It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So what do your ranger squads look at. At some point I saw someone post the Power Rangers portraits in WL2's Facebook page and had a good laugh.
Beautiful fanmade custom portraits for use in Wasteland 2:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.781722505188171.1073741836.349361458424280&type=3
cw8: Beautiful fanmade custom portraits for use in Wasteland 2:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.781722505188171.1073741836.349361458424280&type=3
Most of them are pretty cool. Anyone managed to copy them all and zip them up somewhere?.
Dethroned from top 1 from some early access game... Hope it goes back on top. D:OS was on top for quite a long while before getting dethroned.
Eventually I was able to get the game to completely download. Hopefully it wasn't corrupted during the process because I have no way of knowing if that happened and I'd have to download another 12gb of data in the mean time.

It never ceases to blow my mind that Gog can stay in business with such a shitty attitude towards customer service. The download manager should always be available and expecting people to download well over 10 gigs of data without corruption or the download fail is completely ridiculous.
cw8: Dethroned from top 1 from some early access game... Hope it goes back on top. D:OS was on top for quite a long while before getting dethroned.
That...doesn't bode well.

And I'm not even that worried about Wasteland per se, but about the future of inExile. I want them to make more games, but most of all, I want them to deliver on Torment...
Faro tweeted that Wasteland has passed the 1 million sales mark on Steam. Probably counting Early Access purchases, but this doesn't sound so bad.
Nergal01: Faro tweeted that Wasteland has passed the 1 million sales mark on Steam. Probably counting Early Access purchases, but this doesn't sound so bad.
Million dollar mark not million sales mark :)

D:OS was up on top for nearly 2 months and it exceeded well over 500k copies sold.
I've played the game a few times, but keep getting interrupted. So, I've only finished the Radio Tower so far. I do not remember the toad on the radio tower map being that hard. I'm playing on the Ranger difficulty level, perhaps I played at a lower level during the beta.

Also, noticed they took out the extra XP when you threaten the guys at the beginning of the map, you used to be able to kill them afterward and receive some more XP. I wasn't able to line up the shots on them. Oh, well I felt it was cheating, but it was great to get double XP.

Much better than the ones supplied with the game. I may have to use some of them. Oh, damn hot red heads...my kryptonite.
Post edited September 21, 2014 by VABlitz
Looking at the pictures from that custom portraits link and I think I found out where our GOGbear has gone.
VABlitz: I've played the game a few times, but keep getting interrupted. So, I've only finished the Radio Tower so far. I do not remember the toad on the radio tower map being that hard. I'm playing on the Ranger difficulty level, perhaps I played at a lower level during the beta.

Also, noticed they took out the extra XP when you threaten the guys at the beginning of the map, you used to be able to kill them afterward and receive some more XP. I wasn't able to line up the shots on them. Oh, well I felt it was cheating, but it was great to get double XP.

VABlitz: Much better than the ones supplied with the game. I may have to use some of them. Oh, damn hot red heads...my kryptonite.
They upped the difficulty across the board, I'm guessing, which is good. Playing on Supreme Jerk currently and completed Damonta on SJ in the beta, definitely harder compared to beta.

Yeah the portraits are amazing. My 4 rangers use those custom portraits.
Someone at Codex made 4 C&C NOD portraits including Kane. Now why didn't I think of that...
Post edited September 21, 2014 by cw8
I eventually managed to download the game and so far I'm rather happy with it. Judging from the difficulty on the second easiest mode, it looks like they didn't sell hardcore fans out for difficulty.

I'm am a bit perplexed by what the backer skill does though, I see that I've been given it, but I don't see any opportunity to use it so far.
Crosmando:
So Cros, how's LA coming along? Much better than Arizona?

I realised that they put in a cute little snake arcade game in Ranger Citadel and I blew up the base pressing the nuke button. They weren't in the beta build I played. Very nice additions!
Post edited September 22, 2014 by cw8
cw8: So Cros, how's LA coming along? Much better than Arizona?

I realised that they put in a cute little snake arcade game in Ranger Citadel and I blew up the base pressing the nuke button. They weren't in the beta build I played. Very nice additions!
It's great, the difficulty spike was huge, so much so that I had to just wander around the world map looking for some place to buy new equipment because my current guns and armor were by now totally obsolete against LA enemies. I'm regretting that I didn't put more points into Outdoorsman though as the random encounters nearly killed me, especially with the Children of the Citadel cyborgs who all have energy weapons. But a merchant showed up at Santa Fe Springs with heaps of new weapons and gear to trade, which was a huge relief, even got a sledgehammer and Power Armor for Chisel my melee guy.

So far though I haven't been to any "big" areas and I'm looking for items to upgrade my rad suits (because most areas are behind 6+ Radiation walls). I just helped some Citadel cyborgs fighting robots at some town, and I also helped some guy at his farm against honey badgers.

Also it doesn't matter how much scrap you have when you leave Arizona, everything in California skyrockets in price so even with my 15,000+ in scrap I spent it very quickly (I guess that's by design).

LA looks very nice too, vast marsh/swamp lands with ruined buildings.

EDIT: I think LA is going to be more about "tactics" (using cover, positioning, firing modes, etc) and equipment (weapons and armor) than stats, because you basically have all your skills max'ed out by the time you reach California. Which makes me think that the devs almost have made this game too big.
Post edited September 23, 2014 by Crosmando
Crosmando:
Very nice, I'm wondering about the skills too since my medic character has 9 intel and Rose has 10 which makes them pretty easy to max out skills quite early on. I'm emulating Angie's skills on one of my other characters who only have 3 intel but I hope to reach her skills closely enough which means I'm pumping Outdoorsman skill and Rifles on him. As Beta players we know we have to emulate Angie. :D
Hope that I don't have to ramp the difficulty down to Ranger from SJ once I reach LA seeing how you described it. Doesn't stripping all your characters off their armour help with the energy weapons? Else I'm gonna have a fun time in Damonta again later like in beta.
So, without major spoilers, how's the writing, C&C and quests like in LA? Better than Arizona?