It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Treasure: Letting you know about a typo on the url syntax: The url on the Slave Zero entry on post 3 doesn't work correctly as it leads to Gog's 404 page.
Thanks. Fixed.
Fyi: The just released Parkan:Iron Strategy doesn't include a manual in the extras. It is pretty certain that the retail version included one, as is evident from this review - I didn't find said manual yet, but will keep looking...
Post edited July 28, 2016 by Treasure
Treasure: Fyi: The just released Parkan:Iron Strategy doesn't include a manual in the extras. It is pretty certain that the retail version included one, as is evident from this review - I didn't find said manual yet, but will keep looking...
Thank you. Added to list and Appendix A.
Treasure: I didn't find said manual yet, but will keep looking...
Didn't find it either. Looked on Russian sites in case there is something there. The only reference I found:
http://www.gamez.ru/talks/21614.htm

which says there is a readme file on the disc in pdf format. Wonder if it's included in the GOG version after installation.
Treasure: I didn't find said manual yet, but will keep looking...
ZFR: Didn't find it either. Looked on Russian sites in case there is something there. The only reference I found:
http://www.gamez.ru/talks/21614.htm

which says there is a readme file on the disc in pdf format. Wonder if it's included in the GOG version after installation.
there is a html readme containing a short control listing but thats it, a friend sent me his russian iso and while it does have a ondisk manual it is in russian.
Lord_Kane: there is a html readme containing a short control listing but thats it, a friend sent me his russian iso and while it does have a ondisk manual it is in russian.
I found that readme online and made a PDF out of it. With this list of controls the game should be at least playable:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxfnf4zNxirHQmtQVC1TVnRWaEk/view
Lord_Kane: there is a html readme containing a short control listing but thats it, a friend sent me his russian iso and while it does have a ondisk manual it is in russian.
If the ondisk manual in in pdf format and looks helpful/extended enough, could you please link me to it? After all, a manual in Russian is probably better than no manual at all, as the former will be understood at the very least by Russians...

Impaler26: I found that readme online and made a PDF out of it. With this list of controls the game should be at least playable:
Thanks a lot for providing the link to this file. Added it to my gogmix. :-)
Treasure: If the ondisk manual in in pdf format and looks helpful/extended enough, could you please link me to it? After all, a manual in Russian is probably better than no manual at all, as the former will be understood at the very least by Russians...

Impaler26: I found that readme online and made a PDF out of it. With this list of controls the game should be at least playable:
Treasure: Thanks a lot for providing the link to this file. Added it to my gogmix. :-)
Yeah you are right, he gave me like 3 isos as there was Parkan Iron Strategy, Parkan Iron Strategy Part 1(?!) Parkan Iron Strategy part 2 <?!!?!?> released in russia. do yo want me to just give you the manuals from all three?
Treasure: If the ondisk manual in in pdf format and looks helpful/extended enough, could you please link me to it? After all, a manual in Russian is probably better than no manual at all, as the former will be understood at the very least by Russians...

Treasure: Thanks a lot for providing the link to this file. Added it to my gogmix. :-)
Fuck it. i just upped all three to a folder on my Dropbox: take your best guess to what release GOG has and mirror it to your hearts content!

Parkan Iron Strategy Manuals (RU)
Lord_Kane: Yeah you are right, he gave me like 3 isos as there was Parkan Iron Strategy, Parkan Iron Strategy Part 1(?!) Parkan Iron Strategy part 2 <?!!?!?> released in russia. do yo want me to just give you the manuals from all three?
Lord_Kane: Fuck it. i just upped all three to a folder on my Dropbox: take your best guess to what release GOG has and mirror it to your hearts content!

Well, I just looked at all 3 manuals (I wasn't online for a while) and they look very similar. The manuals for "Part 1" and Part 2" look like they are more extended versions of the 1st manual as both have double the number of pages and some sections are more extended in those 2 than in the 1st (e.g. section 2 of the contents seems way more extended) -I do not understand Russian fyi, I just compared the symbols, some of which weren't totally unfamiliar, since a portion of the Russian alphabet derives from the Greek one. In addition, the manuals of Part 2 and Part 3 seemed to me almost identical (with only perhaps the cover being different). I myself will then link to all 3 as well, and Russians who actually understand Russian can always post on this thread and point us to differences we might have missed .
In other news, earlier yesterday someone (not sure whether it's good manners to refer to him by username) offered in the release thread to scan the English manual of the game he has in his possession and I kindly asked him to also link to it in this thread, but he won't be able to get around to it until Tuesday, so coming Wednesday, we should hopefully have the English manual as well....
Post edited July 30, 2016 by Treasure
Lord_Kane: Fuck it. i just upped all three to a folder on my Dropbox: take your best guess to what release GOG has and mirror it to your hearts content!

Treasure: Russians who actually understand Russian can always post on this thread and point us to differences we might have missed .
I understand Russian. The difference between the smaller one and the two bigger ones (part 1 and 2) is basically a whole 70 pages chapter of a "Story so far".

The differences between part 1 and part 2 are very minor. Part 2 has a few pages section added called "database" which appear to be an appendix of ships and their statistics.
Added Russian manual to the list.
ZFR: I understand Russian. The difference between the smaller one and the two bigger ones (part 1 and 2) is basically a whole 70 pages chapter of a "Story so far".
The differences between part 1 and part 2 are very minor. Part 2 has a few pages section added called "database" which appear to be an appendix of ships and their statistics.
Ah, I hadn't thought about non-Russians who would understand Russian -ah well, mea culpa, at least it's pretty good in that case that you can understand it. Also thanks for explaining the differences between the 3 versions - seems to me it would still be a good idea to keep linking to all 3 e.g. there are maybe people who wouldn't care about the story so far (I assume this is what was contained in section 2, which I also observed was much bigger in the 2 other pdfs) and would outright skip it. Since however, I barely managed to fit both the link to these manuals and the controls list in the entry, those who understand Russian will have to come to this thread to see the differences-hopefully, they won't be too annoyed...
Fyi: The 3 new Disney games released today (Aladdin, Lion King, and Jungle Book) have no manuals in the extras. I already found manuals for Aladdin and Lion King, but not yet for Jungle Book -at least not for its dos version, which is what was released here (it seems that the versions of the games here are the dos ones). I'll keep looking for Jungle Book...
edit-I found Jungle Book's French manual at least...

P.S Btw, should I prod the individual who said he was going to scan the manual for Parkan Iron Strategy or let it be until he remembers it himself?
Post edited August 04, 2016 by Treasure
Treasure: Fyi: The 3 new Disney games released today (Aladdin, Lion King, and Jungle Book) have no manuals in the extras. I already found manuals for Aladdin and Lion King, but not yet for Jungle Book -at least not for its dos version, which is what was released here (it seems that the versions of the games here are the dos ones). I'll keep looking for Jungle Book...
edit-I found Jungle Book's French manual at least...
Thanks. All updated.

Treasure: P.S Btw, should I prod the individual who said he was going to scan the manual for Parkan Iron Strategy or let it be until he remembers it himself?
I'd say give them a little more time. Maybe by end of next week if there is still no word.