It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added a GOG metrics and statistics page
Love it!
Our numbers somehow don't add up. For 2011 and 2013 I have one more game released, while for 2012 and 2014 I have one less game released. I think that's due to The Witcher 2 and The Whispered World, but not really sure.

And do you have any missing games, since I do have to double-check my spreadsheet at some point (I had missed adding The Guild 2: Renaissance for example)
high rated
JMich: Our numbers somehow don't add up. For 2011 and 2013 I have one more game released, while for 2012 and 2014 I have one less game released. I think that's due to The Witcher 2 and The Whispered World, but not really sure.

And do you have any missing games, since I do have to double-check my spreadsheet at some point (I had missed adding The Guild 2: Renaissance for example)
Three discrepancies I am aware of:
Strike Suit Zero: You have 2013 (the original release), I have 2014 (the director's cut release).
Whispered World: You have 2012 (the original release), I have 2014 (the special edition release).
The Witcher 2: You have 2011, I have 2012.

I get my original release dates from GOG, and I automatically update my addition dates so that age on addition is never negative. You maintain both manually so have more flexibility.

Missing games: I should have everything except Defenders of the Crown which should appear in ~7 hours.

EDITED
Post edited September 09, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
JMich: Our numbers somehow don't add up. For 2011 and 2013 I have one more game released, while for 2012 and 2014 I have one less game released. I think that's due to The Witcher 2 and The Whispered World, but not really sure.

One last thing, which I believe squares all the numbers off is that I (like the current GOG) treat Edna & Harvey as two games, while you (like the original GOG) treat it as one.
mrkgnao: One last thing, which I believe squares all the numbers off is that I (like the current GOG) treat Edna & Harvey as two games, while you (like the original GOG) treat it as one.
And numbers now add up, and I don't seem to miss any title. Thank you :)
high rated
mrkgnao: One last thing, which I believe squares all the numbers off is that I (like the current GOG) treat Edna & Harvey as two games, while you (like the original GOG) treat it as one.
JMich: And numbers now add up, and I don't seem to miss any title. Thank you :)
Thank you!
Very nice work, props!

Do you think it might be necessary/a good idea to keep a week-old backup (or at least a couple-day-old) of the database, in case GOG changes something again and auto-update borks stuff up?
high rated
Spinorial: Very nice work, props!

Do you think it might be necessary/a good idea to keep a week-old backup (or at least a couple-day-old) of the database, in case GOG changes something again and auto-update borks stuff up?
At the moment I am keeping two backups of the database, 12 hours and 24 hours old. I'm considering extending this to 20 backups, i.e. last 10 days.

That said, I have never had occasion to use any backup, because when something gets messed up (and this happens a lot more often than you think) it usually affects only a small portion of the database and returning to an older database would lose us some new information (e.g. new games, sale price info). What I usually do is fix (temporarily or permanently) the affected area rather than revert to an old database.

For example, for some two weeks now (since a few days before the upgrayde), about 20 games on GOG have no Modes field data (e.g. Consortium). MaGog silently restores the old data of this field, so on MaGog the information has been kept complete throughout.

What is more useful is that I keep a running log of all the changes made to the database so it is always possible to see what an older value of a given field in a given game had been (and when it had changed).
mrkgnao: What is more useful is that I keep a running log of all the changes made to the database so it is always possible to see what an older value of a given field in a given game had been (and when it had changed).
That's great! I figured you had measures in place, but just wanted to make sure, especially now that more changes in rapid succession are likely, with the nascent new design.
Mrkgnao + JMich + IamSinistar: Gog's stats squad! :D
(maybe also Pidgeot?)
Post edited September 09, 2014 by phaolo
high rated
phaolo: Mrkgnao + JMich + IamSinistar: Gog's stats squad! :D
(maybe also Pidgeot?)
Definitely also Pidgeot. Also Grargar. And many others.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 3.2.1 has been released with the following features:
* Added two tables to the metrics page
* Slightly improved the title filter, so that now searching, for example, for "stalker" (without full stops) will return "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." (with full stops)
* Slightly changed the behaviour of the filter menus, so that now when the filter is a text box (for you to type in) the cursor is immediately positioned in the box (saving you (and me) a click)
high rated
As I've seen this being asked somewhere on the forum, let me be clear:
MaGog is currently fully functional and fully supports the new GOG formats.
The short period of partial functionality after the GOG upgrayde is long gone.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by mrkgnao
Did you manage to solve the regional price identification, then?
I'm probably way late, but can't you just check the "Fair Price Package" message in the game page, instead of multi scanning different currencies?
high rated
phaolo: Did you manage to solve the regional price identification, then?
I'm probably way late, but can't you just check the "Fair Price Package" message in the game page, instead of multi scanning different currencies?
It was solved and released in version 3.1.0.

I am not aware that the phrase "Fair Price Package" appears in all regionally-priced games. I checked just one (1954 Alcatraz) and it does not have it on the game page.

You can check for yourself other regionally-priced games:
[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=321&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmba&ord=&flt=prp~1~&htt=s&myf=WedSep172041182014_empty_JJ5Shxc7CtCaX]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=321&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmba&ord=&flt=prp~1~&htt=s&myf=WedSep172041182014_empty_JJ5Shxc7CtCaX[/url]