It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Ciris: Today, we want to share with you a few new updates to the way that installing our games on Linux will work.
It would be good if you added MojoSetup to your credits page: https://www.gog.com/thanks

Same probably goes for some other projects you missed there, like Wine for example.
Ciris: Today, we want to share with you a few new updates to the way that installing our games on Linux will work.
shmerl: It would be good if you added MojoSetup to your credits page: https://www.gog.com/thanks

Same probably goes for some other projects you missed there, like Wine for example.
We're on it, we didn't mean to forget about authors by any chance :) Also, check the 'thanks' section in the installer's EULA!
high rated
Please, no directory names with blank spaces anymore!
Use_instead.

And please use home instead of root.

I'm looking forward to the new Linux packages since I've stopped buying games without Linux ports (=truly DRM free) altogether.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Klumpen0815
high rated
Klumpen0815: Please, no directory names with blank spaces anymore!
Use_instead.
+ many. Spaces in file names are discouraged. And no need to use capitals either - it's from the Windows world. Don't name it "New Game". Name it new_game.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: And no need to use capitals either - it's from the Windows world. Don't name it "New Game". Name it new_game.
I totally forgot, thanks for mentioning.

Mind the case sensitivity and keep everything small.
king_mosiah: The new installers work, but I get an this error in the terminal

(process:7636): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Same here. Din't get a single error during install, though. Games ran just as fine :)
shmerl: And no need to use capitals either - it's from the Windows world.
say what?

# find /usr/ | grep '/[A-Z]' | wc -l

so there are ~86000 files/directories in my /usr that start with a capital letter.
clearly windows and linux are more similar than you would think :p
Post edited August 12, 2015 by immi101
Use_instead.
This so much! spaces in file names are so annoying!
Use_instead.

And please use home instead of root.

I'm looking forward to the new Linux packages since I've stopped buying games without Linux ports (=truly DRM free) altogether.
Ugggggh I ####ing hate it when they use spaces in file names.
I just installed Grim Fandango this morning. I have to say I'm pleased with the installer. Effectively, I wound up with the same result as extracting a tarball, and moving the folder, except it's done with a GUI.

I don't like the spaces in the folder either, but the installer let's you pick whatever you want, so it survey l doesn't really matter.
Ciris: --A simple installation process, done in just two steps that we all know well:
make && make install ? Yeah, I wish... :-(

Does anyone know if mojosetup only works with ZIP files? Couldn't GOG use 7-ZIP archives as a game data container? LZMA compression could save around 20% in each game (and that is reflected in lower disk space, bandwidth used and download time).
shmerl: And no need to use capitals either - it's from the Windows world.
immi101: say what?

# find /usr/ | grep '/[A-Z]' | wc -l

so there are ~86000 files/directories in my /usr that start with a capital letter.
clearly windows and linux are more similar than you would think :p
It's not non existent, but it's not the common practice. The reason is simple - when you type file and directory names, you don't want to waste your time on pressing Shift on every single word. Compare it to Windows, where practically everything is capitalized, including the top directories.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by shmerl
low rated
Just used the installer for Terraria, and I note that the installer does work without a GUI; it uses something like a curses interface (don't know if it actually uses ncurses).

I still haven't tried the installer on a system that can't run x86 binaries (like the Raspberry Pi). (Of course, the resulting game won't run without emulation, but this can be worth doing for games that use DOSBox or ScummVM.)

Is there a way to automate the install? (I don't yet see a use case for it, but never say never.)
dtgreene: Is there a way to automate the install? (I don't yet see a use case for it, but never say never.)
Actually there is a use case and that's why I needed to adapt my toolchain to the new installers. My downloads are more or less automated on another (headless) machine on my network. There it's prepared (extracted, cleaned up) and served back on a NFS4 share. So it can be used on any other machine without doing pretty much anything manually (well other than copy/ pasteing the download url through an ssh connection).
Ciris: --A simple installation process, done in just two steps that we all know well:
Gede: make && make install ? Yeah, I wish... :-(
If we could offer you the source code + assets for these games so that you could go through compiling them on your system, we would :)

Make && make install is not going to happen with most games that are sold commercially for Linux (Tales of Maj'Eyal notwithstanding :P )