It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
elcook: There have been a few questions dropped after my previous post, so let me address that.

Who we call those mystery "active users"? And why these are not only long-time forum users?

So an active user means lots of things, but in general it's a user which in a selected time frame (be it 1 week, 30 days, 3 months, etc.) was interacting with GOG in any way - it can be a post on the forums, a purchase, adding game to a wishlist, etc. These are users who have GOG accounts, and are still using the service, and show interest in what we have on offer. That's why if you saw a user who had only 5 rep points and they got a free game, it means the user might not be a frequent forum poster, but they are still interacting with GOG in other ways.
Well done! I do get disappointed in only seeing folks identify "active forum users" as active in the GOG community. Tons of people read the forums without posting, and although it's "just" reading, they are still a part of the store's gang that, were it a brick and mortar store, would have been fined for loitering many times over.

elcook: And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here. And I do understand where they are coming from, the messaging we did was misinterpreted and the whole thing was overhyped.
Yes! But also, that's the Internet.

Thanks for going above and beyond to be clear about the generous giveaway!
Tallima: (image)
BlueMooner: Only from the neck up?! What a tease you are!!
Here's my bottom!

http://www.triadfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/iStock_000028291134Medium1.jpg
Post edited April 18, 2018 by Tallima
elcook: There have been a few questions dropped after my previous post, so let me address that.

Who we call those mystery "active users"? And why these are not only long-time forum users?

So an active user means lots of things, but in general it's a user which in a selected time frame (be it 1 week, 30 days, 3 months, etc.) was interacting with GOG in any way - it can be a post on the forums, a purchase, adding game to a wishlist, etc. These are users who have GOG accounts, and are still using the service, and show interest in what we have on offer. That's why if you saw a user who had only 5 rep points and they got a free game, it means the user might not be a frequent forum poster, but they are still interacting with GOG in other ways.

How many games were given out?

In total, there were more than 10k games given away to GOG users.

What games were given out?

Thanks to our great partners we were able to give out most of the titles that you can find in the Most Wanted Sale.

And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here. And I do understand where they are coming from, the messaging we did was misinterpreted and the whole thing was overhyped.
But the whole purpose of this was us wanting to give out free games to GOG users, and we decided to give you a heads up about it. We will definitely be more careful next time we prepare communication for such event, but I'd like you to understand our intension was to make you happy about it, while you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win.

Hope that clears it a bit.
Thanks for the communication and shout out to the great partners for providing the games!
Cant speak for anyone else, but this specific format of GOG sale is getting VERY worn out. ANY kind of different gimmick would be welcome. Even insomnia
kohlrak: I flap my arms, but that is not enough for you?
Must not be. You didn't make the bigoted remark towards me again.

elcook: And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here.
Maybe some of us are just fed up with 5 closed (edit: plus a still open one) tickets without resolution, 2 emails to your legal address that have been ignored and a broken login with security issues that was reported back in December that's also been ignored.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by drmike
so curious.. are any other titles going on sale during the week or is it just the listed 150 odd titles on offer now?

if no new titles then no purchases for me for the next week, which is good.
kohlrak: The announcement came friday. We know that the majority, if not all, gog employees have off on the weekends, just from how nothing ever gets posted on the weekends. GOG also extends their offers and such to areas where they're not strong on the language (like english).
I agree with Breja here - technically you are correct, but this is PR101.

If you aren't 200% sure you've perfected your message, don't put something out on a Friday afternoon for something happening Monday morning.

Esp if you're going to be closed for the weekend, announce it on, say, Thursday, so you have a chance to observe the reaction and clarify as needed, because things that could have been easily clarified when it came out of the gate, spiral if left to fester. And presumably they didn't decide they were doing this Friday over lunch, so the timing seems careless more than born of necessity.

FWIW, I'm not mad at GOG, nor do I assume forum-goers are their primary source of revenue, I just think it's a bit ...sloppy...
Post edited April 18, 2018 by bler144

How many games were given out?

In total, there were more than 10k games given away to GOG users.

What games were given out?

Thanks to our great partners we were able to give out most of the titles that you can find in the Most Wanted Sale.

And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here. And I do understand where they are coming from, the messaging we did was misinterpreted and the whole thing was overhyped.
But the whole purpose of this was us wanting to give out free games to GOG users, and we decided to give you a heads up about it. We will definitely be more careful next time we prepare communication for such event, but I'd like you to understand our intension was to make you happy about it, while you don't have to do anything to be eligible to win.

Hope that clears it a bit.
It's not very often that I agree with the gog reps on the forums, but, as i've said before in this post, this is one issue that is out of control. What i'm reading between the lines in this, is that you guys did something really nice for us, and now you regret it, because some people get jealous. Please, don't stop doing nice things just because people can't appreciate it. I have (still do, and perhaps always will) have tensions regarding GOG staff, and perhaps that's inevitable. However, We have to give due credit. GOG was in no way wrong in this scenario. This is the first thing in a long time that you guys have done right from the beginning.

yojimbo97: What's the deal with this event? I did get a free copy of 'Thimbleweed Park' that was on my wishlist, so that was nice. But didn't everyone get a game, or just certain people, or just certain games?

There was no notification in Galaxy, just an email informing me of the game being granted. And while I knew of the sale I knew nothing about them giving stuff away. I'm confused but freebies are always welcome.....
No, not everyone did. Given the nature of the giveaway, not everyone could get free copies of games. GOG did us a solid (those of us who did get something), and they simultaneously owe nothing to those who didn't get. There's a wonderful bible story to quote about this, but the people complaining probably wouldn't care.

kohlrak: I flap my arms, but that is not enough for you?
drmike: Must not be. You didn't make the bigoted remark towards me again.
My rep is above 5 and I got a game. Is that clear enough for you, or is it still dangling in the clouds?
elcook: And just to finish, I'd like to say it's a great pity to see all those angry posts here.
Maybe some of us are just fed up with 5 closed (edit: plus a still open one) tickets without resolution, 2 emails to your legal address that have been ignored and a broken login with security issues that was reported back in December that's also been ignored.
I have to agree. This is where the real issues are, but these issues have nothing to do with this sale and giveaway. I'm going to condemn GOG where it deserves it, and praise GOG where it deserves it. This sale and giveaway is praise worthy. The Galaxy creep, lack of communication on things they're obligated to communicate with us (which wasn't the case, here, as they actually did respond appropriately within appropriate time, and really above and beyond the call of duty), blasting both devs and customers, the security flaws, etc, is worthy of condemnation. Turning something good into a proxy battle for the things they do do wrong is not going to solve anything, and only make the problem worse.
kohlrak: The announcement came friday. We know that the majority, if not all, gog employees have off on the weekends, just from how nothing ever gets posted on the weekends. GOG also extends their offers and such to areas where they're not strong on the language (like english).
bler144: I agree with Breja here - technically you are correct, but this is PR101.

If you aren't 200% sure you've perfected your message, don't put something out on a Friday afternoon for something happening Monday morning.

Esp if you're going to be closed for the weekend, announce it on, say, Thursday, so you have a chance to observe the reaction and clarify as needed, because things that could have been easily clarified when it came out of the gate, spiral if left to fester. And presumably they didn't decide they were doing this Friday over lunch, so the timing seems careless more than born of necessity.

FWIW, I'm not mad at GOG, nor do I assume forum-goers are their primary source of revenue, I just think it's a bit ...sloppy...
Well, to be fair, this is indeed a problem GOG has: they're not exactly the most formal and professional company. They're not exactly top dog in the industry. But, that's precisely why we like them: they're informal, cool, sometimes laid back (unfortunately, sometimes not), more interested in delivering in our interests rather than solely their own. This benefit comes with it's own costs. Just like the freedom of adulthood: it comes with the cost of responsibility.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by kohlrak
kohlrak: Just like the freedom of adulthood: it comes with the cost of responsibility.
Interesting theory, though maybe I'm not following.

I'm not expecting them to spend 7 figures on a flawless Madison Ave media campaign and Super Bowl halftime spot. ;)

Just, y'know, figure that if you put something out at the end of the week that's ambiguous (perhaps intentionally so in this case as an intended tease) a lot of people will be confused and potentially go down the wrong alley.

It's like knowing enough not to send a vaguely worded text to your spouse/significant other like "I'm going off to Thailand for 3 weeks. Did you know they have underage prostitutes there?" and then not emailing for several days afterwards to clarify those were actually unrelated, while actually heading off to your Laundry Cleaners convention in Toledo you forgot to tell him/her about.

It's the kind of thing you probably thought was funny when you were 20, and maybe even did on purpose - but by the time you've put on another decade or two, have presumably learned it's a bad idea.

Personally I was confused by the email but deleted it as the sort of crap promotion Fanatical always puts out and wouldn't have thought more of it if these entertaining threads hadn't come about. That said, as much as I think Fanatical's promotions are crap (aside from the bundles and Star Deal format), they at least seem to know how to be straightforward about what they are promising/delivering.

And business-wise they seem to be on about the same tier is GOG, maybe even lower. So I'm not super inclined to buy this argument that just because they aren't Steam hey, anything goes man.
kohlrak: Just like the freedom of adulthood: it comes with the cost of responsibility.
bler144: Interesting theory, though maybe I'm not following.

I'm not expecting them to spend 7 figures on a flawless Madison Ave media campaign and Super Bowl halftime spot. ;)

Just, y'know, figure that if you put something out at the end of the week that's ambiguous (perhaps intentionally so in this case as an intended tease) a lot of people will be confused and potentially go down the wrong alley.

It's like knowing enough not to send a vaguely worded text to your spouse/significant other like "I'm going off to Thailand for 3 weeks. Did you know they have underage prostitutes there?" and then not emailing for several days afterwards to clarify those were actually unrelated, while actually heading off to your Laundry Cleaners convention in Toledo you forgot to tell him/her about.

It's the kind of thing you probably thought was funny when you were 20, and maybe even did on purpose - but by the time you've put on another decade or two, have presumably learned it's a bad idea.

Personally I was confused by the email but deleted it as the sort of crap promotion Fanatical always puts out and wouldn't have thought more of it if these entertaining threads hadn't come about. That said, as much as I think Fanatical's promotions are crap (aside from the bundles and Star Deal format), they at least seem to know how to be straightforward about what they are promising/delivering.

And business-wise they seem to be on about the same tier is GOG, maybe even lower. So I'm not super inclined to buy this argument that just because they aren't Steam hey, anything goes man.
My argument is more simple. GOG is a mom-and-pop store that found its way onto the internet. We sign up knowing and understanding that they're in over their heads. It's like giving a 5 year old 20 bucks and expecting him not to buy our the candy isle. He'll learn after he gets sick on the candy. Next time, it'll be Hotwheels, since candy makes you sick. GOG's slowly, slowly learning, but it does seem to be. We just can't play this game and expect the child not to do these things. It makes us just as childish.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by kohlrak
falloutttt: guys, dont waste your money on stupid games, just buy Divinity: Original Sin 2. there's no better game out there!

that is all, thank you!
Thanks for the recommendation! That game is on my radar now.
viranimus: Even insomnia
Woah let's not go overboard there. This thread is REALLY getting out of control.
falloutttt: ...there's no better game out there!...
Just looking at your username, I'd say you're contradicting yourself by at least 3 games. :P
viranimus: Even insomnia
Telika: Woah let's not go overboard there. This thread is REALLY getting out of control.
Hey, wait, I love the Insomnia sale and GOG is still the best!
Breja: 3. Anyone with a half a brain who's been on the internet for more than a day in his life should be able to predict people blowing things out of proportion. No particular PR skillset required, just basic knowledge of how the internet culture works.
as sure as eggs is eggs ... amen! :D
high rated
Wow, haven't really been following this thread but checked in when I saw there was a Blue post...

Seriously, how the hell do you people manage to complain about GOG giving away literally 1000s of expensive games?

I didn't win anything from the main giveaway, though I did win a copy of Baldur's Gate from the associated Gamespot giveaway which I may or may not ever play, but I don't care. It would have been nice if they gifted me something nice off my wishlist but in the time I've been here and active half my library is probably made up of games GOG gave me for free in one form or another.
Very little on my wishlist is in the sale, so that's probably one reason I didn't win anything too as I obviously can't win if nothing that was offered was on my wishlist and I imagine judging from the earlier comments a lot of us are in the same boat.
But unless you assume GOG is down right lying about these being popular wishlisted games (which I don't) then the people who do have them wishlisted are probably the silent majority, the ones who buy a game or two every week or other week on sale so it makes sense they are the ones winning (and frankly it makes much more sense for GOG to reward regular spenders than it does for them to reward people who hang about on the forum or people who happened to be here for a number of years).

I honestly don't see that GOG even miscommunicated the nature of the event, it should have been fairly clear they were never giving away a game from every single user's wishlist, for a number of reasons that would have been impossible. And the actual outcome (random gifts to thousands of people who fit the criteria of being active and had the right games wishlisted) is what any sane person should have expected upon reading the email or tweet.

This is the reason I don't spend much time here any more. GOG owes you nothing more than the service you pay for, which is the ability to download DRM free games. Sure, they can do better in a quite a few areas, but their generosity towards their customers is not an area they struggle in. Be happy if you got a freebie. If you didn't then wait 6 weeks and they will probably be giving out some more, or you know, buy the game you want.