It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
gamesfreak64: 14 or 20?

I buy pcgameplay (dutch/belgian) magazine every month, they said that there be 30 games
coming tot GOG
From the opening post of this thread:

"Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer."

Exactly how many are remaining, nobody knows.
omega64: It's a joke concerning the fact GOG is taking forever with the releases.
JudasIscariot: If we released them any faster then everyone would be in Silverhawk's situation. We don't want that, do we? :D
yes but if you release them any slower I'll be tempted to succumb to Steam's current sale of Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack.

I'm hoping you will be getting the game and maybe be able to do something to bring the multiplayer back to life.
gamesfreak64: 14 or 20?

I buy pcgameplay (dutch/belgian) magazine every month, they said that there be 30 games
coming tot GOG
Grargar: From the opening post of this thread:

"Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer."

Exactly how many are remaining, nobody knows.
gameplay said it, not me :D
the dutch/belgian members can read the article from the magazine in the attachment and confirm.

If PCgameplay made a counting error then its up to them, they placed the article in their magazine

i just shared what i read in the magazine
Post edited December 04, 2014 by gamesfreak64
omega64: It's a joke concerning the fact GOG is taking forever with the releases.
JudasIscariot: If we released them any faster then everyone would be in Silverhawk's situation. We don't want that, do we? :D
Need a few more sales (or a successful bank robbery) to get to that situation. ;)

Also, we aren't going to know what the exact number is for GOG's Lucasarts releases go. The first statement (the one that got discovered early and then nuked) said almost 30. Now it's stated as 20 plus. Same difference.

When will we get more Lucasarts games? When they're released.
When will that be? When GOG's ready to put them out.
What will the titles be? Who the hell knows. You tell me, I sold my crystal ball for game sale money months ago.

GOG won't put down anything more concrete than that since it's a frigging guarantee that if anything goes sideways, for any reason, no matter how valid, they end up having to deal with people freaking the hell out about it.
Post edited December 04, 2014 by CarrionCrow
gamesfreak64: gameplay said it, not me :D
the dutch/belgian members can read the article from the magazine in the attachment and confirm.

If PCgameplay made a counting error then its up to them, they placed the article in their magazine

The original newspost from GOG talked about 30 games, but then they changed it to 20+. So I would say that it's likely that we will get something between 25 and 29 Lucasfilm games.
gamesfreak64: gameplay said it, not me :D

PaterAlf: The original newspost from GOG talked about 30 games, but then they changed it to 20+. So I would say that it's likely that we will get something between 25 and 29 Lucasfilm games.
okay, like i said the dec 2014 issue of the magazine mentioned 30 total
but i assume that the contents for a monthly magazine are collcted weeks before so it might be 30 , but it can be less, lets asume the gameplay put the content together 2 weeks ago, then changes can always happen.

Its like a tv guide: these are printed with programs days before the new tv guide is avaialkble, digital info on the tv however can be updated at any time, thus making the contents of the tv guide obsolete.

I do hope that the classics will come those that were alson on c64/amiga...

there are a lot of lego starwars (3d) games, and frankly i am not lookin out for these,
i am hoping for the good games (no 3d stuff)

these i want:

day of the tentacle
maniac mansion
loom
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

the dig seems also nice...
Post edited December 04, 2014 by gamesfreak64
CarrionCrow: Snip......
What will the titles be? Who the hell knows. You tell me, I sold my crystal ball for game sale money months ago.
That is bad investment because you won't know the future.

Like I just bought Baldur Gate 1+2 Enhance edition recently and then they are on a sale now.
You know some of us don't have time to play games and only buy them to complete our collections of games we'd like to play if we had more time. What about us? We just want to be able to buy those games as soon as possible and keep them in our accounts for safekeeping. :P
Hey GOG, people are asking... ;-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2rn27u/more_lucasarts_games_coming_from_gog/