It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
OldOldGamer: You really are cultivating stupidity on this store.
You're welcome!

:-D
low rated
fronzelneekburm: You're welcome!

:-D
Btw thank you for rectifying GOG's obvious mistake of not making a thread for their LGBT promotion...much appreciated.

*GR buys fronzel a digital beer* "all the taste of a regular beer, without the calories(or modern day pandering)!"
low rated
GamezRanker: This is actually what comprises a large chunk of the negative discriminatory treatment that many black people and lgbt get in many parts of the first world.
Yeah, but it's not just slurs. Check out this meta-analysis paper (2011). This includes familial rejection, hostility, harassment, bullying, and violence also resulting in 20-40% of homelessness in 2 million youths in the US (2006). This stigma, prejudice, and discrimination leads to increased rates of mental disorders and lifetime suicide attempts and behaviour. In the US, LGB teenagers had 2-7x rates higher of suicide attempts than hetero teenagers, particularly for males. Same can be seen for older male demographics too with respect to lifetime suicide attempts.

GamezRanker: There actually isn't much of such left, at least not in most of the first world....now in other parts of the world, on the other hand...
(and many of the parts of the world where such movements are needed don't have such or allow such)
Would be interesting to see sources here.

GamezRanker: Btw, such treatment(holidays/months and etc) is also discrimination....positive discrimination, but still discrimination.
Fair enough, but how will I still get holidays off work?

Starmaker: 1. No one is born with an identity.
Name, gender, nationality, etc. and any other applicable information on your birth certificate? Some couples try to come up with names or to understand the gender of the baby before they're born too.

2. Sexual orientation is not an identity and not a choice.
Yes, from what I'm reading, sexual orientation is not the same as gender identity. And yes, you're right about it not being a choice. However, if people want to discard preconceived identity from other people, then they can if they want to. No one is born gay or bi, but they can choose later in life to stay in the closet or to fully embrace it later.

3. It's exactly because sexual orientation is not a choice that it needs protection. "Identities" can fuck off forever. If you can identify out of oppression, you weren't really oppressed in the first place. As the Soviets used to say, [racists] punch your face, not your passport.

4. Because they can be freely chosen, identities are worse than worthless -
You have good points until you went on an tangent I can't quite comprehrend. Maybe instead of caricaturing someone having > 3 gender identities, the extreme fringe of +, you can focus more realistically on a single identity person to better help your case. What percentage of this community has 9 simultaneous gender identities? Anyway, as I listed above, there are serious consequences of discrimination leading to increased suicide rates. Surely they are disadvantaged in some way?

Shadowstalker16: 1. Yes, everyone's identity is a combination of changeable and unchangeable stuff. But it is considered progressive to not be obsessed with / fixate on the unchangeable stuff, ie race or in this case sexual orientation.
May I please get a source on this? Interested to know who is determining what is progressive and what isn't.

2&3. As I said above, religious holidays can't be directly compared; ... And I fail to see education or celebration pride parades, which looks to me like morally sanctioned exhibitionism more than anything else.
What gives scriptures and teachings more importance than their cause? Both facets affect people's everyday lives with homosexuality long in ancient civilizations (e.g., indigenous communities, ancient China, ancient Greece / Rome, Mesopotamia, India, etc.), even older than some modern religions like Islam. The difference is that one has been long sanctioned by governments for a much longer period of time and may be national holidays depending on the country's demographics.
Post edited June 04, 2021 by Canuck_Cat
low rated
zgrillo2004: Sweet jesus. when you ask for "sources" that proves to me that you are in fact a deranged liberal. In fact liberal people are more likely to have a mental illness
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/apr/22/white-liberals-more-likely-have-mental-health-cond/

If I were you, I would go see a therapist before you open your tongue.
I'd like to see sources because I like seeing credible data validated by a community of experts instead of feelings and emotions. Facts don't care about your feelings. Asking someone where they get their sources isn't a sign of mental illness, it's a standard practice and expected when exchanging ideas in academia.

Lastly, I'm not a liberal just because I give these people respect. This is an extremely huge leap in logic.
There was no newspost because we thought a big spot visibility and a partner page that explains the reasoning behind the collection was enough.

I also see there are some discussions going on which I don't want to interrupt, but please keep in mind to be civil to each other.
low rated
SmollestLight: There was no newspost because we thought a big spot visibility and a partner page that explains the reasoning behind the collection was enough.

I also see there are some discussions going on which I don't want to interrupt, but please keep in mind to be civil to each other.
Answer me this though. why are you purposefully dividing humanity based on identity politics. and please be honest.
low rated
zgrillo2004: Answer me this though. why are you purposefully dividing humanity based on identity politics. and please be honest.
Last personal jab, I swear - why are you purposefully dividing this community by generalizing people who show to other people respect as liberals and having mental illnesses?
low rated
zgrillo2004: Answer me this though. why are you purposefully dividing humanity based on identity politics. and please be honest.
Canuck_Cat: Last personal jab, I swear - why are you purposefully dividing this community by generalizing people who show to other people respect as liberals and having mental illnesses?
because I am sick of the communists infiltrating my country. because in the very end they will destroy us.
low rated
Canuck_Cat: Last personal jab, I swear - why are you purposefully dividing this community by generalizing people who show to other people respect as liberals and having mental illnesses?
zgrillo2004: because I am sick of the communists infiltrating my country. because in the very end they will destroy us.
Sorry, what is the relationship between LGBTQ+ pride and communism? Seems like two completely different topics as one is for equal social rights and the other is for seizing the means of production through brutal violence.
low rated
Canuck_Cat: Lastly, I'm not a liberal just because I give these people respect. This is an extremely huge leap in logic.
OldOldGamer: Everyone deserve respect.
Not "these" people.

We are all people, regardless.
All this is creating inequality.

Where are the sales for everyone one else?

Shame on GOG. Again.
Thats exactly what I said. this topic and what GOG is doing is dividing humanity based on sexual preference. its repulsive.
low rated
Not "these" people.

Shame on GOG. Again.
"All Lives Matter!!!"

It's not even a sale. And even if it were, it's still not targeting 'them', whovever you think the boogeyman is. Everyone can participate. So lay down your pitchfork and outrage and stop hating human beings.
low rated
Not "these" people.

Shame on GOG. Again.
rojimboo: "All Lives Matter!!!"

It's not even a sale. And even if it were, it's still not targeting 'them', whovever you think the boogeyman is. Everyone can participate. So lay down your pitchfork and outrage and stop hating human beings.
Im just about to leave this forum as a whole or have GOG somehow remove my forum account so I dont have to post about this crap. Im getting sick of this political correctness.
low rated
*Double post*

Edit:

zgrillo2004: Im getting sick of this political correctness.
Your assumed faux forced political correctness, is another man's ordinary day in the world.
Post edited June 04, 2021 by rojimboo
I'm surprised there is no sale. I clicked on the Pride Month banner and was thinking that maybe I'd pick up Life is Strange, but - no discounts? It's not like the money is going to charity / social groups / causes. Weird event.
SmollestLight: There was no newspost because we thought a big spot visibility and a partner page that explains the reasoning behind the collection was enough.
That doesn't explain the oddly absent banner on the Chinese and Russian storefront, though...