It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gede: Another alternative would be to limit the gifting on newer accounts. For every month without any chargeback, you would be able to gift more (in number or cost of games).
Or allowing a purchase as a gift only for some payment options (e.g. paysafecard).
I love how people who do giveaways think that their giveaways make GOG enough money to cover the cost of assholes stealing credit cards and then buying up the most expensive games to launder their money.
Gede: I would use "ignorant" before jumping to "stupid". I had never came across G2A. I see some really good prices there. Some of them may be purchased during promotions, others are suspiciously low.
Most of the time I'd agree with you, but in this case, I feel 'stupid' is probably right on the mark. People buying from sites where keys are always cheaper than the source or other proven legitimate sources (such as Steam) have to be just plain stupid not to realize there's sometihng fishy going on.

Gede: However, The Pirate Bay has the games on a permanent 100% discount! If they want the games super-cheap, try them there. No DRM, no gifting restrictions...
This touches on the above point. People are stupid enough not to pause and wonder why these game keys are so cheap, yet they tell themselves they're good to go becuase they're not getting the games on The Pirate Bay. This makes me think of a site someone linked in another thread (this was a while ago, and I don't recall which thread) where GOG accounts were being sold and many people in the thread linked on that site thought it was all legit. Stupid.

DAlancole: I love how people who do giveaways think that their giveaways make GOG enough money to cover the cost of assholes stealing credit cards and then buying up the most expensive games to launder their money.
Who made that claim?
Post edited September 02, 2015 by GR00T
Gede: Another alternative would be to limit the gifting on newer accounts. For every month without any chargeback, you would be able to gift more (in number or cost of games).
0Grapher: Or allowing a purchase as a gift only for some payment options (e.g. paysafecard).
this! at least you could buy gifts that way again when you want to.
Or even allow codes bought via paypal and other means to be redeemed only when the refund/chargeback period is gone out. better have to wait 30 days until I can gift something than not being able to gift at all. And people that take more than 30 days to realize their cc was stolen and used to purchase illegitimate stuff, just deserve it ;) also that way gog can't loose money because of the fraud, I think, because stuff purchased that's being refunded, can't be redeemed or resold already.
GR00T: Most of the time I'd agree with you, but in this case, I feel 'stupid' is probably right on the mark. People buying from sites where keys are always cheaper than the source or other proven legitimate sources (such as Steam) have to be just plain stupid not to realize there's sometihng fishy going on.

This touches on the above point. People are stupid enough not to pause and wonder why these game keys are so cheap, yet they tell themselves they're good to go becuase they're not getting the games on The Pirate Bay. This makes me think of a site someone linked in another thread (this was a while ago, and I don't recall which thread) where GOG accounts were being sold and many people in the thread linked on that site thought it was all legit. Stupid.
I agree with you, with one caveat, sometimes it's not so much stupidity as selective blindness and greed.

I have a libertarian acquaitance who even though he admits to it being morally objectionable, refuses to condemn; for example: buying humble bundle keys then reselling them on G2A. To him it's a simple matter of market supply and demand.

I wanted to cry.

Other than that, Real's arguments are solid. I might not be the best solution, but it's probably the best one (or least harmful) they could come up with their limited manpower, to solve an unsolvable problem.
j0ekerr: I have a libertarian acquaitance who even though he admits to it being morally objectionable, refuses to condemn; for example: buying humble bundle keys then reselling them on G2A. To him it's a simple matter of market supply and demand.
Obligatory XKCD comic
EDIT: double post, because of course it did.
Post edited September 03, 2015 by OneFiercePuppy
OneFiercePuppy: Obligatory XKCD comic
Oh dear, I was unaware of that word.
It's a good one.
Post edited September 03, 2015 by j0ekerr
I regret to inform you that Terraria has joined the list :(
Why has this wish not more entries by now? I think communication is very important, so why do only 50 people wish for it?
Lifthrasil: Why has this wish not more entries by now? I think communication is very important, so why do only 50 people wish for it?
Maybe it wasn't communicated properly.
Lifthrasil: Why has this wish not more entries by now? I think communication is very important, so why do only 50 people wish for it?
ZFR: Maybe it wasn't communicated properly.
Probably... damn. So, people, please communicate that we need communication! ;-)
high rated
BREAKING NEWS: Temporary gifting restrictions finally removed due to anti-fraud measures introduced on the website.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/blocking_users_clearing_chat_and_new_fraud_protection/post1

1) Fraud Protection
We've recently faced a significant number of fraudulent transaction attempts with stolen cards. It's a serious issue for us, so to combat this we just introduced a new form of fraud protection during gift checkout.

Starting today, purchasing gifts via Credit/Debit Card will be limited on new accounts. The security measures will be automatically lifted two months after you complete any purchase on your account, regardless of the payment method used.

Gifting via all other payment methods will not be affected. So you can make any transaction with any payment method, and two months later you'll be able to start gifting with your Credit/Debit card. If this applies to your account, you should see the following message during checkout:

"Purchasing gifts via Credit/Debit Card is not yet enabled on this account - these security measures are automatically lifted two months after completing any purchase, regardless of the payment method. Please keep in mind that you can always purchase gifts through another payment method.

If you have any questions or concerns, our customer support team is ready to help."
EDIT: The Witcher 3 initially available for gifting after the GOG update is now blocked again.
Post edited September 04, 2015 by stg83
stg83: BREAKING NEWS: Temporary gifting restrictions finally removed due to anti-fraud measures introduced on the website.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/blocking_users_clearing_chat_and_new_fraud_protection/post1
The Witcher 3 is still blocked from gifting :-/
toxicTom: The Witcher 3 is still blocked from gifting :-/
Indeed it is, although when I first posted that it was possible to gift The Witcher 3 as well but later it was restricted again. Hopefully we can get an answer from GOG regarding this before the sale is over.