It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One could say that GOG Galaxy is a simply stellar platform.

These past couple of days have been full of good news here at the office! First, our partners in crime CD PROJEKT RED told the world that 4 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been sold. Now we’re here to announce that in the first two weeks almost 700 thousand gamers worldwide have gone with GOG Galaxy as their monster-huntin’ platform - more than all other PC options combined!

Headcount: Over 693,000 gamers worldwide
Volume: Over 21.5 petabytes of game and bonus content
Achievements: 3.5 million unlocked
Combined game time: 1,770 years (that’s 646,479 full 24-hour days)

See the video below for more stats about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com!

<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jealous you’re not part of the stats? Join the GOG Galaxy open beta and help us raise those numbers!
lonewolfgk: And i do NOT AGREE with you, i have had crashes and crashes with v1.01, not ONE CRASH after v1.03 and not ONE CRASH after v1.04 BUT 27 crashes so far in v1.05 and not even talking about all the NEW bugs introduced in the patch. Its funny how there are so many others saying in the GOG forums under the witcher 3 about how they have loads of crashes also now after v1.05. You have no idea what your talking about and you just wanted to troll me, thats all.
Are you sure you are not suffering from bugs or glitches with your drivers, OS, or hardware?

In my case there's not been a single crash, performance issue, glitch with any version of tw3 (and i play it alot atm).
The same with galaxy, works without problems, and with achievements too.
(the only problem i had was that galaxy failed to import Lichdom battlemage).
lonewolfgk: And i do NOT AGREE with you, i have had crashes and crashes with v1.01, not ONE CRASH after v1.03 and not ONE CRASH after v1.04 BUT 27 crashes so far in v1.05 and not even talking about all the NEW bugs introduced in the patch. Its funny how there are so many others saying in the GOG forums under the witcher 3 about how they have loads of crashes also now after v1.05. You have no idea what your talking about and you just wanted to troll me, thats all.
cal74: Just one note, GOG team is not the same one than CD Projekt Red so Galaxy development has no impact on The Witcher one. They are part of the same mother company but are two entirely separated entities.

This means that I really don't see your point here. So, either you have no idea of what you're talking about then please inform yourself before posting angry message on a forum or, second possibility, the troll is maybe not the person who answered you (and in this case, beware of Geralt ;) ).
LOL, nice answer... but I can see him calling you troll as well because users who disagree with him = trolls. He just use the word without knowing what it means.
How many galaxy users would you have, if the buyer of TW3 had to put their CD key into galaxy to activate the game!

I thought galaxy was for us gog members to play online together like Avp [great fun]. I'm not intrested in a steam clone or steam for that matter, achievements don't put a meal on the table.
Post edited June 13, 2015 by Cavenagh
Cavenagh: How many galaxy users would you have, if the buyer of TW3 had to put their CD key into galaxy to activate the game!
What?

Cavenagh: I thought galaxy was for us gog members to play online together like Avp [great fun]. I'm not intrested in a steam clone or steam for that matter, achievements don't put a meal on the table.
You will be able to turn them off soon, so then do that... Galaxy is a full featured client in everything that entails. It's not about what you want, it about what we all want and some of us want achievements.
Cavenagh: How many galaxy users would you have, if the buyer of TW3 had to put their CD key into galaxy to activate the game!
BKGaming: What?

people who download pirated GOG version of TW3, all they have to do is register with gog.com, download galaxy, and import thier pirated game into it.

Cavenagh: I thought galaxy was for us gog members to play online together like Avp [great fun]. I'm not intrested in a steam clone or steam for that matter, achievements don't put a meal on the table.
BKGaming: You will be able to turn them off soon, so then do that... Galaxy is a full featured client in everything that entails. It's not about what you want, it about what we all want and some of us want achievements.
When the client was first introduced, it was stated as a way for us gogers to play multi player. but now I see CDPR have floated on the stock market.....I have a bad feeling that EA or Activision are stock holders.
Post edited June 13, 2015 by Cavenagh
those stats dont include people like me who only use the gog client to update

my client playtime says 4.5 hours but really its well over 140 hours
Awesome news! Congratz GoG and CDP!! ^^
BKGaming: What?

people who download pirated GOG version of TW3, all they have to do is register with gog.com, download galaxy, and import thier pirated game into it.

You will be able to turn them off soon, so then do that... Galaxy is a full featured client in everything that entails. It's not about what you want, it about what we all want and some of us want achievements.
Cavenagh: When the client was first introduced, it was stated as a way for us gogers to play multi player. but now I see CDPR have floated on the stock market.....I have a bad feeling that EA or Activision are stock holders.
What? Galaxy was not introduced soley as a way for us to play multiplayer. It was always meant to be a optional client, they originally announced it as such. I think your confusing when they started testing the multiplayer functionality of Galaxy.api which is GOG's answer to Steamworks which they said will have the same core features as Steamworks online match making, achivements, ect. just minus any form of optional DRM since if a game uses Steamworks devs can enable Valve's CEG DRM.

But Galaxy was and always was intended to be a client, again a optional client unless you want to play online multiplayer games that make use of Galaxy.api. but that is no diffrent then when we used to have to use stuff like Gamespy back in the day,,
Well good luck to what you want, I hope you have happy times with the client.
Solei: Are you sure you are not suffering from bugs or glitches with your drivers, OS, or hardware?

In my case there's not been a single crash, performance issue, glitch with any version of tw3 (and i play it alot atm).
The same with galaxy, works without problems, and with achievements too.
(the only problem i had was that galaxy failed to import Lichdom battlemage).
I have seen some bugs, but I'll wait for a fix and not start to post angry comments. For example, I will put a couple of them:

https://youtu.be/djVGsY1juTU -> First one.

Picture attached -> Second one. Everything I kill in An Skellig dies in a very odd way(but they drop stuff when die normally). That includes humans too. But the troll just died normally.
Attachments:
HunterZ: I've been running Linux (Ubuntu Mate 15.04 64-bit) on my laptop for the past couple weeks instead of Windows 7. How's the Linux version of the Galaxy client coming along?
Magnitus: Pretty much this, haven't rebooted in Windows for some time which gives anything Linux compatible default priority to play.

Couple of games I really want to play that are not Linux compatible though so when I get around to playing them, I guess I'll see for myself what the fuss about Galaxy is about.
What really confuses me is why all of the DOS games on GOG aren't available on all 3 OSes (Windows, Mac, Linux) since DOSBox ports exist for all of them, and since GOG has already figured out how to produce versions of some DOSBox-bundled games for all 3 OSes. I wonder if it's just laziness on the publishers' part, as GOG probably wants an up-front fee to produce the installers.
Congrats! But this temporary success might become a long term failure if you didn't win over those users to Galaxy in all of its buggy, incomplete, inconvenient glory. That's part of the problem of releasing it too early just to get your partners game out of the gate sooner. Not to mention that you forced everyone to become a beta tester and use a broken product.

That's why I think it's a bit too soon to cheer. You're only looking at the short term numbers without any concern for the details like how many were NVIDIA codes rather than intentional GOG preorders, how many people had problems and gave up on GOG with your limited support and non-working weekends, etc.

I'm sure it does still translate to some final smaller positive number but lets call it what it is - riding on the graphics card wave. I wouldn't bother with this if you (GOG/CDPR) didn't keep on pretending that everything Witcher 3 has been a success after you stopped listening to your users and did your own crap, then randomly pop on every so often to throw it in our faces before you jump back into hiding/silence mode.

If you want to see Galaxy grow then you need to stop doing the "just use it, share it, and stfu" spiel on us. Because if you can't fix a problem a month after being made aware of it then you need to hire some real staff that knows what they're doing and stop using these amateurs just for some feigned company loyalty/security policy.
HunterZ: What really confuses me is why all of the DOS games on GOG aren't available on all 3 OSes (Windows, Mac, Linux) since DOSBox ports exist for all of them, and since GOG has already figured out how to produce versions of some DOSBox-bundled games for all 3 OSes. I wonder if it's just laziness on the publishers' part, as GOG probably wants an up-front fee to produce the installers.
I ported X-Com that was already on the Dos-box for Windows (only needed sound tweaks in the Dosbox configuration file and some third party sound library) some time back in like an hour so yeah, technically difficulty is probably not the bottleneck.

I guess you can only get companies to bend over so much for an OS that has 2% of usage share (probably more on GOG, but once you include the entire market, I'd say 2% and I doubt they'd bother with a Linux port just for GOG).

It's up to people to use Linux (because it is free-er both ways) more though I get it:

1) They all grew up using Windows and most people are not computer people: They don't want to re-learn what they already know with a new OS. Technically, they should have to fork 100$-200$ every couple of years for Windows (which is still better than learning something new for most), but the cost is concealed by the that fact that most computers sold come bundled with Windows.

2) iTunes, most games, Netflix until recently (now runs directly in Chrome) and a bunch of other higher profile proprietary software won't run on Linux. Part of it is the low adoption, but I think it is also the fact that they don't want their DRM running on an open-source OS that won't be able to provide strong guarantees for DRM below userland (yeah, technically, people will crack Windows for that too if needed, they are just fewer in numbers).
Post edited June 13, 2015 by Magnitus
Galaxy has worked fine for me so far, at least as a provider of Witcher 3 automatic updates. Finally!

It's still light-years (get it?) behind Steam though, with dumb stuff such as having to install DLC one at a time and no option to install them by default.

So, definitely a step in the right direction, but not enough to make me abandon Steam as my platform of choice for new games, despite the lure of DRM-free.
Post edited June 13, 2015 by WereSquirrel
WereSquirrel: Galaxy has worked fine for me so far, at least as a provider of Witcher 3 automatic updates. Finally!

It's still light-years (get it?) behind Steam though, with dumb stuff such as having to install DLC one at a time and no option to install them by default.

So, definitely a step in the right direction, but not enough to make me abandon Steam as my platform of choice for new games, despite the lure of DRM-free.
To be fair, Steam has been around for ten years and GOG Galaxy is just a baby at the moment.

As of abandoning Steam for games selection... it's still far from it. I don't think there will be a competition for Steam for library size, though.