It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[UPDATE: 15.05.2015]
We've started importing the old Private Messages into Chat. :) It's a process so you will see them gradually being added to your conversations.

[ORIGINAL]

Hi all,

Many of you probably already know this - from the various hints we dropped here and there - but for quite some time now we have been hard at work on the brand new My Account section.

Since this is a very vital part of your experience at GOG.com (basically the one place that's 100% yours), and its release day is approaching pretty fast, I wanted to give you some heads-up and a brief overview of the changes that we have in store for you. Read on! :)

New things dedicated to your games:
-- Shared user wishlist. Yes, this highly requested feature will finally make its debut along with the new My Account. With just a few clicks, you will be able to decide whether your wishlist is private (viewable only by you), shared with friends (viewable only by you and people from your friends list, which is the default setting) or shared with everyone (because why not? ;)). You will get a handy link to your wishlist that you can share wherever and with whomever you like (a GOG.com Account is not required to view a wishlist shared with everyone). :)
-- Advanced filtering. We decided that, since your collections are getting bigger and bigger with each passing day, this is the perfect time to introduce some robust filtering options to both the Library AND Wishlist. Now, finding all your RPGs with Polish localization and co-op will be… well... finally possible. ;) It’s worth noting that the filtering options are based on your collection (so if you have no games with a Polish localization, you will not see the Polish option in the language filter).
-- User tags for the Library. With the new My Account, you will be able to create your own tags (up to 50), assign them to your games and movies and later use them to even better navigate and filter your collection. You will be able to assign multiple tags to each item in your collection and doing so will be possible from both your shelf/list directly or from the game/movie details.
-- Orders history. As part of the transition into the new My Account, we are retiring the "gifts" section, but in its place we are giving you a list of ALL your past orders and ALL your gifts, including the ones that have been given to you (finally). The orders history can be tailored and adjusted to your liking with a few clicks (for example, you can change it to list gifts only).
-- Changelogs. You will be able to view game changelogs directly on the new My Account page within the game details overlay. Of course, not every game will have it, but we will be keeping the changelogs up to date for the most popular, latest titles the same way we are doing right now on the forums.
-- Better organization of the downloads list. We improved the way downloads are organized on the game/movie details overlay. It will be easier to download the correct OS and language version of our installers and see which goodies are part of which DLC.

New things dedicated to communication:
-- Friends list. Already introduced in GOG Galaxy, the friends system is making its way to the GOG.com website as part of the new My Account section.
-- Chat. Old and weary private messages are retiring and are transformed into a new, live chat system. Chat will be available from both GOG Galaxy and My Account. Don't worry, all your past conversations that were conducted via private messages will be imported and preserved in the chat (and you will now be able to continue them live!).

Smaller but notable improvements:
-- Proper game versioning. With the new My Account, we will start to display the actual game version in the downloads on the game details overlay, so you will be able to easily identify if the version you have on your computer is the latest one, or it needs updating.
-- Improved navigation. Now it will be easier to jump straight into the store page, support, and forums relevant to each item in your collection.
-- Locale settings. Change your preferred currency and website / newsletter language directly on My Account to have them stored within your profile.
-- Pagination. We brought back the much requested, tried-and-true pagination view to the new My Account. This change is dictated mostly by your convenience but also by performance / stability for accounts with bigger collections (and with better performance, we are improving your convenience at the same time:)). The default size of each page is 100 items, but we believe that with the myriad of new filtering options it won't be a problem.
-- Text titles. The new My Account will display game/movie titles in text form, both on the list and shelf views. No more deciphering the logos on small boxes! :)
-- Mobile device support. Yes, viewing My Account on your mobile device will no longer be a chore.
-- COMING SOON: Proper graphics and links for all titles. We are conducting a little clean up in this area. Pretty sooan all games should have proper graphics and links in place.
-- COMING SOON: 5 new shelf skins. We are starting with only 1 skin (the classic wood), but soon after release we will add a bunch of new styles. It's purely a visual thing, so we didn't want to focus on that before release. Since many of you requested new styles, we will be introducing them pretty soon.
-- COMING SOON: Improved searching. Soon, finding desired titles will be easier thanks to the search improvements that we'll be implementing on the new My Account. Also, as part of the solution, we will be changing the way that titles from a series are ordered (i.e. Broken Sword should always show up before Broken Sword 2).

Of course the full list of changes and improvements is much longer, but highlights should give you a nice overview of what is coming. Hope you like it already, and that you will love it when we release it in just a few days. :)

Lastly, I wanted to point out the two important things that all of you should keep in mind:
-- The change is mandatory. We love freedom of choice, and we love giving it to you whenever it's possible, but unfortunately in this case it's not possible. Maintaining two, completely separate products dedicated to the same things would negatively impact both of them on all fronts. Performance, scalability, our ability to improve and expand them, but most importantly your convenience - as some of the new features were not possible to implement on the old My Account - would all be impacted.
-- Manual sorting is no more. We have decided to skip this functionality because it was beyond our reach to deliver the quality we wanted to. We decided it would be better if we were focused on the numerous other options requested by you.

Hope all of this gives you a clear vision what to expect in the coming days. Also please rest assured that we already have plans on how to develop the My Account section in the near and distant future: what to add, what should be changed a bit, etc., but we are always open to your feedback - so jump in and share your opinion. :)

Take care,
Chamb & The Website Team
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Chamb
high rated
Hi all,

Thanks for all the feeback and keep it coming! We are carefully reading every post in this topic and making some notes (but please understand we cannot respond to each of you ;)).

As for the chat replacing PMs - which seems to be to most hot topic - here are few more details:
-- By default you will be able chat with everyone on GOG.com - they don't have to be your friends.
-- You will be able to change you default privacy settings to "friends only" or block it completely.
-- You will be able to start conversation the same way you did with PMs - by finding specific user on GOG.com. Previously it was limited only to the forums, but with the new My Account we will be extending that to product reviews, community wishlist, GOGmixes (basically to every place user avatar and name appears on GOG.com).
-- You can chat with multiple people at the same time, but each conversation is 1:1. There are no rooms and/or group conversations.
-- The new chat interface look a lot like the PMs, so it will feel pretty familiar.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by Chamb
OK, just saw it, and as was to be expected for day one, it's a mess.

2 big problems I just experienced

- Sorting doesn't work properly. When I sort my games by genre (RPG), many of my RPGs are missing (Pillars, the whole Avernum series... You get the idea). They are in the general listing, but don't appear in any "genre" sorted list.

- GOG downloader links are a mess. I wanted to download Nexus : The Jupiter Incident, and tried to use the downloader. It sent me to a mostly blank page, with 8 headers (game, patch, etc...) but only 2 links. I can still download the game, but I have no way to know it is the current version (since there is an empty "windows : patch" header, so I don't know if it means "no patch and we put the header for the lulz" or "there is a patch, but we messed up the link")
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Kardwill
I like the new library view myself, well list view... grid view I've never been a fan off. Pretty easy to find stuff in my opinion.
I'm thinking about backing up my installers and using that instead of the new library :/
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Aemenyn
Chamb: [...]
Uhm, will we get a chance to access our old Private Messages again? I have some stuff there I would like to backup. Also, I would like to add some of those old as friends, I don't remember all the names. :(
Post edited May 11, 2015 by ShadowOwl
Chamb: Apologies for not making it clear in my initial post that they will not be ready at the same moment as the new My Account.
It wasn't clear because there was no mention of it not being available with the new Account section from the start. Also there was no response when some people asked for a time frame for the implementation of this complete Account overhaul either.
I like it.

The only complaint that people can actually have is that gog downloader links are kinda hard to get. Other than that I fail to see why would one complain, other then for the sake of complaining of course.

Also the suggestion of adding year as a filter is cool. Might be useful, so you should look into it.
I try my best not to grumble about new changes just because they're new, and especially if you're improving and fixing stuff, and it is not done yet, so thank you all for all your hard work!
With that in mind,
Chamb: -- Advanced filtering. We decided that, since your collections are getting bigger and bigger with each passing day, this is the perfect time to introduce some robust filtering options to both the Library AND Wishlist. Now, finding all your RPGs with Polish localization and co-op will be… well... finally possible. ;) It’s worth noting that the filtering options are based on your collection (so if you have no games with a Polish localization, you will not see the Polish option in the language filter).
-- User tags for the Library. With the new My Account, you will be able to create your own tags (up to 50), assign them to your games and movies and later use them to even better navigate and filter your collection. You will be able to assign multiple tags to each item in your collection and doing so will be possible from both your shelf/list directly or from the game/movie details.
Small suggestion: When selecting a filter, would it be possible to show the number of games fit that description? Currently, it just shows the total, no matter what (eg. "MY COLLECTION: (108)").
Another small suggestion: Could it display the filters you're filtering by (perhaps besides the "MY COLLECTION" line instead of having to constantly check the drop-down lists to see which you chose).
Final small suggestion: As someone mentioned, sorting and filtering by year!
Post edited May 11, 2015 by babark
Chamb: Apologies for not making it clear in my initial post that they will not be ready at the same moment as the new My Account.
stg83: It wasn't clear because there was no mention of it not being available with the new Account section from the start. Also there was no response when some people asked for a time frame for the implementation of this complete Account overhaul either.
Well they did say in the next few days in the OP... that should have told you today or tomorrow when it posted on Friday. :P
sbolokanov: The only complaint that people can actually have is that gog downloader links are kinda hard to get.
A switch in the setting to add GOG Downloader links a again would be sweet. Barefoot Essentials might do the trick in the future. :)
Post edited May 11, 2015 by ShadowOwl
moonshineshadow: And gone is the nice shelf view and we are forced to have the galaxy client shelf style. But of course this was only done to improve the website and since we all wanted this right?
It's not a Galaxy Client Shelf. This new account style you speak of was prepared for GOG website overhaul year ago, it just didn't make it on time so it was delayed and revamped to include tags, orders history and other requested things.

As for the new style appearing in Galaxy first - we had to present your games in Galaxy somehow, and knowing that the old account will be phased out, redesigning it to accommodate install option only to trash it few months later was pointless.

TL;DR; New account style was planned for the website, with Galaxy or without,
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Destro
sbolokanov: The only complaint that people can actually have is that gog downloader links are kinda hard to get.
ShadowOwl: A switch in the setting to add GOG Downloader links a again would be sweet.
Yeah for thouse that need it, it's the only sane way.

Blues: public wishlist thingy is not working. It's opening an empty page with just the line "Not found".
moonshineshadow: And gone is the nice shelf view and we are forced to have the galaxy client shelf style. But of course this was only done to improve the website and since we all wanted this right?
Destro: It's not a Galaxy Client Shelf. This new account style you speak of was prepared for GOG website overhaul year ago, it just didn't make it on time so it was delayed and revamped to include tags, orders history and other requested things.

As for the new style appearing in Galaxy first - we had to present your games in Galaxy somehow, and knowing that the old account will be phased out, redesigning it to accommodate install option only to trash it few months later was pointless.

ok, so it was just bad timing, that makes things a little better :-)

(I still don't like the style) :P

In regards for suggestions: Could we have an option for the chat to not sent messages automatically when pressing "enter"? That would be great.
Destro: It's not a Galaxy Client Shelf. This new account style you speak of was prepared for GOG website overhaul year ago, it just didn't make it on time so it was delayed and revamped to include tags, orders history and other requested things.

Thanks for the info Destro, but I feel this is one of those things where you won't please everyone and someone will have something to complain about...

BKGaming: Thanks for the info Destro, but I feel this is one of those things where you won't please everyone and someone will have something to complain about...
I'm fully aware of it, but just want to get facts straight.
Destro: TL;DR; New account style was planned for the website, with Galaxy or without,
Maybe, I liked the old one a lot better. This one isn't nearly grey enough.