It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
AW JEEZ! you're KILLING me, GOG! I said I wanted to start finishing more games before buying new games in 2015.... but DAMN if I don't want to pick up Rogue Squadron and X-Wing Alliance RIGHT THIS SECOND....

You guys are gonna make this year really hard to hold onto my money, aren't you? :P
MonstroDaFisica: Now waiting for the original Battlefront, Republic Commando and Jedi Knight games.
RC should be here on Tuesday.
I know they aren't on the level of the first two, but aside from some Star Wars games I hope we get Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island.
Rosstifer1712: prediction for Wave 3;

Shadows of the Empire
Episode 1: Racer
Rouge Squadron
Battle for Naboo
Starfighter
The Phantom Menace

predicition for Wave 4;

Force Commander
Empire at War (with Forces of Corruption)
Rebel Assault 1&2
Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK)
Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast
Elmofongo: Question: Has it been confirmed there will be a 3rd and 4th wave?

Anyway:

Cut Emprie at war, rebellion, and Rogue Squadron (surprsingly) since its been confirmed

Shadows of the Empire....meh it did not age well.
Episode 1 Racer, that was on PC aswell?
Battle for Naboo....not needed since its lacking compared to the other flying games
Starfighter the same
The Phantom Menace..highly douibt it since it is a direct liscenes of the movie itself
Force Commander...oh well if we got Rebellion why not :P
Rebel Assault sucked.
Jedi Knight and Outcast well we also need Dark Forces 2. But I never though they were that good and I always think the PC version might have been a bad port.

Either way some of these games not really that wanted and can be easily supplanted for the Adventure games like Full Throttle and the Monkey Island Sequals and other good non star wars games like Outlaws.
Jedi Knight is Dark Forces 2.

Yes there was a PC version of Episode 1 Racer as well not just on N64 and Dreamcast.

I would prefer more adventure games than Star Wars plus Outlaws and Afterlife, they deserve re-releases.

I guess no love for Mortimer and the Riddles of the Medallion???
StingingVelvet: Man if Jedi Knight runs well in full screen with the music playing it will be my favorite release of the last year or so, new release games included.
I didn't know you were a SW fan. Far out.
I'm hoping for Monkey Island 3... Let's hope it won't be in vain.
When Darf Forces II - Jedi Knight will be released I hope that it will run also n WinXP with my NVidia GeforceGTX 650Ti in hardware mode (the demo only runs on win7 but only with wingui parameter added). And (before everybody is asking again): I have both OS but I prefer XP and think it is more user friendly.
Post edited January 23, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: When Darf Forces II - Jedi Knight will be released I hope that it will run also n WinXP with my NVidia GeforceGTX 650Ti in hardware mode (the demo only runs on win7 but only with wingui parameter added). And (before everybody is asking again): I have both OS but I prefer XP and think it is more user friendly.
The whole Disney catalog so far supports Windows XP, so I don't see a reason why Dark Forces II won't.
MarkoH01: When Darf Forces II - Jedi Knight will be released I hope that it will run also n WinXP with my NVidia GeforceGTX 650Ti in hardware mode
I don't like being "that guy" but I'd prepare yourself for it to only run in Software Mode.
MarkoH01: When Darf Forces II - Jedi Knight will be released I hope that it will run also n WinXP with my NVidia GeforceGTX 650Ti in hardware mode
tfishell: I don't like being "that guy" but I'd prepare yourself for it to only run in Software Mode.
GOG has gotten a lot of old DX games to run in HW 3D. I'm not sure why you believe that GOG can't do it for JK. Just because no one bothered to try on the Steam release?
Post edited January 23, 2015 by yyahoo
tfishell: I don't like being "that guy" but I'd prepare yourself for it to only run in Software Mode.
yyahoo: GOG has gotten a lot of old DX games to run in HW 3D. I'm not sure why you believe that GOG can't do it for JK. Just because no one bothered to try on the Steam release?
I'm basing this on the pattern of early-3D Star Wars releases. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are all set to run in Software Mode by default, correct? Unless GOG has been working for many months on a patch similar to the Dungeon Keeper 2 one, I figure it's best to keep our expectations low.

I could certainly be wrong, of course.
MarkoH01: When Darf Forces II - Jedi Knight will be released I hope that it will run also n WinXP with my NVidia GeforceGTX 650Ti in hardware mode (the demo only runs on win7 but only with wingui parameter added). And (before everybody is asking again): I have both OS but I prefer XP and think it is more user friendly.
Grargar: The whole Disney catalog so far supports Windows XP, so I don't see a reason why Dark Forces II won't.
Afaik there are people who can play it in HW mode on XP so I guess it is the combination of my NVidia card AND WinXP - funny though that it works in Win7.
yyahoo: GOG has gotten a lot of old DX games to run in HW 3D. I'm not sure why you believe that GOG can't do it for JK. Just because no one bothered to try on the Steam release?
tfishell: I'm basing this on the pattern of early-3D Star Wars releases. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are all set to run in Software Mode by default, correct? Unless GOG has been working for many months on a patch similar to the Dungeon Keeper 2 one, I figure it's best to keep our expectations low.

I guess, but the Jedi Knight games run in a completely different engine than the XvT games. I could understand why getting HW 3D running in the XW and TF games might be difficult as the base original engine for those games was first created in 1993, no doubt HW support was more or less hacked on. The Jedi Knight game engine however was originally designed in an era when D3D was firmly established. I'd like to think that, like Moto Racer, a D3D game from 1997 could be supported via HW, especially considering how awful those games look in software mode...

As you say, I could certainly be wrong as well...
tfishell: I'm basing this on the pattern of early-3D Star Wars releases. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are all set to run in Software Mode by default, correct? Unless GOG has been working for many months on a patch similar to the Dungeon Keeper 2 one, I figure it's best to keep our expectations low.

yyahoo: I guess, but the Jedi Knight games run in a completely different engine than the XvT games. I could understand why getting HW 3D running in the XW and TF games might be difficult as the base original engine for those games was first created in 1993, no doubt HW support was more or less hacked on. The Jedi Knight game engine however was originally designed in an era when D3D was firmly established. I'd like to think that, like Moto Racer, a D3D game from 1997 could be supported via HW, especially considering how awful those games look in software mode...

As you say, I could certainly be wrong as well...
Fair enough. I don't personally care either way, I just think - pondering it now - GOG may have allowed customers to set their expectations too high. Seemingly the major selling point for most people seems to be (at least on sites like Reddit), moreso than DRM-free, is the idea that Good Old Games can get games to run exactly like they did back in the day, hardware mode and all. I guess GOG tried to get rid of some of those expectations with the re-branding, but it doesn't seem to have really stuck. :-P
<span class="bold">question about dark forces</span>