It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*ahem*

activision...

https://youtu.be/rZ32gMZspFg
Don't blame the developers. Blame the publishers.
doady: Don't blame the developers. Blame the publishers.
Don't blame the publisher. Blame the players.
As if loot crates & micro-transactions weren't bad enough, you can now pre-order your micro-transactions...

https://youtu.be/kmISqCpO8RE
Post edited November 12, 2017 by fishbaits
fishbaits: As if loot crates & micro-transactions weren't bad enough, you can no pre-order your micro-transactions...

Can't wait for 2018 when they introduce a micotransaction Seasonpass.
It's this exact reason why I despise modern gaming.

Crate based Microtransactions are a horrible practice.

You cannot trust a single developer or publisher not to give into the temptation of incorporating gambling mechanics into potentially highly entertaining titles. I'm sick and tired of it, and many others feel the same way.

If any developers are reading this, if you decide to put said mechanics into your games, I will not be buying. I don't care if it's cosmetic only, It's still gambling and WILL do harm to the industry overall. Consumer confidence is essential, and with every corporate decision made for the sake of making quick money at the cost of player enjoyment, you damage any interest many may have in future products.

The moment you come out and say that you are adding Loot Boxes to your product, expect a decrease in overall score and entertainment value. I feel that bringing down review scores for these practicies is completely justifiabe, and if you don't like the backlash made by "entitled" gamers, DON'T put an anti-consumer mechanic into your title.

Yes, game development is expensive, but if your telling me that Loot Boxes are essential to keep your company going and I see your CEO on Twitter living a comfortable lifestyle with multiple cars, a yacht and several beach houses, I'm calling BS.

Many of my fave game franchises have been ruined due to the either Loot Boxes or corporate meddling.

And you wonder why gamers are "Toxic".

At the end of the day, I'm going to support developers with dignity. Everyone needs to understand that, consumers have ALL of the power. Voting with your wallet is the most powerful weapon we have.

Now...with that out of the way, I'm off to play an indie title with no Loot Boxes in it, haha
I have heard from someone playing shadow of war, that the game is really horrible comparing to shadow of mordor from the beginning - you have to fight with captains from the beginning, they are everywhere, because you have the crafting system connected to it. which is there because of the lockboxes. It is a different game - overloaded with mobs and hard fights.
It is strange that none mentioned this...

And I have heard only positive feedback from Assassin Creed origins, that you can have everything without buying those extra material boxes from dailies - none mentioned that either...

It is a bit sad how some games get away with annoying features while other games trying to make it fair and nobody notice it. Or did someone had a different experience?

I know a lot of players that will try to ignore it, but from my experience that is in their plan, so nothing will change if players will just keep buying those games :(.
<it can even worse; for nba 2k18 you have to use vc to change just your hairstyle of your player, and as a player you just need to do to much grinding to get some vc. You need to play 200 games to max out your player or buy the vc. and they constant remind you ingame to buy vc. VC = (Virtual currency)
If this is the future of gaming, then it ends here with me.

It's a bit comparing apples with pears but look at Netflix or Spotify, there you can watch hundreds of shows or listen to millions of song for just 10 euros.

Soon in gaming you get just for 10€ a lootbox.

Gaming becomes of hobby for the wealthy only.

Sorry for bad english.:)
Post edited November 11, 2017 by DryFish
lefali: I have heard from someone playing shadow of war, that the game is really horrible comparing to shadow of mordor from the beginning - you have to fight with captains from the beginning, they are everywhere, because you have the crafting system connected to it. which is there because of the lockboxes. It is a different game - overloaded with mobs and hard fights.
As someone who played this game to practically the end it sounds like the guy didn't know what he was talking about or you didn't. For one, there's no crafting system. And secondly, you can go the entire game without buying/opening a loot box and you'll still be able to finish the game just fine (without grinding). Heck, I barely even used the stuff I got from the ingame currency loot boxes.

As for 'hard fights', if he had difficulty issues, he probably should have lowered his. On top of that, nothing that comes out of a loot box is going to make those difficult fights easier all of a sudden.
Post edited November 11, 2017 by Pheace
This practice will continue as long as weak-willed and easily manipulated individuals keep buying this crap. The ONLY reason companies are releasing these loot boxes is because a significant number of players are buying them. If no one bought them -- or better yet, if people started actively avoiding games which included them -- the publishers wouldn't be putting them in their games. The fact that these loot boxes still exist is evidence that a significant number of players are willing to buy them. That completely boggles my mind as to why people give in to this crap. But until that attitude changes, the practice will continue.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/504370/discussions/0/1482109512312865565/?tscn=1510433704

"How do I get the Storm Cloud and the Elemental Steed mounts?
Hi there! It's me again!

Any purchase of Battlerite bundles on Twitch above $5 USD gives you a Twitch crate, which can unlock emotes, badges OR the cloud mount based on a random process.

Regardind the Elemental Steed, make sure to keep an eye on our social media and be the first one to find out when the giveaway will take place!

We hope that you enjoy your purchases and see you in the arena!"

So basically, you have to create a twitch account, buy something on twitch & you'll get a chest which gives you a random chance to win a mount or some useless crap that you don't want.
Twitch doesn't own the publishers/devs or is even involved, so this is all sorts of bollocks, just to get you to pay for "a chance" to get something, along with also giving even more people your personal data...
fishbaits: As if loot crates & micro-transactions weren't bad enough, you can no pre-order your micro-transactions...

Jim Sterling's future is looking very, very bright. o.O
richlind33: Jim Sterling's future is looking very, very bright. o.O
Devs keep pulling shit like this, Jim could make a pretty penny.

A Redditor asked "Seriously? I paid 80$ to have Vader locked?" on star wars battlefront subreddit. EA replied...

https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/?context=3]The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.[/url]

That's the most downvoted comment I've ever seen, -321k & only stopped there because Reddit locked the thread.

Sadly, whilst the poster was given *3gold, EA were given *17gold, showing that idiots are willing to throw money at EA...
Post edited November 13, 2017 by fishbaits
lefali: I have heard from someone playing shadow of war, that the game is really horrible comparing to shadow of mordor from the beginning - you have to fight with captains from the beginning, they are everywhere, because you have the crafting system connected to it. which is there because of the lockboxes. It is a different game - overloaded with mobs and hard fights.
Pheace: As someone who played this game to practically the end it sounds like the guy didn't know what he was talking about or you didn't. For one, there's no crafting system. And secondly, you can go the entire game without buying/opening a loot box and you'll still be able to finish the game just fine (without grinding). Heck, I barely even used the stuff I got from the ingame currency loot boxes.

As for 'hard fights', if he had difficulty issues, he probably should have lowered his. On top of that, nothing that comes out of a loot box is going to make those difficult fights easier all of a sudden.
Sorry, this was the problem:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/16/16483072/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-loot-boxes-farming

"Shadow of War’s in-game currency is called Mirian. Enemies drop it sometimes, you can get some as mission or bonus objective rewards and you get some when you dismantle random loot that drops from orc captains. Common pieces are worth about 200 Mirian, rares are worth about 300, epics are worth 400 and, if you get a duplicate Legendary, it is worth about 800."

And it wasn't about difficulty, it was about annoying game mechanics made on purpose with lootboxes you obviosly keep bashing down and not talking about - why ?

EDIT:
Maybe you simply enjoy such games overloaded with mobs - no problem with that, only that the experience was really different from Shadow of Mordor, where you was more like a stalker.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by lefali
lefali: Sorry, this was the problem:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/16/16483072/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-loot-boxes-farming

"Shadow of War’s in-game currency is called Mirian. Enemies drop it sometimes, you can get some as mission or bonus objective rewards and you get some when you dismantle random loot that drops from orc captains. Common pieces are worth about 200 Mirian, rares are worth about 300, epics are worth 400 and, if you get a duplicate Legendary, it is worth about 800."
I... still don't see the problem? That just explains that you can sell loot and how much money you get for selling it? You get absolutely flooded with loot in this game. In fact, one of my main complaints is that there's no easy way to manage it given how often you'll be selling it, it's hard to keep track of the pieces you'd prefer to keep.

And it wasn't about difficulty, it was about annoying game mechanics made on purpose with lootboxes you obviosly keep bashing down and not talking about - why ?
I'd love to talk about it but you're not actually naming any of these 'annoying game mechanics made on purpose with lootboxes', and without that I have no clue what you're talking about.

Do you even know what comes out of a loot box? No loot box, paid or ingame currency will give you anything that will have any significant difference in defeating captains that you won't get tons of just playing normally.

Maybe you simply enjoy such games overloaded with mobs - no problem with that, only that the experience was really different from Shadow of Mordor, where you was more like a stalker.
I fail to see how it is that different. If you want to stalk you can stalk just fine in this game, except of course for the siege defenses since you're on a timer there (unless you're fine losing your defending captains). Even the sieges you can just take your time if you want and just stalk/stealth your way to victory.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by Pheace