It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

totaldepravity: My number one spot for metal is tied between Crimson Glory and WASP.
W.A.S.P. is pretty underrated nowadays but they've released some killer albums and apparently they're close to releasing a new one!
Sachys: Not exactly metal, but one for fans of OLD Ministry / ATR and Hardcore: HO99O9
What counts as old Ministry? When I was in high school old Ministry was techno and new Ministry was Psalm 69, but that was 20 years ago and I haven't been keeping up.
Sachys: Not exactly metal, but one for fans of OLD Ministry / ATR and Hardcore: HO99O9
tinyE: What counts as old Ministry? When I was in high school old Ministry was techno and new Ministry was Psalm 69, but that was 20 years ago and I haven't been keeping up.
Was the same for me (most are unaware of the house music days). They were never techno though.
Post hippy days. Early 90s (so Psalm 69 etc would count) - rather than their more recent, blander outings in the last fifteen / twenty years.

In case you didnt feel like showing up
tinyE: What counts as old Ministry? When I was in high school old Ministry was techno and new Ministry was Psalm 69, but that was 20 years ago and I haven't been keeping up.
Sachys: Was the same for me (most are unaware of the house music days). They were never techno though.
Post hippy days. Early 90s (so Psalm 69 etc would count) - rather than their more recent, blander outings in the last fifteen / twenty years.

Saw them live in 93 or 94. Al threw bones at the audience. XD
Post edited April 04, 2015 by tinyE
Sachys: Was the same for me (most are unaware of the house music days). They were never techno though.

tinyE: Saw them live in 93 or 94. Al threw bones at the audience. XD
oddly ive missed every chance ive had to see them due to injury - the last time was because i got hit by a [url=milk float]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvv_-tyKDfQ[/url] after a drinking competition with Nick Oliveri the night before.

I won though ;D
Fans of vinyl will enjoy this... six box sets, multiple albums... ALL 180 Gram and Coloured.

http://demonszone.com/2015/04/04/new-heavy-metal-vinyl-box-sets-coming/
Post edited April 04, 2015 by darthspudius
Any other Last Crack or Course of Empire fans here? They along with Warrior Soul had a (lyrically) intelligent socially aware experimental-ish metal thing going on in the 90s. Unfortunately of that group only Warrior Soul has managed to stay semi-relevant.

Last Crack had a bit of a tribal sound going on, along with their metal. I'd suggest checking out Kiss A The Cold and Precious Human Stress, both from the Burning Time album.

Course of Empire had a faux industrial metal thing going, and had two drummers playing simultaneously. I'd recommend Coming of the Century from the album of the same name, and New Maps from their Telepathic Last Words album. They did a fantastic cover of Let's Have A War by FEAR that is well worth checking out too.

Slow Roosevelt gets my last recommendation of this post. They had a sort of generic 2000s angry heavy metal sound, but a great vocalist (for that style) and some cool tunes. Boys Lie Girls Steal deserves your ears attention, as does Comfort From A Bomb, both from their Weightless album.
I got reminded of one of my favourite swedish metal bands today. This is old and the great texts of the bands songs aren't easy to get for non swedish speakers but the music's great noneteless.
Big Fish - Vandringsvisa i de krossade skallarnas tid
Post edited April 18, 2015 by Tarm
Aaand I noticed Babymetal was mentioned again so I feel I have to post Blood Stain Child - Freedom that mix europop with In Flames. Great mix. :)
Tarm: Aaand I noticed Babymetal was mentioned again so I feel I have to post Blood Stain Child - Freedom that mix europop with In Flames. Great mix. :)
On the subject of europop mixed with In Flames, I feel compelled to say that Timecry from Sweden did it better. It's a shame they never took off though, and ultimately disbanded. Also Amaranthe.

Timecry - The Revelation for the Beggar
Tarm: Aaand I noticed Babymetal was mentioned again so I feel I have to post Blood Stain Child - Freedom that mix europop with In Flames. Great mix. :)
misterlion: On the subject of europop mixed with In Flames, I feel compelled to say that Timecry from Sweden did it better. It's a shame they never took off though, and ultimately disbanded. Also Amaranthe.

Timecry - The Revelation for the Beggar
Timecry sounded like a amateur death metalband throwing some keyboards for cover to me and Amaranthe is a high school cool bro band and rides on the good looks of their singer and catchy tunes.

So come better if you wanna play. :)
Pretty good new album : The Gentle Storm - The Diary
This track reminds me of the Game of Thrones Opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtsKZe0oR8 (sorry, couldn't find the studio version online)
Recently I've just found out band called SOEN by friend of mine that working on their merchandises their sound pretty much closed to Opeth in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rdzn3kULGs
babymetal :P
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBjHl6w8pExmpUGRN7zsZyqZszJtsejKp
I think I might really like Iron Maiden. I'm not a huge metal fan, but there are some songs I love, like Aces High and The Trooper. So, what other songs of Iron Maiden are really good like those two? I love the melodic riffs in the beginning of those songs.