It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I like old Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera.
I like Static X, Dope, Korn, Sevendust, Machine Head, Coal Chamber, DevilDriver, and many other like them.
Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Ventana.
exist trace, Aldious, Girugamesh.
And I fucking love Dir en grey.

How many of those you want to classify as metal is up to you, it's all rock to me.

I never particularly enjoyed any of the British bands, but I really liked Rob Halford's vocals on that Five Finger Death Punch song, so I may take another look at Judas Priest.
Nobake: I like old Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera.
I like Static X, Dope, Korn, Sevendust, Machine Head, Coal Chamber, DevilDriver, and many other like them.
Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Ventana.
exist trace, Aldious, Girugamesh.
And I fucking love Dir en grey.

How many of those you want to classify as metal is up to you, it's all rock to me.

I never particularly enjoyed any of the British bands, but I really liked Rob Halford's vocals on that Five Finger Death Punch song, so I may take another look at Judas Priest.
not really a surprise there

ARCH ENEMY - We Will Rise
darkplanetar: not really a surprise there

What's not a surprise? little confused.

Pretty great song though, not familiar with ARCH ENEMY.

Nobake: What's not a surprise? little confused.

Pretty great song though, not familiar with ARCH ENEMY.
you are from US, those bands are popular lots of publicity, other bands that aren't rich to advertise...

Arch Enemy Mechanic God Creation

Accept - Metal Heart
I see, and that's certainly applicable to most of those bands. The last four are Japanese, with only Dir en grey having any real presence in the US that I'm aware of. Ventana is definitely not a major band, they had/are having trouble scraping together the money to complete their second album.

The rest yeah, definitely see the point.
Nobake: I see, and that's certainly applicable to most of those bands. The last four are Japanese, with only Dir en grey having any real presence in the US that I'm aware of. Ventana is definitely not a major band, they had/are having trouble scraping together the money to complete their second album.

The rest yeah, definitely see the point.
most people i know from US they always say Metallica & Co :P no worries

but you know them?
Haggard - Herr Mannelig
So what's the opinion on the latest Megadeth? The last one I got was "Endgame" but I don't listen to it much (same goes for the previous few cd's). Seems like it showed up and then fell off the radar.
DieRuhe: So what's the opinion on the latest Megadeth? The last one I got was "Endgame" but I don't listen to it much (same goes for the previous few cd's). Seems like it showed up and then fell off the radar.
found this to be better
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
album Twilight of the Thunder God, 2008
Elmofongo: Do you like Thrash Metal: (Metallica 1980s, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, Testament)

Do you like New Wave of British Heavy Metal ( Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne)

Do you like Glam Metal (Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt)

Do you like Hard Rock (KISS, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Ted Nugent)

Do you like Early Metal (Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple)
People don't agree with these categories? I better pack my bags. Guess I'm not a metal fan after all.
darkplanetar: Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
album Twilight of the Thunder God, 2008
That one I know, great music and awesome imagery to go with it.
Post edited August 24, 2013 by Nobake
always enjoyed old b&w style black metal videos....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOibIxl3dLo

*warning* sense of humor needed
Post edited August 24, 2013 by buckstone
Elmofongo: No I knew pantera, I just wanted to know what the song I posted genre is, but I did research its pure Groove Metal.

So recommend me some Groove Metal?
For tracks similar in nature to that one, I'd recommend Black Label Society and Black Stone Cherry too. I don't know why Gojira's name came up. The word 'extreme' often comes up in reference to them for a reason.
Nobake: I never particularly enjoyed any of the British bands
You don't like Iron Maiden? How is that possible.
darkplanetar: you are from US, those bands are popular lots of publicity, other bands that aren't rich to advertise...

Arch Enemy Mechanic God Creation
Don't forget their Iron Maiden Ace's High cover. Iron Maiden's version of course was better.

How was that album? They have that new female singer, and all I ever heard was that song.
Elmofongo: Do you like Thrash Metal: (Metallica 1980s, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, Testament)

Do you like New Wave of British Heavy Metal ( Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne)

Do you like Glam Metal (Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt)

Do you like Hard Rock (KISS, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Ted Nugent)

Do you like Early Metal (Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple)
Alfie3000: People don't agree with these categories? I better pack my bags. Guess I'm not a metal fan after all.
I'm in the same boat with you. The only changes I would have made is to change Glam Metal to Glam Rock and to move KISS into that category.
Post edited August 24, 2013 by jjsimp
DieRuhe: So what's the opinion on the latest Megadeth? The last one I got was "Endgame" but I don't listen to it much (same goes for the previous few cd's). Seems like it showed up and then fell off the radar.
Anjohl gave his two cents on Megadeth's newest earlier in this thread

I haven't heard anything newer since the album before Endgame, United Abonimations.
Post edited August 24, 2013 by jjsimp
new female singer? she has been with them 13 years now after Johan left..
Post edited August 24, 2013 by buckstone