It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't mind the update but games like the Tex Murpy games and lots of other games are priced more expensive than STEAM in Canadian Dollars, like 14 bucks CAD compared to normal 10.99CAD on steam, this is wide on alot of games on gog, which makes me sad because it only really matches prices of steam if they go on sale...
How about updating simply so that everyone has to pay the same/have to pay the EU or USD price removing all other currencies?

OR giving everyone the choice what region price to pay no matter their location?
Remember your own video: "The Regional Ripoff: Why Can't Gaming Be Fair?"
Post edited October 13, 2019 by Andele3025
Andele3025: Remember your own video: "The Regional Ripoff: Why Can't Gaming Be Fair?"
They had to forego this with lots of apologising though. Too many did not want to sell their games here without regional pricing.
Andele3025: Remember your own video: "The Regional Ripoff: Why Can't Gaming Be Fair?"
Themken: They had to forego this with lots of apologising though. Too many did not want to sell their games here without regional pricing.
Same could be said about without DRM.
But first issue was that CDP never stood for no regional pricing, Witcher 2 was the first game that ended up on GOG with regional prices for a while, and then the floodgates opened when Witcher 3 was upcoming.
Andele3025: How about updating simply so that everyone has to pay the same/have to pay the EU or USD price removing all other currencies?
Different currencies are a good thing (though of course if removing them would be the price to pay for getting rid of regional pricing again, all for it), the different prices are the problem, especially when regions pay more than the base price (not that you can make regional discounts actually fair, but still).
Andele3025: OR giving everyone the choice what region price to pay no matter their location?
Ah, that can't work. Everybody'd "move" to Russia.
I don't even have and option to choose different currencies. It is on USD and don't give me any other options.
How about you guys add South-African Rands or ZAR?
Andele3025: How about updating simply so that everyone has to pay the same/have to pay the EU or USD price removing all other currencies?

OR giving everyone the choice what region price to pay no matter their location?
I miss the fair price program.
I used to pay the same price on GOG as most other stores because of it.
Now that it ended, GOG is about 11% more expensive than many other bigger stores.
No prizes for guessing how this influenced my purchasing habits.

Although yeah, obviously people cant choose their region freely, everyone would just move to Russia.
Personally I really hate being charged in euros, as my country does NOT use the euro, and has no plans to adopt it.
Almost everything I buy online happens in USD
I wish GOG would stop charging me even numbers of a currency I'm not used to thinking in or dealing with.
Post edited October 24, 2019 by Enizer
We’ve updated exchange rates and the current ones are as follows:

5.99$ = 5.39 EUR = 4.69 GBP = 8.79 AUD = 388 RUB = 22.99 PLN = 57.70 SEK = 54.70 NOK = 40.10 DKK = 5.99 CHF = 7.89 CAD = 24.59 BRL = 42.00 CNY

9.99$ = 8.99 EUR = 7.79 GBP = 14.59 AUD = 639 RUB = 38.39 PLN = 96.30 SEK = 91.30 NOK = 67.00 DKK = 9.89 CHF = 13.09 CAD = 40.99 BRL = 71.00 CNY

14.99$ = 13.49 EUR = 11.59 GBP = 21.89 AUD = 959 RUB = 57.49 PLN = 144.50 SEK = 144.50 NOK = 100.50 DKK = 14.89 CHF = 19.69 CAD = 61.59 BRL = 106.00 CNY
Post edited December 09, 2019 by chandra
chandra: 5.99$ = 5.39 EUR

9.99$ = 8.99 EUR

14.99$ = 13.49 EUR
I see for us euro users rates stay the same.

Enizer: I miss the fair price program.
Now that it ended, GOG is about 11% more expensive than many other bigger stores.

Although yeah, obviously people cant choose their region freely, everyone would just move to Russia.
Personally I really hate being charged in euros, as my country does NOT use the euro, and has no plans to adopt it.
I wish GOG would stop charging me even numbers of a currency I'm not used to thinking in or dealing with.
https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2016/50/netherlands-largest-net-contributor-eu-this-century

Anyway, hardware is quite expensive same PC builds are cheaper elsewhere :D
Post edited November 07, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Enizer: I miss the fair price program.

gamesfreak64: https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2016/50/netherlands-largest-net-contributor-eu-this-century

Pretty sure it is against EU law to lock me out of a cheaper price point, within the EU.
VPN from Poland, gives me local pricing which is roughly £10 cheaper than GBP.
Tried to change my account currency to Zloty and am only being shown GBP, USD and EUR.
Change my account local to Poland, and still only given the options of GBP, USD and EUR.

So without using a VPN, I am not able to benefit from the cheaper price, and am being redirected/ gated by my IP within the EU.

Pretty sure that is not allowed, but would legitimately like to know what they are doing that allows them to get around this rule, or is this just a mistake on their part which should be fixed:)

Or am I being stupid and missing a setting?

Post edited November 22, 2019 by Thailander01
gamesfreak64: https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2016/50/netherlands-largest-net-contributor-eu-this-century

Thailander01: Pretty sure it is against EU law to lock me out of a cheaper price point, within the EU.
VPN from Poland, gives me local pricing which is roughly £10 cheaper than GBP.
Tried to change my account currency to Zloty and am only being shown GBP, USD and EUR.
Change my account local to Poland, and still only given the options of GBP, USD and EUR.

So without using a VPN, I am not able to benefit from the cheaper price, and am being redirected/ gated by my IP within the EU.

Pretty sure that is not allowed, but would legitimately like to know what they are doing that allows them to get around this rule, or is this just a mistake on their part which should be fixed:)

Or am I being stupid and missing a setting?

regarding:

" Or am I being stupid and missing a setting? "

i dont know if you are , i do know most EU members might be 'stupid' many might be 'unaware'
they pay through the nose"

meaning:

Meaning of pay through the nose in English

pay through the nose

informal

to pay too much money for something:

We paid through the nose to get the car fixed.
Anyway many don't know or maybe just don't even care ( enough) about the fact things became quite expensive in 2002 . My wallet is quite empty ⊙︿⊙
Post edited November 24, 2019 by gamesfreak64
We’ve updated exchange rates and the current ones are as follows:
5.99$ = 5.49 EUR = 4.59 GBP = 8.79 AUD = 389 RUB = 23.19 PLN = 57.00 SEK = 55 NOK = 40.40 DKK = 5.99 CHF = 7.99 CAD = 25.19 BRL = 42.00 CNY

9.99$ = 9.09 EUR = 7.69 GBP = 14.69 AUD = 649 RUB = 38.59 PLN = 95.10 SEK = 91.70 NOK = 67.40 DKK = 9.89 CHF = 13.29 CAD = 41.99 BRL = 70.00 CNY

14.99$ = 13.59 EUR = 11.49 GBP = 21.99 AUD = 959 RUB = 57.89 PLN = 142.70 SEK = 137.60 NOK = 101.10 DKK = 14.89 CHF = 19.89 CAD = 62.99 BRL = 106.00 CNY
chandra: We’ve updated exchange rates and the current ones are as follows:
5.99$ = 5.49 EUR = 4.59 GBP = 8.79 AUD = 389 RUB = 23.19 PLN = 57.00 SEK = 55 NOK = 40.40 DKK = 5.99 CHF = 7.99 CAD = 25.19 BRL = 42.00 CNY

9.99$ = 9.09 EUR = 7.69 GBP = 14.69 AUD = 649 RUB = 38.59 PLN = 95.10 SEK = 91.70 NOK = 67.40 DKK = 9.89 CHF = 13.29 CAD = 41.99 BRL = 70.00 CNY

14.99$ = 13.59 EUR = 11.49 GBP = 21.99 AUD = 959 RUB = 57.89 PLN = 142.70 SEK = 137.60 NOK = 101.10 DKK = 14.89 CHF = 19.89 CAD = 62.99 BRL = 106.00 CNY
you're spoiling sale date reveals :P
Does anyone know the conversion rate for MXN??? Why GoG doesn't have a currency exchange page before you make the payment, dollar prices change everyday. Thanks in advance.
SkyWick: Does anyone know the conversion rate for MXN??? Why GoG doesn't have a currency exchange page before you make the payment, dollar prices change everyday. Thanks in advance.
GOG only currently supports the 13 currencies listed in the previous posts (the Mexican peso is not among them -yet?). You will be charged in one of those 13 currencies (I understand it's USD), and then your bank or whatever payment method you choose will convert it to your local currency, which as you said depends on the exchange rates for that particular day. It may also include exchange fees.