It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
high rated
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1560570/Minion_Masters__Outlandish_Operations/
Derpowitz: On a more serious note I just want to point out it's a free-to-play game (AFAIK) so not really a giveaway per se.
I'll repeat my warning from before, steam reviews say it's all about microtransactions.
low rated
Derpowitz: On a more serious note I just want to point out it's a free-to-play game (AFAIK) so not really a giveaway per se.
BlueMooner: I'll repeat my warning from before, steam reviews say it's all about microtransactions.
In other words, shareware?
BlueMooner: I'll repeat my warning from before, steam reviews say it's all about microtransactions.
Aye, it is. It is how these games make monies, they are not giveaways, nor are they really free. it is better to consider them as demos, more than anything else.

The same for SpellForce 3: Versus Edition, you need to pay £12.99 for the "Full PvP Upgrade" to unlock att the different races
Trainpunk Run freebie at Indie Gala.
Freebie in FX Store. It is the game Emergency 4. It is in the spanish shop, I do not if they have the same freebie in the italian one, and I do not know if the game is multilanguaje
low rated
maestroruffy: Freebie in FX Store. It is the game Emergency 4. It is in the spanish shop, I do not if they have the same freebie in the italian one, and I do not know if the game is multilanguaje
Thanks for the info, is it possible to download the English language version of the game this way? Can anyone make an account anywhere in the world or is the promo only valid for residents of Spain?
high rated
Tell Me Why's Episode 1 is now Free!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180660/Tell_Me_Why/

By the same developers of Life is Strange :)
low rated
maestroruffy: Freebie in FX Store. It is the game Emergency 4. It is in the spanish shop, I do not if they have the same freebie in the italian one, and I do not know if the game is multilanguaje
is it a steam key?

edit: I purchased it how do I play it?
Post edited March 10, 2021 by GoodOlG
Derpowitz: Thanks for the info, is it possible to download the English language version of the game this way? Can anyone make an account anywhere in the world or is the promo only valid for residents of Spain?
Short answer: No, and no.

Long answer:
The last time I had to deal with the issue of localization was with a certain game from FX that didn't have in-game language options, which is the first thing I look for if I encounter a game with language being a barrier. I fixed that just by changing a line of code in the files with an educated guess (and got lucky that worked giving me the localized version of the game, making me very happy). So before downloading, that would be something I would need to be aware to deal with these situations.

Which as it so happens in this case with this game, there is no in-game language option. LOL!

I did some digging around online thanks to Google since I just downloaded this to test out the settings. It turns out the way you end up downloading from FX only gives you the Spanish language version, as usual. If you wanted the language you wanted for this particular game, you may have to do some modding - which unlike my previous experience, will involve a good chunk of translating all the files yourself just to make it work. Fortunately in this case, it's just a matter of translating words over XML, but a tedious task nonetheless for the amount of those files to change. Unless you have found a version in the language of your choice floating around somewhere to replace it. The game seems flexible like that (along with your ability to cheat and mod). So, sorry, the advice I'm seeing shows you'll have to mod it if you don't already know the language.

Per your second question, you don't need to be in Spain. FX Interactive has international reach, though it caters to Spanish-speaking nations which may understandably worry you. I came across this issue myself, but realized that I don't have to assign a country when it didn't have the option. That feature was actually just where the server is where you download your games. AFAIK, there is no residency restriction for this type of giveaway the way they have done this int he past (which they did occasionally over time until a few months ago and I was about to ask if that had stopped already). I had no trouble, evidently.

Also, protip: if you wanted 16:9 support or whatever, the main folder should contain a file called "em4deluxe.cfg". Towards the bottom of the file you can edit with your text editor on the lines:
<var name="r_xres" value=" " />
<var name="r_yres" value=" " />

Put in the value of your desired resolution between the blank quotes, of course. The values won't show up in game for some reason, but even if you change your game settings, the game will completely ignore that since it only seems to read off of this cfg file.

GoodOlG: is it a steam key?

No. It's a direct download. You only need an account on the site and to use their launcher (runs on a special version of Firefox so you cannot run regular Firefox on top of it on the same machine). After that, you don't need to launch the FX Store Firefox app, but it will load a launcher every time you start the game.
low rated
I always find this site is down more often than up. I hope the freebie lasts long enough for when the site is up again.
low rated
GoodOlG: is it a steam key?

TurdFerguson87: No. It's a direct download. You only need an account on the site and to use their launcher (runs on a special version of Firefox so you cannot run regular Firefox on top of it on the same machine). After that, you don't need to launch the FX Store Firefox app, but it will load a launcher every time you start the game.
oh gotcha
TurdFerguson87: ... use their launcher (runs on a special version of Firefox so you cannot run regular Firefox on top of it on the same machine).
Wtf... really?
Way To Go freebie at Indie Gala.
TurdFerguson87: ... use their launcher (runs on a special version of Firefox so you cannot run regular Firefox on top of it on the same machine).
toxicTom: Wtf... really?
That's bizarre. FWIW, you most likely should be able to start another Firefox from the commandline by giving it a -P and/or --no-remote flag; what's most worrisome to me is the possibility that this special version of Firefox could very well re-use your regular Firefox profile and mess it up due to being on a different version?!?