That means that the PC market is JUST as viable as the console market if we look at those numbers. We'll estimate 1.2 million here, that leaves 3.8 to split between Sony and Microsoft. (1.9 million each if it's dead equal, 1.8 each if PC got the 1.4) meaning that the PC market is not nearly so insignificant as the console fanboys would like to believe. This is great news for us, especially those who patronize GoG because in this case, GoG got the lion's share. Meaning AAA releases can be successful if released on GoG as long as they're good quality games, people WILL buy them. I'm sure the game has been pirated many MANY times, but then, those people weren't ever going to buy it anyway.
Unfortunately so many large companies get caught up that piracy is lost sales and that DRM free encourages piracy, and that 4 million copies of a game is market failure these days (look at Tomb Raider) so... oh well. Maybe sooner or later they'll realize DRM only hurts the paying fanbase.
Uhh... 1.2+3.8 is 5. Aren't we working with 4 million?
Cavenagh: people who download pirated GOG version of TW3, all they have to do is register with gog.com, download galaxy, and import thier pirated game into it.
SirPrimalform: Apologies if you didn't write this, but I can't work out where you're quoting from and it looks kind of like you put your reply inside the quote for some reason.

Either way, that statement is false. You can't import a game into Galaxy if you don't have it on your GOG account. The option to import the game requires you to find it in your library and click "import folder".
Pheace: Certainly wasn't the case when I installed Omerta Gold edition with Galaxy yesterday. Had to go to More -> Backup/extra's to find the 'Japanese Incentive' DLC and download install it manually. Luckily it was a DLC I knew I was missing when I started the game or I could've been halfway already before realizing it.
SirPrimalform: Appears that GOG hasn't implemented it for all games yet - but it is as DCT described, at least for some games in my experience but I can't remember which.
I had a few drinks that nifght, thanks for putting me stright on the matter.

all the best

PS How do you 'snip' posts, when I remove my comments from a replay, it won't post, please help an old man out, it's a pain having to re post everything
Post edited June 18, 2015 by Cavenagh
mercurial_880: Edit 1: I initially played with just 6 GB (4 + 2) of RAM and installed it via the downloaded files from the website. I then added a new stick after 2 weeks of gaming to 12GB (8 + 4). I didn't notice much difference except a more smoother overall experience and better multi tasking.
I had alot of crashes till I discovered that one of my ram sticks is faulty, had been for 3 years, but other less demanding games only crashed like once a week. Outside of demanding 3d games nothing ever crashed.Memtest never showed anything, only found out when I tried the modules seperately, the faulty one did not boot at all.
So since I took it out I have been playing with 4GB for 2 weeks now, not a single crash, and no noticeable performance difference.
Cavenagh: I had a few drinks that nifght, thanks for putting me stright on the matter.

all the best

PS How do you 'snip' posts, when I remove my comments from a replay, it won't post, please help an old man out, it's a pain having to re post a wall of text.
So what you need to do is remove your quote and the {quote_xx} immediately before and the {/quote} immediately after and leave the outside quote tags (because they're the ones for the post you're replying to). I did that while making this post. If it won't let you post then the formatting is broken somehow (usually mismatched number of quote opening and quote closing tags). Hope that helps.
SirPrimalform: So what you need to do is remove your quote and the {quote_xx} immediately before and the {/quote} immediately after and leave the outside quote tags (because they're the ones for the post you're replying to). I did that while making this post. If it won't let you post then the formatting is broken somehow (usually mismatched number of quote opening and quote closing tags). Hope that helps.
Fingers crossed

SirPrimalform: So what you need to do is
Thanks for taking the time to explain SirPrimalform, that makes life easier.

all the best +1
Post edited June 18, 2015 by Cavenagh
Congratulations!
Good news for our community. :)