It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

150+ deals up to 85% off in the Most Wanted Games Sale

UPDATE: Still on the hunt? The Saints Row and Metro series just got added to our Most Wanted list for up to 75% off, so all you quality-seeking desperados know what to do!

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist is key to a happy lifestyle.
Case in point, we just launched a sale on over one hundred fifty of the most wishlisted games and DLC on GOG.COM.

That's not the only reason to have a wishlist – give a few pointers to your friends, family, and rich internet strangers; accidentally send it to all your contacts (oops); or if you're waiting for the sale, which you are, we'll let you know when it's time to spend some cash (it's now).

So what tops our community's wishlists?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions hold the #1 spot – grab the complete Game of the Year Edition at 60% off, or continue the story with Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine both 50% off.
A close second – Planescape: Torment – the legendary RPG's Enhanced Edition is 67% off right now. Followed by the genre-defining Baldur's Gate II in third place – now at 75% off the Enhanced Edition.

The GOG.COM community has an excellent taste in games – the Most Wanted Sale also features Divinity: Original Sin 2 (-15%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-35%), Darkest Dungeon (-60%), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), SUPERHOT (-50%), Deus Ex (-85%) and over a hundred more up to 85% off!

Do right by your GOG.COM wishlist with the Most Wanted Games Sale, lasting until April 23, 10 PM UTC.
BlueMooner: Why are you so handsome?
It's my genes, I guess.

:-p

I tend to edit the blues text when I quote bc its so fun to see blue text say what you want it to say. :)
Post edited April 17, 2018 by Tallima
3 of 12 on sale. Two of those being the ones I'd be least inclined to actually buy right now.

One has been on the WL for years and is always on sale for 75% off (Bastion) and I've passed on the same price dozens of times. Not sure why it's still on my WL. Another is Witcher 3 expansion when I haven't actually finished the main quest yet, and have lost my place in the story so I'd probably have to start over now.

The other is Torment: Tides of Numenera, and current sale price is meh, esp. considering it was in a bundle with other good stuff for an extra 16-20% off just a few weeks ago.

So this sale is a hard pass from me unless I pick up an old Forgotten Realms pack or something. And no free gift, but I wasn't expecting one.

That said, sales come and sales go, but even as someone who didn't believe they were giving us free stuff (and I did get the email) I find the communication around this sale a bit disappointing. Not sure I really buy that most of what's on sale is really topping wish lists out there, but maybe it is.
romgb: *sigh* besides not getting any games (I never win anything, so not even surprised), the sale was a really letdown.
I was expecting some new discounts for some of my wishlisted games, and got nothing rly worthy it.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do.
All you can do is wait for the next sale and hope.
PaterAlf: It seems that most people want different games than me. I have 173 titles on my wishlist and only 12 of them are on sale. :(
15 of 156 for me and only a couple are over 40%. I guess we own the most wishlisted games already?
What I'd like to know is why does the banner for this sale have a War of the Worlds Tripod on it when Gog doesn't carry that game?
romgb: *sigh* besides not getting any games (I never win anything, so not even surprised), the sale was a really letdown.
I was expecting some new discounts for some of my wishlisted games, and got nothing rly worthy it.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do.
Firefox31780: All you can do is wait for the next sale and hope.
Indeed.
Tallima: I tend to edit the blues text when I quote bc its so fun to see blue text say what you want it to say. :)
Cool. I was just wondering because I didn't see any edit tag on his post, making me wonder if blues can edit their posts without it showing, which would be rather shady...

As to the other part, that was my second question. Hopefully you'll PM me links to your naked pix for uh.... educational purposes.
11 of 21 games on my wishlist discounted. But most still way off my target price, yet I got the Forgotten Realms bundle cheaply. Perhaps it takes time to hit our target prices, or we have what we wanted. It's not that sales are rare on gog. I wont complain. I have patience and already a huge back catalog of games to play... Especially since I usually prefer genres that take time to play anyway...
the sad truth is every game I would play is already in my library... do you feel sorry for me?
ecamber: Thanks for the free game off my wishlist GOG! A very nice surprise :)
Congratulations and have a nice play! :)
Could you, please, tell us the title? Is it Transistor perhaps?
troyleegog: I had 3 of my 11 on sale for 80% off each. (Forgotten Realms The Archive Collection 1-3). That's 6 bucks for the entire SSI gold box series + eye of the beholder 1-3. Thanks GOG.
These 3 packs are definitely the best offer here. It's great that GOG brought the games here. One of the reasons I love GOG.
I'm also happy that the games are delivered with Linux installers. They're DosBox-based, of course, so it's no bug deal to do that, but it's still not obvious for other publishers.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
My free game was the Gabriel Knight remaster – great :) Bought some games yesterday – nice sale! Thanks gog.
Who are the characters from the banner? I see Geralt of course – but the rest?
https://www.google.com/search?q=false+advertising

False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information
From Twitter:

We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!
From emails:

We'll be granting thousands of wishes to active GOG.COM members on Monday, April 16. Awesome, right? We're not mind readers though, so, you know...

START YOUR WISHLIST
The advertising: Free wishlist items.

The requirements: Active, member, April 16, start wishlist

The quantity: Thousands

It's the last part, "thousands", is where the misleading occurs. How many customers does GOG have? One thousand? Ten thousand? One hundred thousand? Nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine (999'999)? If it's less than 1 million, then ALL of GOG's customers are part of the "thousands" that were promised a free wishlist item, if they meet the requirements of being an active member with a started wishlist on April 16.

And, of course, if GOG does have 1 million or more customers, then did they give away 999'999 games? Maybe not.

A lawyer would tear GOG apart over this. What's so damning about it is GOG never bothered clarify the terms of their giveaway. Namely that it's some kind of lottery, which again, could possibly create some legal problems in jurisdictions where lotteries are regulated or illegal. The use of the word "active" to describe eligible lottery entrants was not clarified with the common phrase "no purchase necessary".

Unnamed free games were allegedly given to an unnamed group of people. Observers have no choice but to view GOG's intentions in this situation very negatively. This could be a huge can of worms.

I'm as much a fan of GOG as anyone can be, but I fear GOG may have set themselves up for harsh interpretations of their advertising methods. GOG should probably consult their attorneys to figure out how to cover their butts in case government regulators start asking questions.

For myself, I'm so grateful for all the nice games GOG has made available, I'm not mad even though I feel like I was misled. I can forgive this one screw-up, but hopefully GOG employees will read this message and understand they need to take action quickly to prepare for damage control, if it is needed.
Post edited April 17, 2018 by badon
zoranov: ... why does the banner for this sale have a War of the Worlds Tripod on it when Gog doesn't carry that game?
Maybe you are onto something like a hinted new release ;-)
Themken: A good reason why some new, big games stay on the wishlists is that buying an expensive game is one thing (say €50) but buying a new computer in order to be able to play it is quite another kind of money (say €1200+).
Yes! Listen to this guy! System requirements are a big deal. They can make or break the financial success of a game, regardless of the cost of the game. Would I be more likely to spend $50 for an awesome new release if it worked on my old hardware? Yes! I have been greatly enjoying a lot of nice games, both new and old, that have low-spec system requirements. All the money I save by not buying a new PC every 18 months can be spent on games instead.

My manifesto:

Low-spec HARDWARE WALL keeping customers away from a SOFTWARE BUSINESS : /r/lowendgaming

The ease of finding low-spec games on GOG.com is probably my #2 most favorite thing about GOG. Being DRM-free is my #1 most favorite thing :)
zoranov: ... why does the banner for this sale have a War of the Worlds Tripod on it when Gog doesn't carry that game?
Themken: Maybe you are onto something like a hinted new release ;-)
Good catch! I didn't notice that until you pointed it out!
Post edited April 17, 2018 by badon
well, without last week promo it's 12% of wishlist, and most of the discounts are even smaller than usual.
not a big deal, actually, but if this is all we'll get, I think GOG really should've tried to slow down that hypetrain. because either 'Witcher Adventure Game' or 'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream' are most wishlisted games here or 40-50% off base price of the game in digital store is considered super cheap.