It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
tinyE: Is there going to be a 3rd? I mean has anything been mentioned by the boys in Blue?
Grargar: From the press release sent on the Star Wars site:

"These releases bring the Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com to a total of 18 games, spanning the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max franchises — with more to come. This deal is getting better all the time!"

Bolded text is my own.
Awesome....that bold bit is what I was looking for....reassurance that these 18 titles are not all there's going to be. GOG kind of makes it sound like this is it, the end of SW/Disney games coming to GOG. I wonder if they intend to bring the first Jedi Knight and the first Battlefront to GOG at all....seems highly unusual to release the 2nd game first....still I hope they don't intend to complete those two.
DarthTrethon: Awesome....that bold bit is what I was looking for....reassurance that these 18 titles are not all there's going to be. GOG kind of makes it sound like this is it, the end of SW/Disney games coming to GOG. I wonder if they intend to bring the first Jedi Knight and the first Battlefront to GOG at all....seems highly unusual to release the 2nd game first....still I hope they don't intend to complete those two.
The first Jedi Knight is already here. I think you meant the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Jedi_Knight_II:_Jedi_Outcast]second Jedi Knight[/url]. As for the first Battlefront, it's not available anywhere else (not on Steam and other stores that Disney games are sold) and I'm also not sure why.
Grargar: As for the first Battlefront, it's not available anywhere else (not on Steam and other stores that Disney games are sold) and I'm also not sure why.
Maybe because of license rights? Who made the first and who the second Battlefront? Was it from the same studio? Or who was the publisher?

EDIT: nevermind, both games were made by Pandemic Studios and LucasArts was the publisher (Aspyr for the Mac platform).
Post edited January 28, 2015 by opeter2
opeter2: Maybe because of license rights? Who made the first and who the second Battlefront? Was it from the same studio? Or who was the publisher?
Pandemic was the developer and LucasArts was the publisher. Exactly the same case with the second Battlefront. It's further confusing by the fact that the first game is included in the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Best_of_PC]Star Wars: The Best of PC[/url] compilation published by LucasArts.
Post edited January 28, 2015 by Grargar
DarthTrethon: Awesome....that bold bit is what I was looking for....reassurance that these 18 titles are not all there's going to be. GOG kind of makes it sound like this is it, the end of SW/Disney games coming to GOG. I wonder if they intend to bring the first Jedi Knight and the first Battlefront to GOG at all....seems highly unusual to release the 2nd game first....still I hope they don't intend to complete those two.
Grargar: The first Jedi Knight is already here. I think you meant the http://store.steampowered.com/app/32400/

EDIT: Nevermind it's on GOG I just missed it.
Post edited January 28, 2015 by DarthTrethon
DarthTrethon: I mean Star Wars: Dark Forces which is being sold on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/32400/

Both Dark Forces games, in fact. :)
DarthTrethon: I mean Star Wars: Dark Forces which is being sold on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/32400/

Grargar: Both Dark Forces games, in fact. :)
True. To clarify, Dark Forces 1 and Jedi Knight (+ Mysteries of the Sith) belong to the Dark Forces Saga; from there on, its Jedi Outcast and jedi Academy. I don't know why they just didn't labeled those as Dark Forces III + expanssion. However, it still confusses me too why call JK1 Dark Forces 2. The first game run on a completely different game engine, plus the gameplay was totally different, it was a pure shooter, no lightsabers nor force powers. In fact, Jedi Outcast should be labeled Jedi Knight II, but don't mind much anything what I'm saying, it's just that I can't understand the processes they have to label the games at Lucasarts/Activision/Disney.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I don't have any free time lately and I haven't been around much on the forum) but is there any estimate on the release of more games from Lucasarts/Lucasfilm that AREN'T from the Star Wars franchise? Several amazing Lucas adventure games are still missing from the catalogue.
sunshinecorp: I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I don't have any free time lately and I haven't been around much on the forum) but is there any estimate on the release of more games from Lucasarts/Lucasfilm that AREN'T from the Star Wars franchise? Several amazing Lucas adventure games are still missing from the catalogue.
No estimate at all. Just that more of them will be coming in 2015.
sunshinecorp: I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I don't have any free time lately and I haven't been around much on the forum) but is there any estimate on the release of more games from Lucasarts/Lucasfilm that AREN'T from the Star Wars franchise? Several amazing Lucas adventure games are still missing from the catalogue.
Grargar: No estimate at all. Just that more of them will be coming in 2015.
Thanks. :)
Grargar: Both Dark Forces games, in fact. :)
ReaverT: True. To clarify, Dark Forces 1 and Jedi Knight (+ Mysteries of the Sith) belong to the Dark Forces Saga; from there on, its Jedi Outcast and jedi Academy. I don't know why they just didn't labeled those as Dark Forces III + expanssion. However, it still confusses me too why call JK1 Dark Forces 2. The first game run on a completely different game engine, plus the gameplay was totally different, it was a pure shooter, no lightsabers nor force powers. In fact, Jedi Outcast should be labeled Jedi Knight II, but don't mind much anything what I'm saying, it's just that I can't understand the processes they have to label the games at Lucasarts/Activision/Disney.
Because Jedi Knight was a sequel to Dark Forces. Kyle Katarn being the protagonist in both. Not calling them all Dark Forces probably had to do with the change in gameplay you mentioned, migrating away from pure FPS gameplay. My guess is they dropped Dark Forces entirely after the success of Jedi Knight, that name having the better draw and there being no need to carry over the original branding. Probably similar to how Namco has stuck with Soul Calibur and never gone back to Soul Edge (or Blade).
Not big in the Star Wars stuff myself. But if you get SWOTL it will be an instabuy for me.....
If you get SWOLE...
thebes: Not big in the Star Wars stuff myself. But if you get SWOTL it will be an instabuy for me.....
SWOTL with the extra planes datadisks would also be an instabuy for me :-)
thebes: Not big in the Star Wars stuff myself. But if you get SWOTL it will be an instabuy for me.....
What does the abbreviation SWOTL stand for anyways?