It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heard there are no Arizona robots in LA? For shame, the robots had alot of charm. Synths and Workerbots however are boring.
Is it me or the Scorpitron easy? Fought the first one at Inglewood. And I had to double-check the difficulty to see whether I'm still on SJ. Or is the one in Inglewood a weak version? My whole party's wearing either Power Armour or the 7 armour Spectrum Assault Vest. Didn't need to strip armour since it doesn't seem to have energy weapons. His chain gun couldn't penetrate my armour much and I didn't even need to heal.
cw8: Is it me or the Scorpitron easy? Fought the first one at Inglewood. And I had to double-check the difficulty to see whether I'm still on SJ. Or is the one in Inglewood a weak version? My whole party's wearing either Power Armour or the 7 armour Spectrum Assault Vest. Didn't need to strip armour since it doesn't seem to have energy weapons. His chain gun couldn't penetrate my armour much and I didn't even need to heal.
No, they are all piss easy. If you have a shotgun man in your group it's even easier. One blast and boom, three to all mini-scorpitrons down in one hit.
DProject: No, they are all piss easy. If you have a shotgun man in your group it's even easier. One blast and boom, three to all mini-scorpitrons down in one hit.
Lol, quite a let down. My party's level 39 and all Tier 6 weapons which is quite high leveled for Inglewood I guess. If it had energy weapons as well it'll be quite a killer. Then you can't wear the heaviest armour to fight it and be stuck in a dilemma. I tried fighting a CoTC pulse gunner while wearing power armour and he crit me for 505 dmg lol, highest dmg I've ever seen in the game so far and insta-death to whoever got the beam. Without armour he won't make a dent.
Yes, the scorpitrons are wimps! When I saw one appearing, remembering the one from the original Wasteland I thought I was doomed... yet I cut through it like an hot knife cuts butter.
And I agree, the pulse gunners are the most dangerous enemies for armoured characters. Maximum priority targets!
Post edited October 11, 2014 by Enebias
********* Ending Spoilers *********

Completed the game on SJ yesterday. Last few events were pretty awesome, storming the Ranger Citadel felt like the end events of Dragon Age Origins for some reason. Maybe because I got everyone I've helped in the past to help me. Same deal with DA:O
Dugan's fight was pretty cool. Now if the Scorpitron had Dugan's heavy machine gun, it'll be incredibly hard. Dugan hit my Power Armoured ranger for a total of 400 dmg before his turn ended, madness, luckily I was able to revive him with Rose (10/10 Surgeon). Prior to Dugan's turn he had eaten an RPG and a Gamma Ray Blaster salvo but still stood, killed him soon after his turn with burst fire G41. Funnily the whole fight, Dugan and the Meson Cannon were the most dangerous targets, the big-ass Scorpitron was pretty much ignored until both of them went down. At level 40s, my Rangers can survive a Meson Cannon blast on SJ, on the 30s my party or most of my party would have died.

Last fight, Rose turned on me. If I knew, I would've not brought her to the Citadel. Didn't kill her, think Vargas killed her. Vargas is badass, criting for 159 with his pistol on the Synths. Got all the friendly NPCs swarming around that place. Since Rose turned, I'm left with my 1 medic and she was healing party members and NPCs alike, pretty stressful for her. Most of them survived in the end, the Synths don't last long to Dragoon 140dmg headshots, G41 202 dmg burstfire headshots and Gamma Ray salvos. Although a couple died, I accidentally shot Jan the mutant's head off with the Dragoon AMR, 95% on hit on the Synth and it went to Jan instead wtf. Another NPC from Damonta charged off and died to a basher. In the end it was Kekkahbah who stayed and sacrificed himself to activate the nuke. Not sure if you guys got the same person.

Probably got the best endings since I went for peace on all factions except for Titan Canyon: Saved AG Centre and they're thriving, brought peace to Nomad Camp and they're also thriving, made peace with RSM in the Prison (no actions on both sides), defused nuke in Canyon Titan causing chaos and Father Enol telling I suck. I suppose sending the mad monks the nuke would be the best option, they will die like how they wanted so I assume they died happy and no further chaos in the Canyon. Killed all robots in the Damonta, the radio guy keeps mentioning my name in his broadcasts.
Chased the leather jerks out of Rodia, reinstated the Mayor, pretty good ending description about them growing different kinds of crops. Sided with the Mannerites and chased out the Robbinsons in Angel Oracle, stopped them from eating human meat. Went for the peace option for Hollywood with Veronica and McDade rebuilding the communities.

********* Ending Spoilers *********
^We had the exact same ending! :)
Luckily for me, I brought Brother Thomas as a second doctor: that character is imo invaluable in the latter stages.
I've been playing WL2 since release and no other games. So that's like close to a month? Haha, RPG OCD strikes again.
The 2nd patch is here, the patch that fixes Hollywood and LA in general:

http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/99930440396/wasteland-2-patch-2-58214-release-notes

No nerfs to ARs or buffs to other guns yet. Got his however:
"Lowered weight of rad suits to 1.0"

Good thing, can fit another RPG into bags with this nerf. Wished they put a "Stay Here" option for AI controlled NPC combatants.

- Fixed enemy “unlimited AP” movement bug that allowed them to sometimes move much farther than intended.
- Extensive improvements and fixes to California questlines, particularly in Hollywood and Griffith Park. May require you to load an older save file before Hollywood to fully benefit.
- Added a travel speed toggle on the world map. This new feature allows you to travel at approximately double speed to save time if you want to rush around the wasteland.
- It should no longer be possible to use Weaponsmithing before committing points in the skill.
Much, much needed fixes! I'm glad to see these ones in particular.
I'm also happy to hear they have better optimized several areas: my PC vastly outpowers the recommended requirements, yet I had significant framerate drops in several zones (Ranger Citadel included).
cw8: The 2nd patch is here, the patch that fixes Hollywood and LA in general:
Still not available to GOG versions, I suppose?
cw8: The 2nd patch is here, the patch that fixes Hollywood and LA in general:
misteryo: Still not available to GOG versions, I suppose?
Available since the 16th of October, whiny friend ;)
Post edited October 27, 2014 by vv221
Niggles: Any news on when the physical stuff from the KS will be sent out?
01kipper: From the most recent update (Oct 1st):

"As it is looking now, our timeline will be:
- The first batch of physical goods will be standard boxes only, shipped on the 3rd week of this month. These will go out to backers receiving only the standard box.
- Batches of physical goods including the metal Collector's Edition box will ship next and we'll announce a more precise time as soon as we have it."
I am wondering why this is taking so long. ?
misteryo: Still not available to GOG versions, I suppose?
vv221: Available since the 16th of October, whiny friend ;)
Hmmm... As foolish as it makes me look, I am glad I posted. My game never flagged as "Updated" on my shelf, so I never looked any further. Was watching this thread for mention of the GOG patch coming available.

Oh, well. Better egg on my face and a patch than no egg and no patch!

Cheers!
misteryo: Oh, well. Better egg on my face and a patch than no egg and no patch!
That’s the way to go!

In your defense, I can’t remember seeing this game being flagged for an update.