It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Someone should get the OP to get the title of this thread changed to "Wasteland 2", just for clarity.
Crosmando: Someone should get the OP to get the title of this thread changed to "Wasteland 2", just for clarity.
How do you change a title of your thread?
Crosmando: Someone should get the OP to get the title of this thread changed to "Wasteland 2", just for clarity.
cw8: How do you change a title of your thread?
Ask a blue text
Would anyone have any confusion about calling the original Wasteland, "new", it is what 26 years old. Or perhaps clarity for our time traveling friends from 1988.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by VABlitz
sorrowofwind: W2's minimum gpu requirement is hd4850... with 4850 I could run crysis on high. Does the game really require this much gpu resource?
No, not even a little bit. I've been playing it happily on a low-voltage 1.8GHz i5 with integrated HD3000 graphics. Sure, from time to time it chugs a little but it plays just fine.
My old card was gt440 and it ran Wasteland 2 beta pretty well, especially after the last update,l on full HD and only AA turned off. There was some lag on the frame rate on particle heavy maps, but overall the game was very playable.

They've been optimizing it all the time and improved performance quite a bit during the process. I'd guess they'll continue doing that till the official release.

And the game is, indeed, pretty huge. The beta area alone is the size of what most games would call a whole game. There's some voice overs, but only on important characters and no pre-rendered cutscenes. Only thing of that nature is the opening cinematic, at least for the time being.
cw8: Release date confirmed:
Official Wasteland 2 release date... September 19th! The 20+ year wait is soon over.
Odd question. Will backers who get the physical rewards receive them before this date or will they be sent out around this?
Official Wasteland 2 release date... September 19th! The 20+ year wait is soon over.
Niggles: Odd question. Will backers who get the physical rewards receive them before this date or will they be sent out around this?
I saw a notice from UPS that I was getting a package and not remembering that I ordered something online I was ecstatic that I might be getting WL2, but unfortunately I was disappointed when it arrived and it was just the clothes I ordered. Reminded me of Christmas time as a lad and opening that present full of socks and underwear.
Niggles: Odd question. Will backers who get the physical rewards receive them before this date or will they be sent out around this?
Bro None is the best person to ask. Maybe quote him instead.
*Shines Bro None lamp (in the style of Batman) in the sky over Gogtham*
Probably not before. Still wait-and-seeing on exact dates.
New excellent skills and tactical combat video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hPDdLMuN0
cw8: New excellent skills and tactical combat video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hPDdLMuN0
Must resist the urge to get sucked into the Beta again. I want to wait for the release for my next run through.
Another NASTY little surprise. If you ordered a boxed version, it will be Steam-ified unless you email them before hand and then it will be shipped at a later date.

"Every physical copy tier comes with a digital version of the game also, where you can pick the fully DRM-free GOG.com or Steam. If you prefer a fully DRM-free physical copy we will be willing to print and ship a day-1 version of the game to you at a later time, simply contact us through the Ranger Center if this has your preference."

Just got a response back that I will still be able to play the digital copy day 1.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by VABlitz
VABlitz: Another NASTY little surprise. If you ordered a boxed version, it will be Steam-ified unless you email them before hand and then it will be shipped at a later date.

"Every physical copy tier comes with a digital version of the game also, where you can pick the fully DRM-free GOG.com or Steam. If you prefer a fully DRM-free physical copy we will be willing to print and ship a day-1 version of the game to you at a later time, simply contact us through the Ranger Center if this has your preference."

Just got a response back that I will still be able to play the digital copy day 1.
Larian did that with D:OS...still waiting for my standalone dvd version though.
I already contacted them stating I want a DRM-free physical copy.
It took them 33 seconds to respond:

No problem, we have taken you down for a DRM-free physical copy. The boxed copy shipped to you will come with the Steam version, we will send the DRM-free copy as soon as we can. Also, this will not affect your ability to play the game day-one using a digital copy, so you won't need to wait any longer.

We'll put word out there on shipping dates as soon as they're locked down! Thanks.