It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How to live another life in another world?

Bethesda is well known for creating stories that take you to the unknown places and games that redefine their genres. Let's start with a blood-drenched, adrenaline-fuelled FPS experience like no other in Doom (-67%), and then go to Gothic flavored legendary FPS Quake (-67%). How about an alien world with a bit of magic in Morrowind (-67%) or Oblivion (-67%) that opened the mainstream window for the fantasy games?

Bethesda catalog wouldn't be complete without the Fallout series (-75%), where the studio went nuclear in post-apocalyptic Washington. Visit Vault 108 to face Gary clones and find out why the Vault's 101 door remained sealed since the war.

All the Bethesda games on GOG.COM are now up to 75% off.

The Bethesda Publisher Sale ends July 31th, 1 PM UTC.
What's the consensus on Doom 3 BFG? I see mostly universal praise for Doom 3 and mostly universal disdain for BFG. Is it backlash for a perceived cashgrab or is this version worse somehow (buggy or something)?
DavidOrion93: As not to be a Negative Nancy, I'd like to thank Big B and Gog for sale. I look forward to trying out the infamous horse armor.
LOL. I guess that was aimed at me. First time I have been called that.

I guess it is better to have some rather than none.

But as I already have every single one of those some, it is not me who is the negative one.

I am positive about buying more ... if only they were available.

Are you denying there is a negative attitude toward GOG, by the likes of Bethesda ... if not totally in their case?

One can be pleased they have added some here, as I am, but honestly - what about the rest?
Naathir: It's not only Bethesda. Pretty much every big developer stopped adding new games except for those who are more pro GOG like THQ Nordic. I would love some of the next games in established franchises to arrive here like AC II and Brotherhood, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age II, Skyrim and many many more. Basically any good old game. But it seems they have no intention to release more games in here. Atleast not anytime soon. Or maybe we will have some surprises in the near future.
For sure, and GOG are probably in a constant battle for their survival in the negative landscape that is Publishers and Developers doubts and fears ... not to mention greed, at times.
Post edited July 30, 2019 by Timboli
DavidOrion93: As not to be a Negative Nancy, I'd like to thank Big B and Gog for sale. I look forward to trying out the infamous horse armor.
Timboli: LOL. I guess that was aimed at me. First time I have been called that.

I guess it is better to have some rather than none.

But as I already have every single one of those some, it is not me who is the negative one.

I am positive about buying more ... if only they were available.

Are you denying there is a negative attitude toward GOG, by the likes of Bethesda ... if not totally in their case?

One can be pleased they have added some here, as I am, but honestly - what about the rest?
Oh no. It was meant to be aimed at myself. I was putting down Big B in another thread about quakecon steam sale, not thinking that Bethesda would soon follow up with gog sale (and in other online stores). My apologies to you.

As to your question, I don't really see anything preventing big publishers from putting all their games on gog. If small devs can do multiple stores, AAA corps can too. And I'm just not that interested in Bethesda's new Wolf3d/Doom games.
DavidOrion93: Oh no. It was meant to be aimed at myself. I was putting down Big B in another thread about quakecon steam sale, not thinking that Bethesda would soon follow up with gog sale (and in other online stores). My apologies to you.
Goodo, no worries, thanks for clearing that up. :)
Could someone who has a balance in their gog wallet buy oblivion for me ? I have no balance on my prepaid card and I don't think I can buy before the sale is over. I offer you a copy of the original divinity sin I have in my account
spds100: I offer you a copy of the original divinity sin I have in my account
Oi. That's the unused bonus code from the DOS Collector's Edition?
spds100: I offer you a copy of the original divinity sin I have in my account
JackknifeJohnson: Oi. That's the unused bonus code from the DOS Collector's Edition?
yes
These sales are helpful when rebuying games just to have a drm free verison.
GOG.com: How to live another life in another world?

Bethesda is well known for creating stories that take you to the unknown places and games that redefine their genres. Let's start with a blood-drenched, adrenaline-fuelled FPS experience like no other in Doom (-67%), and then go to Gothic flavored legendary FPS Quake (-67%). How about an alien world with a bit of magic in Morrowind (-67%) or Oblivion (-67%) that opened the mainstream window for the fantasy games?

Bethesda catalog wouldn't be complete without the Fallout series (-75%), where the studio went nuclear in post-apocalyptic Washington. Visit Vault 108 to face Gary clones and find out why the Vault's 101 door remained sealed since the war.

Bethesda did not create Doom or Quake.

Both of those franchises were created by ID Software at least 20 years ago when ID Software was an independent company before becoming a part of Bethesda.
GOG.com: How to live another life in another world?

TheBigCore: Bethesda did not create Doom or Quake.

Both of those franchises were created by ID Software at least 20 years ago when ID Software was an independent company before becoming a part of Bethesda.
It´s just a marketing speech. of course, we all, GOG included, know that :)
I hate these new, earlier ending times of the promos, missed it the second time. Why changing it? I guess GOG already have enough sales and do not need more money...
Post edited July 31, 2019 by eiii
eiii: I hate these new, earlier ending times of the promos, missed it the second time. Why changing it? I guess GOG already have enough sales and do not need more money...
Did you wait until the last minute to buy or were you just unaware until now?
I always thought the overlapping Weekly Sales were confusion. I guess that is why GoG finally changed that. Of course they could have communicated the change better as most people were not sure if it was an incorrect timer or an intentional change.
tfishell: Did you wait until the last minute to buy or were you just unaware until now?
I was undecided about buying Fallout 3, New Vegas or Oblivion. I wanted to pick at least one of these before the sale ends. But as I came home yesterday and wanted to buy New Vegas it already was back to full price and the sale had ended. As I already had missed the end of the weekly sale, but thought it only was one of GOG's many mistakes, I've checked the still running sales. And all of them do end 9 hours earlier now, which for me effectively means that they end a day earlier. I always thought that GOG are in need of more money, but obviously they are not when they are going to shorten the sales.

RWarehall: I always thought the overlapping Weekly Sales were confusion.
I rather found it a good reminder and opportunity to buy the games you wanted from the old sale while checking the new weekly sale.

RWarehall: I guess that is why GoG finally changed that. Of course they could have communicated the change better as most people were not sure if it was an incorrect timer or an intentional change.
But they did not only shorten the weekly sale, they have shortened all the sales.

As far as I remember, when they started with the weekly sales they already had a bad ending time (which still was later then the current one). And I already missed several sales back then, because the sales effectively were ending at the weekend for me, when I often have no time. After people were complaining they changed the ending time. So why switching to such an early ending time now?
Post edited August 01, 2019 by eiii
Yeah, I missed FO3 too (and maybe Oblivion).
Next time, I guess.