It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GamezRanker: So then besides PMs, care to opine where you think it would be appropriate to talk about said topics?
HAHAHAHA as if you are prepared to discuss anything with people who might disagree with you.

You blocked me yesterday in PMs after I proposed to bury the hatchet and asked why have you been talking crap about me behind my back and telling people not to even talk to me.

So, please, stop pretending you're even open to discussion with people.
low rated
Shadowstalker16: Would you be supportive of ''pride'' events for other aspects of identity? Like race, ethnicity or religion for example?
Let’s play a game of “Spot the categorical error.”

As some don’t seem to get it: one of the three is not like the other two.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by 4-vektor
low rated
SmollestLight: While I do appreciate that most of you are being civil, the discussion has gone into a very heated direction and topic, which isn't appropriate for this forum.

You are welcome to discuss the games in it! But please bring this to a close or move it to Private Messages. Should it return to the previous topics, I am unfortunately forced to lock this thread :(
Do you not see what's wrong with this approach to moderation? If you lock threads instead of just banning people who break rules, you give the rule breakers power. Anyone who doesn't like a thread (such as the anti-LGBT people in this one) can deliberately cause trouble to get it locked while they get away with little or no consequences.

If you ever want this forum to actually be good, stop locking threads and start banning (temporarily or not) people who break the rules. If that turns out to be a huge purge because there are a ton of bad actors loose in your forum, so be it. That would only show how overdue the bans are.
low rated
Arundir: Letter warriors will have a rude awakening in +/- 10 years, especially the L, G and B. When they realize it was not about them at all, but getting rid of the concept of gender as a whole.
How concept of "genderless humans" will help them conquer the World?
Subtle form of birth control on planet?
low rated
Arundir: Letter warriors will have a rude awakening in +/- 10 years, especially the L, G and B. When they realize it was not about them at all, but getting rid of the concept of gender as a whole.
vsr: How concept of "genderless humans" will help them conquer the World?
The idea is to get rid of the values that are the foundation of the western society, now deemed obsolete, to destroy the cultural identities of individual and nations to render the vast majority faceless consumers.

This LGBT is a simply a way of creating strife in the society while more serious matters, that would require attention, are ignored by the public that is focusing in fighting each other on non-issues.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by OldOldGamer
low rated
TheEndedSkull: If you ever want this forum to actually be good, stop locking threads and start banning (temporarily or not) people who break the rules.
I'd assume they are hesitant to ban customers as it might impact sales and brand loyalty. IMO if we're rolling with the "no politics" goal then just ban all political discussion and post news like this with comments disabled like many news sites do now.
low rated
StingingVelvet: I'd assume they are hesitant to ban customers as it might impact sales and brand loyalty. IMO if we're rolling with the "no politics" goal then just ban all political discussion and post news like this with comments disabled like many news sites do now.
If GOG is truly "rolling with" that goal, then they shouldn't make such events/sales/giveaways/etc in the first place.

As for the discussion....as the saying goes: everything is political

So then ban all discussion and close the forums entirely, then?
Post edited June 05, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
OldOldGamer: The idea is to get rid of the values that are the foundation of the western society, now deemed obsolete, to destroy the cultural identities of individual and nations to render the vast majority faceless consumers.

This LGBT is a simply a way of creating strife in the society while more serious matters, that would require attention, are ignored by the public that is focusing in fighting each other on non-issues.
So, basically it's for control and brainwashing.
To be 100% sure that people like Trump will never come to power.
low rated
My last comment on this because mods want to wrap it up.

I invite those who reasonably disagree with me to consider this idea. If we didn't have this discourse 50, 100 years, or even centuries ago, then why are their issues not resolved yet? For example, the bullying, assaults, familial disownment, high suicide rates, etc. And people erroneously conflating the community with > 3 simultaneous sexual identities, pedophilia, and actively converting children based on misinformation and thinking personal opinion is fact. This is a result of the "let's not talk about it" approach despite how noble your intentions are - it's failing to produce the results they want.

If we have these discussions (uncomfortable as they are), society can learn about issues, discuss possible solutions, and implement them. If they're asking for more rights than a normal citizen, then of course feel free to take them down. But that isn't the case here as they are disproportionately unequal compared to the rest of us (see previous paper). Ignoring these topics only delays addressing these issues later down the road. When will that be? I reiterate - if everyone gave them the same respect as everyone else, you can make their lives better with very little effort. Then we won't ever have to hear about this month again and society can focus their efforts on other pressing issues.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated
GamezRanker: If GOG is truly "rolling with" that goal, then they shouldn't make such events/sales/giveaways/etc in the first place.
Meant GOG forum, not GOG. Moderators have told me in PM that the goal is no politics, but the site is gonna run events like this or sell games that are political, so only option there is to close comments on those stories.

Also I don't really think pride month should be "political" in the West in 2021, but I guess that's optimism on my part,
low rated
Canuck_Cat: I reiterate - if everyone gave them the same respect as everyone else, you can make their lives better with very little effort.
Most LGBT in many first world countries imo already have good enough lives. Yeah, they're not perfect, but what in life is?

I feel that people(all people) need to learn to accept that at some point & live their lives, and not constantly push for a utopian dream that is likely(for the foreseeable future, that is) all but impossible.
(i.e. people should try to improve their life & that of others, while also being grateful for/learning to live with what they have in life)

That said, I am also more or less done with this......so if you want to chat further, my PM box is open.

-

StingingVelvet: Also I don't really think pride month should be "political" in the West in 2021, but I guess that's optimism on my part,
As I said, everything is political......i.e. there will always be more than one side to nearly anything.....pride/history months, gog events/sales, etc.

Sidenote: I am more or less okay with/supportive of LGBT being prideful....I mainly dislike companies like GOG and others using/capitalizing on said pride to "sell product and get consumers eager to buy new product".
Post edited June 05, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
OldOldGamer: The idea is to get rid of the values that are the foundation of the western society, now deemed obsolete, to destroy the cultural identities of individual and nations to render the vast majority faceless consumers.

vsr: So, basically it's for control and brainwashing.
To be 100% sure that people like Trump will never come to power.
I think I quote a paragraph from the article of Jennifer Bilek, "The Gender Identity Industry, Transhumanism and Posthumanism", better words than I can ever find to describe the topic and why I think the LGB movement has been hijacked by corporations/NGOs to further their agendas:

"Martine Rothblatt, a transsexual-transhumanist planted the seeds to foster a legal construct of disembodiment as identity, forged out of his paraphilia of owning female biology for himself, in the 1980’s. The advancement of his ideology that seeks to deconstruct sexual dimorphism in effort to cultivate the social and legal groundwork for melding humanity to AI, is too big a leap for many people to make. "Gender Identity" is a bridge to get you there. Transhumanism sounds like some sort of futuristic, dystopian sci-fi novel that could never actually materialize. Yet what people don’t see is what Martine Rothblatt and the other elite corporatists colonizing human sex for profit do see - the advancements in technology and a totalitarian market that are rapidly moving us toward this melding. Most people do not see the technological advancements for governing the reproductive capacities of women or the colonization process underway toward that end. They do not see the correlations between transgenderism and transhumanism, which are vast and overlap, but are largely playing out in the different categories of human rights and scientific developments. Those different categories are only superficial, a political mask for social engineering purposes."

I also think that both of you are right.
Post edited June 06, 2021 by Arundir
low rated
GamezRanker: Sidenote: I am more or less okay with/supportive of LGBT being prideful....I mainly dislike companies like GOG and others using/capitalizing on said pride to "sell product and get consumers eager to buy new product".
Fair enough point, it's definitely just marketing in a lot of cases.
low rated
divide et impera.
you want details, i suggest listening to Yuri Bezmenov
low rated
Canuck_Cat: EDIT: also look up Taiwan. 35% buddhist population (almost the same as Taoism), legalized same-sex marriage in 2019.
dtgreene: 2019 is rather late, though.

In the US, it was legalized nationwide in 2015 IIRC, and I feel even that's rather late, considering the number of countries (and individual US states, for that matter) that had already legalized it at this point.

(In the US, it used to be that you could get gay married in some states but not others; the marriage would be recognized in the state you were married, but not federally (meaning you would be considered married for state taxes but single for federal taxes) thanks to a law named the "Defense of Marriage Act", which was eventually ruled unconstitutional a few years (IIRC) before the ruling on same sex marriage.)

morolf: imo that argument doesn't work when you're talking about teenagers who may be mentally unstable and easily impressionable. There already have been cases of people who later deeply regretted their "transition" and in retrospect thought such an irreversible decision was made too easy, without exploration of less radical alternatives. And as you yourself admit, there's the question of the self-interested profit motive of the medical professionals doing such surgeries.
And "respect we ask for ourselves"...gimme a break, people with views like mine don't get any respect from the establishment in Western countries. The shoe has been on the other foot for quite some time now.
dtgreene: Except that the treatment given to transgender children doesn't involve anything permanent.
* Changes to one's presentation, or one's name/pronouns, are not lasting.
* Hormone blockers are easily reversible; if the child changes their mind, just take them off blockers and they'll go through puberty normally.
* Opposite-sex hormones are not usually prescribed to children.
* Gender affirming surgeries are not given to children, either. (The one case of genital surgery performed on youth, genital mutilation of intersex babies, is not one that I would consider "affirming", and is something that actually should be outlawed.)
you really should read about those hormone blockers. you will get a rude awakening.
children do not stay young. they get older. at that point reversing is not as easy reversible as you think.
humans are not born fully developed. stopping development while the person has not yet reached adulthood means that the adult will be less developed in some ways.

gender changing surgery is actually something that was performed on children. "afirming" surgery is just a carrot so that you don't look at the reality

children want many things. they have alot to learn about reality. they have to mature before understanding many, many things.
no sane adult would accept that their child wants to eat sweets all day and give that kid only sweets. why would you think that it is a good idea to give life altering hormone blockers to the same child?

you seem to think that all those children and adults involved in everything that you listed will take the best decisions possible and there is no risk.
people make mistakes. children even more probable, because they lack knowledge. that is why you don't leave unsupervised children with matches.

humans as species continue to exist only because we reproduce. messing with something that basic is very very dangerous.
it strips the ability to reproduce for the children involved, it scars them when they realize at some level that they are unable to reproduce, it forcefully removes them from the majority. phisicly and mentally.

those kids are set up for some great disappointments.

you want to get sugery? fine. live in the real world for a year, work on a job for your rent, food, bills and everything else, then you have understood enough about real life and consequences and you can read about the risks of the surgery.
when you have done this, i can consider you (i am talking obviously to the kid that would want anything from the list that you wrote) mature enough to consider the short and more important LONG term implications of each of the things on that list.