It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
foxworks: Been a while since I've used MaGog. And thus have found the following :)

WARNING: MaGog was unable to identify the following "owned" games:
- 1447423752 (o)
- 1452169962 (o)
Thank you.

Could you please check the following links (while logged in) and tell me what you see. If it's some text beginning with {"title":"Something Something Something", please copy paste the "Something Something Something" here. If it's empty or inaccessible (often redirecting you to the home page), please let me know:

https://www.gog.com/account/gameDetails/1447423752.json
https://www.gog.com/account/gameDetails/1452169962.json
foxworks: Been a while since I've used MaGog. And thus have found the following :)

WARNING: MaGog was unable to identify the following "owned" games:
- 1447423752 (o)
- 1452169962 (o)
mrkgnao: Thank you.

Could you please check the following links (while logged in) and tell me what you see. If it's some text beginning with {"title":"Something Something Something", please copy paste the "Something Something Something" here. If it's empty or inaccessible (often redirecting you to the home page), please let me know:

Both links redirected to gog.com
high rated
mrkgnao: Thank you.

foxworks: Both links redirected to gog.com
Great. Thanks. Two more to add to the list of obsolete irrelevant IDs.
Post edited February 16, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 7.1.4 has been released with the following features:

* Added "Default" and "Undo" buttons to the Profiles section
*** Note: The "Default" button loads a profile called "Default" (note the capital D) if present, otherwise a profile called "_magogs_default" (which comes with MaGog) if present, otherwise does nothing.
*** Note: The "Undo" button loads a profile called "_magogs_undo" (created by MaGog) if present, otherwise does nothing.
*** Note: Ctrl+0 is a shortcut for the "Default" button; Ctrl+1 is a shortcut for the "Undo" button.
mrkgnao: words
hey, I tried searching for something yesterday and MaGog completely locked my browser. Checked my resource usage and nothing was out of the ordinary. Would it be a Microsoft Edge thing, maybe?
high rated
micktiegs_8: hey, I tried searching for something yesterday and MaGog completely locked my browser. Checked my resource usage and nothing was out of the ordinary. Would it be a Microsoft Edge thing, maybe?
I don't test MaGog on Edge regularly, because I can't (I use Windows 7), but I checked just now on my wife's Windows 10 computer and didn't have any problem running several searches in Edge.

If you have more details, it could help.
high rated
micktiegs_8: hey, I tried searching for something yesterday and MaGog completely locked my browser. Checked my resource usage and nothing was out of the ordinary. Would it be a Microsoft Edge thing, maybe?
Update:
I did manage to perhaps reproduce something similar.

I performed the largest possible search (no filters, all scope and display checkboxes checked) and watched rather amazed as Edge slowly displayed the results. It took it more than 20 minutes (during which it appeared non-responsive, but scrolling with the mouse wheel worked, so I could see that it was slowly drawing the screen). After about 20 minutes and 1400+ games displayed, it finally locked the tab (but not the browser -- I was able to close the tab and open a new one).

I tried the same with Firefox on Windows 10 and got the full set of results displayed in a couple of minutes, as expected.

So, yeah, I'd say it's an Edge thing.

P.S. I tried the same with IE on Windows 7 and also managed to lock the tab. So it's not only an Edge thing, it's also an IE thing. It seems IE/Edge has a limit on the amount of time a page may take to display. Probably the only solution is to support breaking the results into separate pages, but that's a lot of work and I'm not sure if it's worth it, given that according to my statistics, less that 1% of MaGog users use IE (which might be why no one complained until now). Do you plan to stick with Edge?
mrkgnao: Do you plan to stick with Edge?
Yea, I use separate browsers for separate things; however, I don't need to use Edge in this case. I tried it again today, and it was fine though; so I'm not sure what exactly triggered it.
At first I thought it was because you were updating it or something, then I thought it was traffic issues.
Just have to remind myself to use Chrome for it instead :)
mrkgnao: according to my statistics, less that 1% of MaGog users use IE
And that less than 1% would probably be me, eh? :))
Still, did a search for all regionally priced entries, displayed the list of 1301 in maybe 2 min, possibly less, didn't actually time it. No locking.
high rated
mrkgnao: Great. Thanks. Two more to add to the list of obsolete irrelevant IDs.
Speaking of obsolete IDs, I noticed that the when I used MaGog to export my Wishlist , it included the removed Darksiders 2 and its DLC, along with the now sold version which seem to have automatically replaced them in my GOG Wishlist (I hadn't noticed it until then).

Why does MaGog do this, and is it intentional?
high rated
mrkgnao: Great. Thanks. Two more to add to the list of obsolete irrelevant IDs.
HypersomniacLive: Speaking of obsolete IDs, I noticed that the when I used MaGog to export my Wishlist , it included the removed Darksiders 2 and its DLC, along with the now sold version which seem to have automatically replaced them in my GOG Wishlist (I hadn't noticed it until then).

Why does MaGog do this, and is it intentional?
MaGog marks all the games on your wishlist that it recognises. MaGog recognises both current and removed games, unlike GOG that recognises only current games. The removed games are still on your wishlist, so MaGog marks them as wishlisted.

Frankly, I hadn't thought of this scenario. I guess it doesn't make much sense to mark removed games as wishlisted. However, filtering them out will complicate (and slow) the "Get from GOG" a bit since that operation happens in the browser, not the server, at which point which games are removed and which are not is unknown. It would require me to pass additional information into the browser (a list of removed games) every time one performs a "Get from GOG".

Perhaps it would be simpler to just remove the games from the wishlist:
https://www.gog.com/user/wishlist/remove/1430901285 (remove Darksiders 2, if GOG allows it)
https://www.gog.com/user/wishlist/remove/1430901910 (remove Darksiders 2 DLC, if GOG allows it)

What do you think?

mrkgnao: according to my statistics, less that 1% of MaGog users use IE
Cavalary: And that less than 1% would probably be me, eh? :))
Still, did a search for all regionally priced entries, displayed the list of 1301 in maybe 2 min, possibly less, didn't actually time it. No locking.
You're not alone. I remember someone else saying that he/she uses IE. Perhaps Piranjade.

Still, as long as no one actively requests it, I will refrain from optionally breaking the output into multiple pages, but I guess the day will come at some point.
Post edited February 16, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: MaGog marks all the games on your wishlist that it recognises. MaGog recognises both current and removed games, unlike GOG that recognises only current games. The removed games are still on your wishlist, so MaGog marks them as wishlisted.

Frankly, I hadn't thought of this scenario. I guess it doesn't make much sense to mark removed games as wishlisted. However, filtering them out will complicate (and slow) the "Get from GOG" a bit since that operation happens in the browser, not the server, at which point which games are removed and which are not is unknown. It would require me to pass additional information into the browser (a list of removed games) every time one performs a "Get from GOG".

Perhaps it would be simpler to just remove the games from the wishlist:
https://www.gog.com/user/wishlist/remove/1430901285 (remove Darksiders 2, if GOG allows it)
https://www.gog.com/user/wishlist/remove/1430901910 (remove Darksiders 2 DLC, if GOG allows it)

What do you think?

[...]
Ah, so GOG just hides games that get removed from the store.
If one uses MaGog to search for a removed game would it show in people's wishlists if they had it wishlisted before it's removal? I run a quick search for Darksiders II and that field is empty, but perhaps I messed up the search?

I don't want you to make any changes on my behalf, as I said I just got curious about what was happening and why.

I will give your suggestion a shot, and report back.

mrkgnao: [...]

You're not alone. I remember someone else saying that he/she uses IE. Perhaps Piranjade.

Still, as long as no one actively requests it, I will refrain from optionally breaking the output into multiple pages, but I guess the day will come at some point.
I'm going to be selfish, and ask that when that time comes you add an option to display all results in a single page.

EDIT: No dice, GOG gives me a 404 for each link, and the games still show as part of my wishlist on MaGog. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate taking the time to sort this out, even though it's no real bother for me.
Post edited February 16, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Ah, so GOG just hides games that get removed from the store.
If one uses MaGog to search for a removed game would it show in people's wishlists if they had it wishlisted before it's removal? I run a quick search for Darksiders II and that field is empty, but perhaps I messed up the search?
No. When MaGog collects information from public wishlists, it only sees the public (i.e. GOG's) side of the wishlist, so no removed games. Only for oneself can one see the full wishlist.

HypersomniacLive: I'm going to be selfish, and ask that when that time comes you add an option to display all results in a single page.
I didn't for a moment consider it otherwise. I myself would also always want them on one page.

HypersomniacLive: EDIT: No dice, GOG gives me a 404 for each link, and the games still show as part of my wishlist on MaGog. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate taking the time to sort this out, even though it's no real bother for me.
Let me know if/when it bothers you and I will add the ability to ignore removed wishlisted games in the "Get From GOG".
high rated
mrkgnao: Still, as long as no one actively requests it, I will refrain from optionally breaking the output into multiple pages, but I guess the day will come at some point.
I like the word "optionally" in that sentence as opposed to GOGs forced paging. :)
high rated
mrkgnao: No. When MaGog collects information from public wishlists, it only sees the public (i.e. GOG's) side of the wishlist, so no removed games. Only for oneself can one see the full wishlist.

[...]
It might have led to some nice surprises if she did, but it makes sense that she doesn't. After all, she's a lady, and would never snoop around without explicit permission.