It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
Jedi Knight had one of the most deceptive covers possible when I bought it at retail: Darth Vader with his lightsaber attacking you with only your lightsaber showing. The game takes place after Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. A really cool game but no Darth Vader. ;p

Proof: http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/993755839-00.jpg
tinyE: Is there going to be a 3rd? I mean has anything been mentioned by the boys in Blue?
Drosa: I certainly hope so. Most of the point and click adventure games like Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and the rest of the Monkey Island games are missing. Those are the ones I really want to see.
It's the adventure games I'm waiting on, as well. Including Maniac Mansion.
tinyE: Ditto, I just don't want to get my hopes up unless we know there is something else on the horizon. I don't care when, just if.
Stay Tuned!
This is my remaining Lucas Arts games wishlist:

- Zack McKraken
- Full Throttle
- The Dig
- Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
- Curse of Monkey Island
- Escape from Monkey Island (including Mouse Controls, please)
- Day of the Tenacle Remastered (Double Fine hopefully includes Maniac Mansion Remastered)
- Outlaws
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
- Indiana Jones and the Emperrors Tomb
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (PC premiere)
- Rebel Assault 1+2
- Shadow of the Empire
- Force Commander
- Jedi Outcast
- Jedi Academy

Maybe:
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Adventure)
- Star Wars Battlefront 1
- Force Unleashed 1+2 (Not that old, yet)
- Indy Desktop Adventures & Yoda Stories as free Games
Post edited January 28, 2015 by Rhyney
JinseiNGC224: I wonder, could you ever port the entire Rogue Squadron series to PC, even though many were console only? Most notably of course, Rogue Squadron II Rogue Leader (Gamecube launch exclusive), and Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike
I really doubt it will happen in a near future. Those games were really "exclusive" titles in the sense that they were specifically developed for the Gamecube architecture. The only way to do it would be with an embedded Gamecube emulator, and I can't see that happening if only for legal issues.
amcdermo: Jedi Knight had one of the most deceptive covers possible when I bought it at retail: Darth Vader with his lightsaber attacking you with only your lightsaber showing. The game takes place after Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. A really cool game but no Darth Vader. ;p

Proof: http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/993755839-00.jpg
Wasn't there Vader in multiplayer?
"Such classics as Curse of Monkey Island, Outlaws (please), and others? Pretty please?"
"Stay tuned!"

"Awesum, thanks! Maybe some1 can look into these "definitive" DOS versions" - TIE Fighter and X-Wing
"Definitely aware of this request and working to give folks what they want."

https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/560116199682744320
https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/558423882231582721

Figured they were worth a share again.
Joker41NAM: Thanks so much!
Now you just need to finish with the other remaining Star Wars games (Rebel Assault, Jedi Outcast & Academy, etc.).

Then, to bring proper balance to the Force, you need to get a bunch of Star Trek games (start with Starfleet Command series, please)...
I would love to see the Starfleet command series myself, but the Star Trek video game licence has changed hands several times and it might be a legal mess to get the legal clearences... which was not a problem with the Star Wars games. Once Lucasarts signed on, that was it.but with Star Trek yo u have whole mess of legal problems.
architeuthis_dux: Mac users can`t be satisfied - only 2 games in both waves? :( At least there`s Indy - love Fate of Atlantis soooo much :)
animalmother2105: I read somewhere here, that GOG is in talks with Aspyr who did Mac ports of some of the SW games, so it is possible that Mac users will get more in the (I hope near) future.
Yep, I do genuinely hope that a good number of Mac versions get released in this fashion - SimCIty 4, Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy (assuming their Windows releases come to GOG), and KOTOR DRM free versions would be wonderful to have.

Oh yeah, and here's the source for Aspyr's talks with GOG, if anyone's curious.
Still want to play Afterlife. Please! :D
Soooo, what's next?
opticq: Soooo, what's next?
I really hope the classic LucasFilm adventure games are next. And soon.

Things like Maniac Mansion, Day Of The Tentacle, Loom, Zak McKracken, Sam & Max. ( :
Is this it or will there be a wave 3? What of the first Battlefront and the first Jedi Knight?
DarthTrethon: Is this it or will there be a wave 3? What of the first Battlefront and the first Jedi Knight?
This is probably it for now. If there's a wave 3 it might take a few months (or longer)
tinyE: Is there going to be a 3rd? I mean has anything been mentioned by the boys in Blue?
From the press release sent on the Star Wars site:

"These releases bring the Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com to a total of 18 games, spanning the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max franchises — with more to come. This deal is getting better all the time!"

Bolded text is my own.