It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

reaver894: Good to know, Cheers, I just wish I still knew where my 64bit OS disk was.
hedwards: Can't you just download it? I thought that for recent versions of Windows that they used the same key for 32bit and 64bit. Or, do you only have a key for a 32bit version?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the game being released. I just hope that they can optimize it enough to run on my computer. I'm not sure I'm interested in waiting to play the game until I can afford to buy a new computer.
no idea mate, ill look into it, half the reason I havent updated is the risk of losing everything, its gotten to the stage my external HDD cant fit any more stuff on it.
cw8: Played quite a bit of the current build of the BETA over the weekend. Completed most areas and made it to the Canyon. Darwin Village feels very lackluster, I wonder if they're gonna put more stuff in? So much potential that could be made with Darwin Village just went down the drain. It's just one bland area atm.
StingingVelvet: I'm waiting to play it until actual release, but seems like the scope is pretty limited in general?
It took me around 20-25 hours to run through the beta contents of the current beta dn I haven't even gone through it in the alternative ways. Wasteland 2 is definetly much more broader than most curent AAA RPG's.

Darwin is pretty much a small sidequest location. While it's not even close to be among the best locations or maps in the game it isn't ment to be a major location in W2 either. The best areas at the moment are Damonta and the mad monks valley. If the rest of the game is as strong as those two places are, the game will be pretty damn great.
tomimt: Darwin is pretty much a small sidequest location. While it's not even close to be among the best locations or maps in the game it isn't ment to be a major location in W2 either. The best areas at the moment are Damonta and the mad monks valley. If the rest of the game is as strong as those two places are, the game will be pretty damn great.
I really wish WL2 had minor locations and sidequests with the quality of something like Vault 11 in Fallout NV for a more recent comparison. Yeah, I know don't compare WL to Fallout and stuff but I'm just talking about content wise stuff and backstories.

Playing through the Titan Temple atm.
Well, Highpool and Ag Center (as well as the "Infected Sites") are very "mission-based", you receive a distress call from both and have to choose which one you will respond to, that's why they feel a bit railroad-y, I say "feel" because nothing about the game is actually railroading you, you can just ignore the distress calls from both locations and let them die, the game supports this and you can still continue the main quest, though the Rangers aren't too happy to say the least that you let both die. In a way Highpool/Ag Center are "starting dungeons" in RPG parlance.

After that, well you can go anywhere on the world map, you do receive some distress calls which you can respond to or not, but most locations are not in immediate need of attention. Rail Nomads for example doesn't really have a traditional quest structure at all (except for some minor side-quests), the location revolves around the tribal conflict, how you handle it is completely open-ended, you can kill the leader of one of the tribes to put the other in power, this isn't traditionally structured either, you just work straight in and open fire on Kebbekkah or Casey and the game responds automatically by "resolving" the quest. You can also broker peace between both tribes, but it's more tricky, requires more thinking, and the last "puzzle" to make peace is "hidden in plainsight".

Same goes for Titan Canyon, there's three ways to solve the central conflict by siding with either side, but there's also a "neutral" way to do it.

Also, you can open fire and kill any NPC in the game, so technically you could resolve things just by massacring people, the game supports it. That said, if you do round killing allies like in Highpool, Ranger Center will find out and call you to tell you what happened, some people said you came to their town and massacred people, which you can then say "We did it" or deny it.

I'm not sure how well that part of the game is developed, it might currently break the main quest and make you enemies of the Desert Rangers, BUT Brian Fargo has said that their will be a path in the Arizona map to turn against the Rangers by killing civilians, and then join some enemies of the Rangers, basically you won't get the full game, your party won't get sent to LA/California and the game ends prematurely (non-standard game ending), but the game will support.

I'm not sure how it'll work in California/LA, because it's unknown territory I doubt Ranger Citadel will be able to know if you commit atrocities, so you probably won't get booted, but there will probably be local consequences.
cw8: Freaking new awesome screenshot with the Scorpitron, probably one of the best screenshots to date.
http://cdni.wired.co.uk/1240x826/w_z/Wasteland%202%201.jpg

Why do the Arizona locations in the current BETA build not look as awesome as the L.A. screenshots.
Just wanna clarify this is not actually a screenshot, it's more like concept art. We put in this clarification on it: "Please note: this is not an in-game screenshot. This scene was staged in-engine with dramatic back-lighting for effect. The Scorpitron and his attack effect are manually placed."
BrotherNone: Just wanna clarify this is not actually a screenshot, it's more like concept art. We put in this clarification on it: "Please note: this is not an in-game screenshot. This scene was staged in-engine with dramatic back-lighting for effect. The Scorpitron and his attack effect are manually placed."
Damn, I was hoping it was in-game dramatic lightning effect. We won't see this sort of lighting in the final game?
cw8: Damn, I was hoping it was in-game dramatic lightning effect. We won't see this sort of lighting in the final game?
That kind of lighting isn't really possible to get a proper effect out of with our camera angle. I think our lighting is good, but that dramatic kind of scene isn't doable with our camera.
Good to hear more about this! So I gather it will come out on August 2, when it was supposed to?

And hopefully some of the sidequests will become more interesting/engaging.
New LA screenie folks:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10321075_707299239319342_7138258064449964233_o.jpg
Part of me thinks it looks a bit too bright, but then I remember that that is an LA shot and unlike Scotland they get some sun out there.
New update in the morning:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/895618

Local maps are implemented, yes!:
http://i5.minus.com/is3W0eNhZeRMV.jpg

No more annoying getting lost in Nomad's Camp.
No perks or traits sadly.
Probably the last update till release:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/936293

Hollywood Loading Screen, not sure what it means:
http://i4.minus.com/ibq2oA8RYd7SxS.jpg
*fingers crossed for the end of the month!*
Ixamyakxim: *fingers crossed for the end of the month!*
Will probably go to the first week of Sept.
Think ill look at how these optimizations like a 32bit OS :-P