It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crosmando: Just a FYI to any Wastelanders on GOG, but the game's release date will be announced this month, also the full game will have an install size in excess of 23GB:
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/463371719982346240
I hope they don't rush it. Get everything right before the big release.
Not sure if they are gonna compress stuff further down the road.
I will be looking forward to getting my physical copy!
I hope it can be compressed some more for the installer. 23GB is over half the monthly download quota in the house I live in.
VanishedOne: I hope it can be compressed some more for the installer. 23GB is over half the monthly download quota in the house I live in.
Ouch. The only good thing I have to say about my ISP is that I don't have a cap. The download speed and the price is ridiculous, but they don't cap

But, I do think that if they're releasing here that you'll be able to download it in pieces. Not that it really solves your problem, but it does allow you to split it over months.

I do wonder what the system requirements on this game are. I'll have to check into that.
At that size the boxed copy is going to be on 6 or more DVDs, unless they use dual layer discs and then 4...yikes. Too bad bluray wasn't cheaper with the majority of computers being able to read one. I know my laptop can read it, but most people opted for the DVD drive only.
It could be worse I suppose, CDROM discs or floppies...
Post edited May 07, 2014 by VABlitz
hedwards: I do wonder what the system requirements on this game are. I'll have to check into that.
There's not yet reliable info about that. The game is still highly unoptimized, so it can lag badly even on a machine that can run more graphics heavy games with all the bells and whistles on.
hedwards: I do wonder what the system requirements on this game are. I'll have to check into that.
tomimt: There's not yet reliable info about that. The game is still highly unoptimized, so it can lag badly even on a machine that can run more graphics heavy games with all the bells and whistles on.
That's not surprising, I'm hoping that since my rig can handle FO:NV and things like that that I'll be OK, but I guess worst case I hold onto the game until I buy a new computer.

I think that RAM is likely to be the biggest issue with the game and I've got a full 4GB with slots to spare.
Crosmando: Just a FYI to any Wastelanders on GOG, but the game's release date will be announced this month, also the full game will have an install size in excess of 23GB:
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/463371719982346240
Whoa. I didn't expect it to be that big, TBH. First Tex Murphy (ok, that's heavy on movies, and all....) and now Wasteland 2 is gonna be one of the the biggest game on GOG in terms of file size. Until The Witcher 3 comes around, at least.
Post edited May 07, 2014 by Nergal01
Nergal01: Whoa. I didn't expect it to be that big, TBH. First Tex Murphy (ok, that's heavy on movies, and all....) and now Wasteland 2 is gonna be one of the the biggest game on GOG in terms of file size. Until The Witcher 3 comes around, at least.
It will probably be the biggest. Not even Witcher 2 (15.1 GB) is that big.
thrasherws: I will be looking forward to getting my physical copy!
It better be DRM free and not just a crappy steam code to DL DRM free copy
Nergal01: Whoa. I didn't expect it to be that big, TBH. First Tex Murphy (ok, that's heavy on movies, and all....) and now Wasteland 2 is gonna be one of the the biggest game on GOG in terms of file size. Until The Witcher 3 comes around, at least.
Neither did I. Because I do not see what it's heavy on. My guess is on the asset textures but I always get the impression they will do compression on those. The game has little voiceacting, movies and such, so it's probably not the multimedia department.
Grargar: It will probably be the biggest. Not even Witcher 2 (15.1 GB) is that big.
Tesla Effect is currently the biggest with a size of 15.5 GB.
Post edited May 07, 2014 by FoxySage
Right now it's 10.7GB and 9.5GB are unity3D scene files. So, it looks like texture maps would be correct.
I can't wait for this game to come to GOG!
Post edited May 08, 2014 by JinseiNGC224
JinseiNGC224: I can't wait for this game to come to GOG!
It will be here when the full game is released