It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Great so now i cannot search gog, the search feature is such garbage i stopped buying games from gog
high rated
In what can only be described as a medical miracle, MaGog has now awoken from her coma. I have moved her from the coma unit at VPSVille to her new home at Amazon Lightsail.

This change of hosting servers takes a while (usually up to a few hours) to propagate around the world, so for a time some of you will be seeing the new site and some the old one (and it may well fluctuate back and forth between the two). Remember, waking from a coma is a confusing thing.

You will know that you are using the new website if the version displayed on the engine page is 11.0.0 or later (the old site is still at version 10.2.1).

Feature wise, the site is much the same as before (yes, she is still in Legacy Mode).

However, you may notice that her pages load much faster than before. While this is a good thing in general, do note that in some cases they may load so much faster, that they may briefly overwhelm your browser. This is primarily the case if you run a search that yields a large results page (e.g. all scopes and displays, no filters) --- in such a case, the many megabytes hurtling onto your browser window may briefly freeze it and you may see a browser popup complaining that a script is slowing down the browser. Just ignore it and it'll pass by itself in a few seconds.

Hopefully, this migration will pass without too much trouble, but if you do come across an issue that persists into tomorrow, do let me know and I will endeavour to fix it.
Post edited July 15, 2020 by mrkgnao
Awesome news!
How are you finding the dealing with (I gather) the new OS?
high rated
Cavalary: Awesome news!
Quite an experience.

Unlike past VPS services, where the servers came more or less fully installed and equipped with a GUI control panel, Lightsail's server was rather barebones --- only Linux (OS), Apache (web server), MySQL (database, which I don't use) and Perl/PHP/Python (programming languages) installed --- and with no GUI control panel at all --- everything has to be done via the Linux CLI.

So I pretty much had to build and configure the server myself, which was something I had never done before. Not really fun, but should certainly make future maintenance and migration easier, thanks to my accumulated knowledge. Especially painful was installing and configuring a mail server (Postfix + Dovecot), which took me the better part of three days.

Still, so far I'm quite pleased with the end result. The server seems more robust, is immensely faster, is obviously more up to date, has more resources (RAM, HD, traffic), and costs much less (US$5 a month instead of $20 a month). But I'm not fully done yet --- I still need to migrate my other website (http://www.fweet.org) in much the same way.
Post edited August 12, 2020 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao:
That sure sounds daunting, and experts-only. But then again, you are one :)
Hope everything will keep going well.
high rated
Completely off-topic

Just wanted to share with you that my novel has now been published also in paperback (until now it was only available as an ebook).

In case you're interested here are the Amazon links for:
- the paperback (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991351118)
- the kindle ebook (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCZVCTO)

P.S. These are the Amazon US links. Depending on where you live, the paperback and/or the ebook may well be available also from your local Amazon website.
high rated
* Split a region being monitored for regional pricing into two: "EU Eastern Europe (RO)" into "EU Eastern Europe (RO)" and "Estonia (EE)"
--- Note: The reason for this is that "Decay of Logos" has a different price in these two regions.
high rated
A bit late, but wanted to say I'm very glad to see her back and about.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: A bit late, but wanted to say I'm very glad to see her back and about.
Thanks. She's pretty pleased too.
Hi, thanks for the tool!

It works well (trying to list my GOG library of owned games) except it only lists 404 games, not the 457 that I own.
high rated
ResidentLeever: Hi, thanks for the tool!

It works well (trying to list my GOG library of owned games) except it only lists 404 games, not the 457 that I own.
Two reasons:
(1) MaGog and GOG count games differently. MaGog counts items as they appear on the GOG store catalogue, whereas GOG counts them as they appear on your library, which is not necessarily the same thing. I can't see your library, so I can't bring examples specific to you, but here are some general examples:
- If you own "Wizardry 6+7", MaGog will count this as one item, for that is how it is sold, whereas GOG will count this as two items ("Wizardry 6" and "Wizardry 7"), for that is how they are listed in your library. This is called the "Unbundling effect".
- If you own both "Beholder" and its "Blissful Sleep" DLC, MaGog will count this as two items, for they are sold separately, whereas GOG will count this as one item, for that is how it is listed in your library (the DLC as part of the game). This is called the "DLC effect".
- It's a bit more subtle than that, but these are the two major effects.
(2) MaGog is currently functioning in "Legacy mode", which means that she ignores all games added to GOG in the past year or so (a sliding window, updated once a month). This is done as a pointless protest against GOG having games with in-game purchasing on its catalogue. This self-crippling limitation will be lifted when GOG removes Gwent from its catalogue, or does something equally monumental (e.g. begin selling DRM games, or single-player games with in-game purchasing).
- This means that if you own any games added to GOG since September 2019, they are not listed on MaGog. This is called the "Legacy effect".

Bottom line, you can't compare the two numbers, as you did. They will almost never be the same.
Post edited August 13, 2020 by mrkgnao
Cavalary: Awesome news!
mrkgnao: Quite an experience.

Unlike past VPS services, where the servers came more or less fully installed and equipped with a GUI control panel, Lightsail's server was rather barebones --- only Linux (OS), Apache (web server), MySQL (database, which I don't use) and Perl/PHP/Python (programming languages) installed --- and with no GUI control panel at all --- everything has to be done via the Linux CLI.

So I pretty much had to build and configure the server myself, which was something I had never done before. Not really fun, but should certainly make future maintenance and migration easier, thanks to my accumulated knowledge. Especially painful was installing a configuring a mail server (Postfix + Dovecot), which took me the better part of three days.

Still, so far I'm quite pleased with the end result. The server seems more robust, is immensely faster, is obviously more up to date, has more resources (RAM, HD, traffic), and costs much less (US$5 a month instead of $20 a month). But I'm not fully done yet --- I still need to migrate my other website (http://www.fweet.org) in much the same way.
Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of DevOps. :-)

But on a different topic: Would you mind answering a few questions about the GOG api? I've dabbled a little in it today but I'm still having trouble with the login which seems to be the most difficult part according to the unofficial api documentation.
high rated
mrkgnao: Quite an experience.

So I pretty much had to build and configure the server myself, which was something I had never done before. Not really fun, but should certainly make future maintenance and migration easier, thanks to my accumulated knowledge. Especially painful was installing a configuring a mail server (Postfix + Dovecot), which took me the better part of three days.

Geralt_of_Rivia: Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of DevOps. :-)

But on a different topic: Would you mind answering a few questions about the GOG api? I've dabbled a little in it today but I'm still having trouble with the login which seems to be the most difficult part according to the unofficial api documentation.
Sure. What do you want to know?
I would like to know the version of this game, but it was probably added to GOG during January 2020, so it's not on your search engine:
gog.com/game/insomnia_the_ark

I own the version from Steam, and I would like a DRM-free version, but I won't waste my money unless I receive confirmation that the GOG version has the newest update.

(I almost bought a game called "Seven" a few months ago, but your search engine confirmed that the Steam version has a new update that still hasn't been added to the GOG version, so I saved money because of you.)
high rated
WisePrimate: I would like to know the version of this game, but it was probably added to GOG during January 2020, so it's not on your search engine:
gog.com/game/insomnia_the_ark

I own the version from Steam, and I would like a DRM-free version, but I won't waste my money unless I receive confirmation that the GOG version has the newest update.

(I almost bought a game called "Seven" a few months ago, but your search engine confirmed that the Steam version has a new update that still hasn't been added to the GOG version, so I saved money because of you.)
Here's how to do it for any game:
1) Find the game's ID. The simplest way would probably be to use WinterSnowfall's latest list, a link to which you can find here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ye_olde_gog_product_ids_public_api_charting_enterprise/post274. INSOMNIA's ID is 2089824097.
2) Go to https://api.gog.com/products/2089824097?expand=downloads,expanded_dlcs,related_products,changelog (this is the link for INSOMNIA --- replace 2089824097 with any other ID to get information on another game).
3) Scroll down to the following section: downloads -> installers -> 0 -> version, or simply search for "version", to find the Windows installer's version (there might be multiple versions if the game supports multiple operating systems). INSOMNIA's version, as you can see, is 1.7, which I believe is (currently) the same as Steam.
Post edited August 14, 2020 by mrkgnao