It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
morolf: It's just a very strange treatment imo for an affliction that must be mostly mental in origin.
I fully agree with this and I think it sucks people think it's automatically hateful to say so. I'm not Trans so I can't fully appreciate what it feels like but I try and understand how people feel by thinking of an experience where I might have had that emotion.
A feeling of being out of place or that a mistake has been made and you're in the wrong group/classroom/whatever is uncomfortable. I can't fathom how it feels to be in a body and thinking "there's been a terrible mix up", especiallywhen that continues daily for your entire life. The fact remains though that nothing is physically wrong. There is no wound to treat. You would pass a routine physical. The issue is a mental one in that sense. I don't know that any level of surgery or medication can fix it. Anorexia often involves people who mentally perceive themselves with far more weight then they have. A doctor can treat their physical state but they can still struggle mentally.

I live in a rough area of a major city and there is one Transperson( not sure what this individual prefers to be called) who has been beaten to a pulp multiple times over the years. No flamboyance. No trying to "convert" people sexually. Just getting jumped for being Trans. I can't imagine that's a life anyone chooses. Working minimum wage jobs, feeling like something is wrong all the time, and waiting for the next beat down walking home from your shift. There may be trendy people faking (how many Hollywood actresses have decided they're bisexual right as their new film premiers) but there are very real cases and it doesn't seem like much fun.

Lastly a word on mental health. I'm not calling anyone crazy or saying they're wrong for feeling how they do mentally. Every time there's a horrible murder or suicide incident the media talks about the "stigma around mental health". They are the problem. They only bring up that term when someone gets shanked on the train by a guy wearing no pants and tie-dye cowboy hat, but saying it about a Transperson is bordering on hate speech these days. Why is that? If someone is having a rough time (and some Transpeople certainly are) and a medic can't help that sounds like mental health issue. I don't understand it but I don't have to. They're human like me. I don't have answers but I can at least try not to make their daily struggle any worse.

I haven't meant to offend or demean anyone with this post. I hope it will be read, considered and commented on. Either way we're all trapped on planet Earth together for the duration.
low rated
StingingVelvet: GOG should fight against those places where some people are not treated equally, not bow before them like they did recently with China.
I have another, very controversial suggestion - GOG should stick to selling games and not engage in politics, period.
Darvond: Oh hey, it's Gab. That's the place where people go when they get banned from Twitter & pushed out of Mastodon. Very «credible».
Why quote marks? Considering how truth nowadays is offensive for Twitter, I would find Gab more credible indeed.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by LootHunter
low rated
Clever queers running this game store :D (would I be banned for saying this?) this word really evolved, so the world. Thinking about lesbians... stop it! you are writing a post... Help me! Help to accept everyone! But you do accept everyone. All right then. Can queer be harmful? No! Queer is ....strange, different, funny?, sensitive, and often gifted with some talents....but not harmful or dangerous, as bad people end up in prison ...or else. Therefore queers keeping bad people outside the ring...oh! so the queers can help to identify really bad people, that is pretty useful! what else? what talents? I know a comedian. Are you sure you want to laugh at queer? Now you don`t get it. This guy is really funny(talented).
Eddie Izzard Cake or Death Sketch From Dress to Kill cake or death? : )
So what else? any job for gay? hmm... let me think... bisexual women? no? gay necessary? ok... Some guys telling their wives "you can`t talk to him unless he is gay!" Maybe there is a lot of space for acceptance...do you think the world is ready? to watch? no! are you blind of your mind ? no! keep your sex to yourself but is the world ready to acknowledge that there are queers? You know what, people like people until someone is stepping in shoes to their living room...oh! so gog.com did not, they are waving from the garden! how did they get into the garden? they have brought few thousand reduced games... I really want a summer sale...

edit
dtgreene: Just so you know, Eddie Izzard now identifies as genderfluid and she goes by she/her pronouns.
(...). A genderfluid person's identity may change constantly(...)
Heeey! That is new for me. You see, I have bipolar disorder, I can imagine how crazy that might be.

Btw. It would be cool to organize a sale, not just representation, for people with mental health issues, pls.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by user deleted
low rated
dtgreene: Via hormones, it is, to the point where, for medical purposes that don't involve genitalia, one needs to be treated as the gender one transitioned to. (This, for example, includes things like dietary and exercise guidelines, as well as risks of disease and the symptoms resulting from diseases.)
morolf: The sexes are different even on the cell level, with current technology you can't change that.
imo it's an illusion. But obviously we won't agree on this, which is ok.
Except that you *can* change them with hormones, I'm pretty sure.
Mplath1: I live in a rough area of a major city and there is one Transperson( not sure what this individual prefers to be called)
Correction:
* The proper term is "trans person". (Notice the space?)
* "trans" is not usually capitalized, uniless it happens to be at the beginning of a sentence.
* (Also, becore anyone makes this mistake. "trans" and "transgender" are adjectives, not nouns.)

Seb3.7: This guy is really funny(talented).
Eddie Izzard Cake or Death Sketch From Dress to Kill cake or death?
Just so you know, Eddie Izzard now identifies as genderfluid and she goes by she/her pronouns.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by dtgreene
low rated
Canuck_Cat: Scientific articles aren't as authoritarian as you might think. They do research, discussions, visit conferences, etc. to produce results.
My point was that sometimes(even more so these days, with bias slipping into a number of said news articles/etc online) "authoritative sources" can be wrong, and sometimes other sources(people's accounts of life and the world around them, amateur footage, etc) can be more accurate/correct.

As such, it's best to not only seek out "authoritative sources", and for one(anyone) to not as readily dismiss anything that isn't published by a news site or scientific journal or etc.

Canuck_Cat: The more holidays, the better for us regular folks.
Also the more GOG sales? ;)

Canuck_Cat: I have a suspicion if LGBTQ+ community were given the same level of respect as Irish Americans or Jewish Americans as previously mentioned, they wouldn't be so prominent in the parades, news, and so highly politicized like the Irish or Jewish American populations.
In many parts of the first world they are given that respect, and also often even special treatment by corps like CDP and others....and also from a number of regular people.

If you mean from more regular people: I think the best other lgbt will get from some is tolerance, and I think that more should learn to live with that(like i've learned to more or less live with the fact that not everyone will like me personally).

-

Breja: Sure. On the other hand, there's the whole Internet out there for everyone to "get it out", and this here is like the "sir, this is Wendy's" meme coming to life.
What is this.....the olden days where stores sold only one type of thing and one had to go to 5-10 stores to get all their shopping done?

Side note: I have actually been in fast food places(including Wendy's, oddly enough) with others talking about various topics above and beyond fast food. And guess what? If I talk quietly with others and we keep to ourselves it's usually not a problem.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
morolf: Eh, I think Breja's view is rather that such issues shouldn't be discussed at all in a gaming forum...and he probably has a point there.
The problem with such thinking is that it causes such talk to get shunted off of more and more sites and out of more and more places IRL, eventually only being talked about mainly in places that the mainstream masses won't dare go to....leading to said topics/issues becoming buried and hardly(if ever) discussed.

Imo, such issues should be talked out more and more across the net on various sites(as civilly as possible, of course).....not swept under the rug and hidden away.
While I do appreciate that most of you are being civil, the discussion has gone into a very heated direction and topic, which isn't appropriate for this forum.

You are welcome to discuss the games in it! But please bring this to a close or move it to Private Messages. Should it return to the previous topics, I am unfortunately forced to lock this thread :(
Post edited June 05, 2021 by SmollestLight
low rated
Canuck_Cat: snip
The harm is that as other people have already posted, it divides people on an arbitrary basis rather than uniting them. I live in a country where exists caste-based discrimination. In some places its still very common while in others its present but much less prevalent. The progress that was made in this regard wasn't made by reminding people of different everyone was but by not considering those differences. So the younger generations subsequently see it even less because their parents never taught them to ''look'' for it. And here, all I see is showing the ''others'' that you are different, which is detrimental to them considering you the same as them.
But thanks to the trend, there is now Dalit history month.

I don't understand how religious festivities can be conflated with forced history class. What to take pride in unfortunately decided by communities and governments. Considering that Pride month is supposedly about educating people about the history of oppression, its ironic that its done ignoring the fact that communities and governments can be wrong and unjust.
SmollestLight: snip
I'll be moving on then, just saw this after I posted my reply. I'll talk via PM if anyone's interested.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by Shadowstalker16
low rated

It's simpler if people do what Morgan Freeman once said: Stop talking about it

(i.e. as Sidney Poitier was talking about above: seeing people as men[as in humans, not just males], and not focusing on labels for people like black/white/lgbt/straight/etc)
GamezRanker:
WTF is this low rated. You suck. This is absolutely the best post in this thread.

Admittedly the poster often posts stuff that is stupid but this is exactly the point.

Judge everything based on its merit. Don't prejudge anything based on preconceptions.

I'm guessing some of you are racist or homophobic. I'm not judging you, I just know that some of you are stupid and racism and homophobia is an extension of being stupid.

But yeah, we don't need special treatment for anyone. There is no straight pride month. Why should there be gay pride month?

Like Movember and dry January, let's get rid of these stupid token months and instead take responsibility for our own actions instead of trying to pass them on to diverse communities like this one.

/rant
low rated
Well, guess I'm not buying from GOG or CDPR anymore. They'll probably make even more money from supporting this Gramscian political stuff and adopting Western Neo-liberalism's demands and political tactics, but yea, still won't get my business anymore. Probably a drop in the bucket but still just tired of seeing neo-liberalism everywhere by every corporation and financial institution shoved in our faces daily and then the scum that wanna be treated special over other groups have the audacity to say they're the ones being downtrodden.
Post edited June 05, 2021 by jimmywon34
low rated
jimmywon34: Well, guess I'm not buying from GOG or CDPR anymore. They'll probably make even more money from supporting this Gramscian political stuff and adopting Western Neo-liberalism's demands and political tactics, but yea, still won't get my business anymore. Probably a drop in the bucket but still just tired of seeing neo-liberalism everywhere by every corporation and financial institution shoved in our faces daily and then the scum that wanna be treated special over other groups have the audacity to say they're the ones being downtrodden.
Where will you get your games from then?
low rated
Trying to get back to the main topic:

Saviors of Sapphire Wings has some queer content that's handled well, though it only shows up if you make the main character female.

(Unfortunately, making the main character "Unknown" gives you the male dialogue, which definitely feels wrong, but fortunately you can easily change mid-game.)
low rated
dtgreene: Correction:
* The proper term is "trans person". (Notice the space?)
* "trans" is not usually capitalized, uniless it happens to be at the beginning of a sentence.
* (Also, becore anyone makes this mistake. "trans" and "transgender" are adjectives, not nouns.)
Thank you for respectfully correcting me. I know it's a heated topic for many and I appreciate you correcting before condemning.. I'm afraid your first two points I must blame on GOG or the Android keyboard API. The autocorrect was capitalizing and suggesting. On your third point I'm slightly contrary contrarian. I find language endlessly fascinating and post history reveals my views on censorship (basically never). We have turned many adjectives into nouns in English. Elderly can be an adjective for my Opa or a term to describe all the people in my Opa's age bracket. All that being said if it's something that's going to make someone's day worse I can pretty easily adapt to prevent unnecessary stress.
low rated
SmollestLight: While I do appreciate that most of you are being civil, the discussion has gone into a very heated direction and topic, which isn't appropriate for this forum.
I remember a time when it used to be...long long ago....before rules put in place mainly to placate small groups on social media and the like to gain GOG some PR points.

So then besides PMs, care to opine where you think it would be appropriate to talk about said topics?

SmollestLight: You are welcome to discuss the games in it! But please bring this to a close or move it to Private Messages. Should it return to the previous topics, I am unfortunately forced to lock this thread :(
Also y'all staffers could maybe pester the higher ups to change the rules a bit(such as allowing said talk if contained to one thread per topic and kept civil)....just an idea.

---
---

The above said, and to all: I agree that everyone should try to stick to the topic at hand a bit more....if only so it doesn't get too confusing/jumbled(all the various side topics, etc) in here.

---
---

Shadowstalker16: I'll be moving on then, just saw this after I posted my reply. I'll talk via PM if anyone's interested.
Sent a friend request...hope that's ok. Feel free to PM me at any time if you want to talk about these or any other topics.
low rated
lupineshadow: WTF is this low rated. You suck. This is absolutely the best post in this thread.
Some other users with bots/scripts who think this is their private hangout are playing with the silly rep scores, because they like to troll and/or it makes them feel like they have power(note: they hit everything else or close to it because they don't like this sort of talk on "their" forum)......all in all, i'd pay it no mind.

lupineshadow: Admittedly the poster often posts stuff that is stupid but this is exactly the point.

Judge everything based on its merit. Don't prejudge anything based on preconceptions.
Well I sometimes post just to chat on topics and not always to make a more profound statement.

That said, (on the bolded bit) agreed.

lupineshadow: I'm guessing some of you are racist or homophobic. I'm not judging you, I just know that some of you are stupid and racism and homophobia is an extension of being stupid.
What you are describing is a fear of the unknown and "the other"....both things that are buried deep in our very makeup and being as humans. During our caveman days and beyond such things kept us alive and helped us survive, but now not so much. Still, they are a part of us, and one that's hard to shake/keep under wraps/etc....sort of like our Mr. Hyde to our other "Henry Jekyll" sides....the best we can do is learn to keep them in check as best we can.

lupineshadow: Like Movember and dry January.....
Movember....dry January.....do I even wanna look those up?
(I didn't even know those were things, tbh)

---
---

Also to get back ontopic

One game I like with gay characters is The Last of Us(the first one).....very nicely done.