It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shambhala: Just wanted to drop by and thank you for keeping up the good work!
Much appreciated.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 2.4.2 has been released with the following features:
* Removed the option to select "System Requirements" filters from a list, leaving only the option to specify a string to search for (too much ongoing work to maintain this, given GOG's ever-shifting textual inconsistencies)
I'm not using it every day but when I want to search something on GOG I use your search engine only. It's great to have it as an alternative to the lousy built-in thing. Keep up your good work!
Wurzelkraft: I'm not using it every day but when I want to search something on GOG I use your search engine only. It's great to have it as an alternative to the lousy built-in thing. Keep up your good work!
Thank you.
Here, have a cookie.
mrkgnao: Thank you.
Here, have a cookie.
Thanks! *hides in a corner and eats*
Can you add these ?

- checksums
- a short changelog of the patch(es)
Post edited August 15, 2014 by ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj: Can you add these ?

- checksums
- a short changelog of the patch(es)
Thanks. I'll answer there.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 2.5.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added the ability to transfer the list of GOG games you own and/or have wishlisted from GOG to MaGog (to do so, use the "Get From GOG" button)
Question: Is there a way to search for a specific game or keyword?

Glancing at the configuration of MaGoG it's not apparent...
I mean i see fields, and sorting options, but when i searched for Sacred 2 regarding the release date i had to go to game listing 586 or something rather than it be one of the 5 listings it probably could have been....

edit: Nevermind, clicking on the filters it came up...
Post edited August 19, 2014 by rtcvb32
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:
* Added the ability to transfer the list of GOG games you own and/or have wishlisted from GOG to MaGog (to do so, use the "Get From GOG" button)
Great addition!
Great feature, but:
- does it overwrite ALL games' "wishlist" and "owned" tags, leaving the other untouched?
- please ad some confirmation popup, if it's there already (not tried yet).
Post edited August 20, 2014 by phaolo
high rated
phaolo: Great feature, but:
- does it overwrite ALL games' "wishlist" and "owned" tags, leaving the other untouched?
- please ad some confirmation popup, if it's there already (not tried yet).
No. It COMPLETELY DELETES all your existing tags before getting the data from GOG.
It's not intended for someone like you, who's already done the manual work.
It's intended for newcomers (with no real existing tags) who are too busy to transfer the information from GOG manually.
It's supposed to be a one-time starting point operation, after which information can be manually maintained in MaGog.

If there's enough interest, I will "improve" the feature to merge the GOG data with existing tags. I couldn't see much point for such a feature, but as always I may have been wrong.

And, yes, of course there is a confirmation popup, very similar to that found in "Import My Fields".

P.S. It does not touch your date/stars/price fields.

P.P.S. If you see a scenario where you might find this feature useful, let me know and I will modify it to suit your needs.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: No. It COMPLETELY DELETES all your existing tags before getting the data from GOG[..]
P.P.S. If you see a scenario where you might find this feature useful, let me know and I will modify it to suit your needs.
Luckly I asked before trying hehe (I had backups, though).
Anyway, I think that a merging feature would be useful because owned and wishlisted games are always changing.
Launching an automatic syncronization every now and then wouldn't be bad at all.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by phaolo
Just wanting to drop a HUGE THANK YOU for the time and effort you put into making this great search engine! Keep up the great work, it is really appreciated :)
mrkgnao: No. It COMPLETELY DELETES all your existing tags before getting the data from GOG.
It's not intended for someone like you, who's already done the manual work.
It's intended for newcomers (with no real existing tags) who are too busy to transfer the information from GOG manually.
It's supposed to be a one-time starting point operation, after which information can be manually maintained in MaGog.

If there's enough interest, I will "improve" the feature to merge the GOG data with existing tags. I couldn't see much point for such a feature, but as always I may have been wrong.

And, yes, of course there is a confirmation popup, very similar to that found in "Import My Fields".

P.S. It does not touch your date/stars/price fields.

Post edited August 20, 2014 by trentonlf
high rated
mrkgnao: No. It COMPLETELY DELETES all your existing tags before getting the data from GOG[..]
phaolo: Luckly I asked before trying hehe (I had backups, though).
Anyway, I think that a merging feature would be useful because owned and wishlisted games are always changing.
Launching an automatic syncronization every now and then wouldn't be bad at all.
You're right. Didn't think it through.
Will try to do it over the weekend.