It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kbnrylaec: It's a shame for GOG.
In fact, GOG staff used MaGOG a lot for their internal work.
GOG's internal workflow is so bad that they have to rely on 3rd party tools and forum posts.
Oh, well. I doubt that drawback will be enough to make them change their way of seeing things, sadly ; the more money they can make... ! :-\ time will tell...
phaolo: Yeah, I'm still mourning it. : (
But it's the fate of all these user scripts, at some point the owner feds up for X reason and then everyone is screwed.
At least for Gogrepo we have Kalanyr for now, thank God!
I've never heard of Gogrepo... thanks for the info !
Post edited March 27, 2018 by Empress_Owl
Empress_Owl: I've never heard of Gogrepo... thanks for the info !
Oh, you're welcome, Gogrepo is great. : )
It's almost mandatory, if you want to keep your offline copies updated O_o'
phaolo: Oh, you're welcome, Gogrepo is great. : )
Well, I don't see how it works... I have no idea what Python is, if not a big snake. lol... GogRepo must be a tool only for developers (?)... I don't see any way to add it as a handy Firefox or Chrome extension, or something like that...
phaolo: Oh, you're welcome, Gogrepo is great. : )
Empress_Owl: Well, I don't see how it works... I have no idea what Python is, if not a big snake. lol... GogRepo must be a tool only for developers (?)... I don't see any way to add it as a handy Firefox or Chrome extension, or something like that...
Ah no, it's a commandline tool (not exactly a dev-only thing).
If you don't want to mess with that.. sorry, you're out of luck, because nobody created an interface for it. ¯\_(O_o)_/¯
Btw, I wish that Galaxy included an official (bug-free) "standalone installers management" section..
Post edited March 27, 2018 by phaolo
phaolo: Ah no, it's a commandline tool (not exactly a dev-only thing).
If you don't want to mess with that.. sorry, you're out of luck, because nobody created an interface for it. ¯\_(O_o)_/¯
Btw, I wish that Galaxy included an official "standalone management" section..
Aaawww. A commandline tool sounds precisely like a dev-only thing to me... :-P
Well... please wake me up if someone makes a 'for dummies' interface for it someday ! ;-)
phaolo: Ah no, it's a commandline tool (not exactly a dev-only thing).
Btw, I wish that Galaxy included an official "standalone management" section..
Empress_Owl: Aaawww. A commandline tool sounds precisely like a dev-only thing to me... :-P
Well... please wake me up if someone makes a 'for dummies' interface for it someday ! ;-)
Mm.. maybe some simple links\scripts could be created with default commands already included.
I'll ask Kalanyr, if you want.
Post edited March 27, 2018 by phaolo
phaolo: Mm.. maybe some simple links\scripts could be created with default commands already included.
I'll ask Kalanyr, if you want.
That would be very kind of you, thanks ! :-))
Empress_Owl: [..]
I can't contact you via chat, let's continue in the gogrepo thread.
high rated
Those of you still using MaGog --- quite a few, judging from my website logs --- might wish to know that I have implemented a new algorithm for detecting bundle discounts (i.e. extra discount if bought with other games), thus restoring the functionality lost back in May 2016, when GOG changed its cart management policy.

This new algorithm works even if some of the games in the bundle are post-legacy games (i.e. not actively monitored by MaGog).

As before, filters for bundle discounts can be found under "Price" (current discounts) and "Past Sale" (past discounts).

Because of the long time that this feature had been missing, the information about past bundle discounts starts anew for all games, except for removed ones.

P.S. There are currently more than 250 games that have bundle discounts in some form or another. More than I would have thought.

P.P.S. GOG has some bugs with its bundle discounts, but c'est la vie, I guess. As far as I could check, MaGog's algorithm works around these bugs and displays the correct information.
mrkgnao:
Awesome to see there's still development going on :) Quite unexpected too, something pretty major like this.
And that is indeed a large number...
high rated
mrkgnao:
Cavalary: Awesome to see there's still development going on :) Quite unexpected too, something pretty major like this.
And that is indeed a large number...
MaGog development has never actually stopped, even when she moved into Legacy Mode. She is alive and growing, except that of course she now monitors only ~84% of the full GOG catalogue (and shrinking), rather than 100%.

Still, development has been slow, primarily because I have been (and still am) on an open-ended tour of the world (already 8 months on the road) and have limited time and internet access.

Nevertheless, here are some of the more (or less) interesting features added to MaGog since she entered Legacy Mode:
- The ability for you to add any custom games you wish (e.g. non-GOG games) to your own copy of MaGog and manage them alongside the other MaGog games
- Filtering by, sorting by and display of "Popularity Rank" (based on GOG's "by Popularity" sort order)
- Support for games blocked in China
- Support for Chinese and Polish game titles
- Support for games that are or were sold both as a bundle and separately (e.g. Descent 1+2)
- Ability to search for games that do not belong to any series/pack
high rated
- Added SeduceMePlz's "Games with Pre-Order Exclusives" GOG mix to the Gogmixopedia display and filter
high rated
- Added "Ubuntu 18.04" and "Mac OS X 10.9.4 or newer" to the list of searchable operating systems
- Added "hintbooks(s)", "keyguide(s)", "novella(s)", "playguide(s)", "quickstart(s)", "ringtones(s)", and "storybook(s)" to the list of searchable bonuses
- Added "Gambling" to the list of searchable age requirement keywords
high rated
- Added support for one new genre: Visual Novel
- Changed two fields (Genres and Developer/Publisher) to be displayed in a row rather than a column
high rated
mrkgnao: - Added support for one new genre: Visual Novel [...]
I'm a bit confused - since the lady doesn't track releases after she went into legacy mode, I don't quite see what the point of this is; what am I missing?