It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
TurdFerguson87: [Switch]
As per No Gravity Games' giveaway page, they are doing another free game advent, for a shorter period than last year. You have less than 24 hours today to claim the first day's game. This game was distributed in last year's giveaway, so you have another chance ICYMI.
*This offer is only valid for Nintendo accounts assigned to the Americas region.
ABH20: Gravity Den is the new freebie at Indie Gala.
This one is quite interesting
Cuholvke: That's a lot of unnecesary Epic shilling there, lower a gear. And the question was already answered 3 hours before you posted.
I currently really, really, Really very much, I mean REALLY VERY MUCH don't give a damn shit.
TurdFerguson87: [Switch]
As per No Gravity Games' giveaway page, they are doing another free game advent, for a shorter period than last year. You have less than 24 hours today to claim the first day's game. This game was distributed in last year's giveaway, so you have another chance ICYMI.

It appears you do need to previously own at least one of their games as before.

However, as luck would have it, like last year's event, you don't need to purchase anything either. You can simply sign up to their email newsletter which should give you a key for one of their games. That will qualify you to get the current giveaway's game, making it 2 free games for newcomers!

[Steam]
As a bonus (unless it's expired by now), Rebellion is running steep discounts in their store page. Unfortunately, their server was bogged down with serious failures, that Rebellion decided to give a gift to compensate for all their customers' trouble. If it is still valid (when I last checked last night, it was good), you can get Aliens Vs Predator Classic 2000 for free using the checkout code REBEL30. You do need to set up an account there, but you don't need to post CC info.
thanks
high rated
TurdFerguson87: Is there anything else called "Switch" relevant to the links posted above?

This is a massive games giveaway thread. Why even have the conversation of adding another thread here?
Not to derail the conversation, but it is a fair request.

If Itch.io games are in a separate thread, which are actually Windows/Mac/Linux games, and mostly DRM-free, then why are console codes allowed, which have nothing to do with PC gaming, and are often either DRM'd, or region-locked, or both.

Considering that there aren't that many of them, it's not a big problem, but they do feel very much out of place here.
TurdFerguson87: *snip*
PixelBoy: Not to derail the conversation, but it is a fair request.

If Itch.io games are in a separate thread, which are actually Windows/Mac/Linux games, and mostly DRM-free, then why are console codes allowed, which have nothing to do with PC gaming, and are often either DRM'd, or region-locked, or both.

Considering that there aren't that many of them, it's not a big problem, but they do feel very much out of place here.
This has never been a PC gaming only thread, it's never been DRM-free only either.

The itch.io giveaways were moved to a different thread because there are way too many of them, and not too many here are interested in them, so they just cluttered up the thread.

If you want to discuss which games belong here you should start a different thread about it. This thread is for informing about massive giveaways only, not discussing them. You can do that here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_place_to_discuss_giveaways_epic_steam_ubisoft_and_all

Edit: There's no need to thank people for posting giveaways either. You can do that with an upvote.

There's no need to comment on how interesting the games posted here look either. You can do that in the thread I linked to above.
Post edited December 06, 2022 by (ø,ø)
(ø,ø): The itch.io giveaways were moved to a different thread because there are way too many of them, and not too many here are interested in them, so they just cluttered up the thread.
This only became a problem when drxenija started posting absolutely every free itch.io game regardless of quality, spread across many post with usually just 1-3 games listed in them. This was a sad attempt to boost reputation with a flood of posts that instead lead to arguments and the need for a containment thread. Posting the occasional itch.io game that is free temporarily and of a decent quality here should be fine since drxenija has a containment thread to post whatever garbage in.
TurdFerguson87: Is there anything else called "Switch" relevant to the links posted above?

This is a massive games giveaway thread. Why even have the conversation of adding another thread here?
PixelBoy: Not to derail the conversation, but it is a fair request.

I wasn't posting about console codes. I mentioned one case it matters because it was a suggestion as part of a condition of having to own a game from the publisher. Otherwise one could've obtained a copy in other ways which doesn't make using codes requisite. The games are obtainable each day through the NA region store simply by "purchasing" them. You don't need to enter a code at all.

For that matter, Playstation giveaways have also been mentioned in recent times, so this is not an isolated case.

As for itch.io specifically, that has been brought up with the points mentioned before me and it takes exception to avoid missing out on big titles. It's also not a platform-specific site either, which lends to a greater distraction.

Otherwise, I consolidated my post to include obtaining a Steam game to cover some bases. That's all anyone needs to know.
Sorry for starting this discussion and it really is not a problem as it stands now as they are few enough not to drown out the PC games and probably too few for a meaningful new thread.

I could have kept my low opinion of the Switch to myself, I guess.
high rated
Knights of Honor II - Goodie Pack is available on GOG until December 9th, 6 PM UTC.
I just want to point out that the Itch.io giveaway thread is now locked, and has been since the fall. I have no idea why, but it is still referenced in the banner for the other giveaway thread.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/page178

If there is a new thread for itch.io giveaways, I missed it.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/updated_itchio_giveaways/page8
slickrcbd: I just want to point out that the Itch.io giveaway thread is now locked, and has been since the fall. I have no idea why, but it is still referenced in the banner for the other giveaway thread.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/page178

If there is a new thread for itch.io giveaways, I missed it.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/updated_itchio_giveaways/page8
Huh... Probably fell foul of the "no linking to competing stores" thing, but thought that giveaways were fine... I guess ponczo_'s sticky needs updating then.

Knights of Honor II - Goodie Pack is available on GOG until December 9th, 6 PM UTC.
Free wallpaper?? Well... I guess.
high rated
Epic Games:

Saints Row IV Re-elected - Link

Part of the famous Saints Row series
Often compared with GTA but considered as "not so serious" brother
You are elected as President of America!
Enter this fun and crazy open world adventure
Play around with nonsensical weapons
Complete missions from unique characters, aliens, cats, you name it!
Sky is the limit and so is the chaos!
And best of all, there are cats....

Note: NSFW (expect phallic sword fights and tons of violent chaos)

Co-op and single player mode are available

DLC are all included!

Wildcat Gun Machine - Link

This game is a classic bullet hell dungeon crawler!
Giant robots, disgusting flesh monsters
Loads and piles of guns! and kitty cats?
Somehow, this game has that combination and makes it work!

If you love gore, if you love cats, if you love bullet hells, and if you love skinless monsters with giant robots,
This game is for you!

Only single mode is available

Other ongoing giveaways:
none

Next time: Mystery!
high rated
Gravity Den is free on IndieGala
https://freebies.indiegala.com/gravity-den
It's a platformer where you control gravity.
For some reason the sprite made me think of "Among Us".
Post edited December 08, 2022 by slickrcbd