It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CatherineBr: Would it be feasible to add links to the first post, to make finding those games easier? I totally understand if you don't want to (as it is time consuming), just thought I would ask.

Also,these are potential additions

Heroes of Might and Magic 1: The barbarian faction has wolves as one of their units, though it seems like the rest of the units are more fantasy (unicorns, dragons, etc..) than not.

Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Wizards have Boars, and the Barbarians from 1 return with their wolves.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Inferno Town can create 'Hellhounds', though it seems like the rest are basically reduced to 'mounts' rather than actual units in their own rights (like wolf riders instead of just wolves). Not sure if this would be enough to include it, and it has been a while since I played it, so can't quite remember whether or not there were 'animal' recruitment through non-town areas. Ah, the expansion brought back Boars as non-aligned creatures

Heroes of Might and Magic 4: One of the towns has 'Nightmares' which are based upon horses, the 'Preserve' town has Wolves and White tigers, and Mantis as well.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Academy has 'Rakshasa', Inferno has Hellhounds and Hell Chargers, though that seems all for the official towns, there may be true creatures available through non-town aligned recruitment, but again, it has been a while since I played it (and was honestly disappointed in this one, due to it being so far from the previous games storyline/characters and it was laggy on my previous computer)

Edit: Forgot this one:

Mad Max: It has a dog that you can save, and while it isn't a true companion in the way Dogmeat is in the Fallout series, it does have a further use and you can 'travel' with it. (I am not finished with this game, so if it becomes more important later on, I haven't gotten to that point yet.)
Thanks for your suggestions! Regarding the links to the games in the first post, I had thought about it, but didn't add them for two reasons:
1 - It actually takes a lot of time.
2 - The links use a lot of extra characters, and as a result I would have probably already run out of space in the post and would have to start breaking up the list, which would cause other organization problems.

I'll keep this in mind for future edits though.

As for the Heroes of Might and Magic games, from the description you give of them the animals would seem very few and relegated to very minor roles. So I would rule them out, except maybe Heroes of Might and Magic 4 which seems to have more animals as active enemies.

If Mad Max's dog remains a companion for all or most of the game instead it would be perfect for the list, so I've added it for now. Let me know if there are any developments. You reminded me to add Fallout 3 as well, thanks!

I also added Ring of Pain and A Plague Tale: Innocence as suggested in previous posts.
Post edited October 20, 2021 by Alexim
CatherineBr: Would it be feasible to add links to the first post, to make finding those games easier? I totally understand if you don't want to (as it is time consuming), just thought I would ask.

Also,these are potential additions

Heroes of Might and Magic 1: The barbarian faction has wolves as one of their units, though it seems like the rest of the units are more fantasy (unicorns, dragons, etc..) than not.

Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Wizards have Boars, and the Barbarians from 1 return with their wolves.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Inferno Town can create 'Hellhounds', though it seems like the rest are basically reduced to 'mounts' rather than actual units in their own rights (like wolf riders instead of just wolves). Not sure if this would be enough to include it, and it has been a while since I played it, so can't quite remember whether or not there were 'animal' recruitment through non-town areas. Ah, the expansion brought back Boars as non-aligned creatures

Heroes of Might and Magic 4: One of the towns has 'Nightmares' which are based upon horses, the 'Preserve' town has Wolves and White tigers, and Mantis as well.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Academy has 'Rakshasa', Inferno has Hellhounds and Hell Chargers, though that seems all for the official towns, there may be true creatures available through non-town aligned recruitment, but again, it has been a while since I played it (and was honestly disappointed in this one, due to it being so far from the previous games storyline/characters and it was laggy on my previous computer)

Edit: Forgot this one:

Mad Max: It has a dog that you can save, and while it isn't a true companion in the way Dogmeat is in the Fallout series, it does have a further use and you can 'travel' with it. (I am not finished with this game, so if it becomes more important later on, I haven't gotten to that point yet.)
Alexim: Thanks for your suggestions! Regarding the links to the games in the first post, I had thought about it, but didn't add them for two reasons:
2 - The links use a lot of extra characters, and as a result I would have probably already run out of space in the post and would have to start breaking up the list, which would cause other organization problems.

As for the Heroes of Might and Magic games, from the description you give of them the animals would seem very few and relegated to very minor roles. So I would rule them out, except maybe Heroes of Might and Magic 4 which seems to have more animals as active enemies.

If Mad Max's dog remains a companion for all or most of the game instead it would be perfect for the list, so I've added it for now. Let me know if there are any developments. You reminded me to add Fallout 3 as well, thanks!

I also added Ring of Pain and A Plague Tale: Innocence as suggested in previous posts.
Yeah, that is what I thought, though I keep forgetting about character limits..

Having finished Mad Max, I feel it might not be quite what you are looking for. The dog remains pretty much 'static' in that he is only really useful for that one 'use' (don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played it), and while you can 'travel with it', it isn't really optimal to do so.

But, I never even realized FAllout 3 wasn't on the list :P Huh, dogmeat wasn't a companion in new vegas, but do you have 1 and 2? they both have dogmeat as a companion as far as I know.
Alexim: Thanks for your suggestions! Regarding the links to the games in the first post, I had thought about it, but didn't add them for two reasons:

CatherineBr: Yeah, that is what I thought, though I keep forgetting about character limits..

Having finished Mad Max, I feel it might not be quite what you are looking for. The dog remains pretty much 'static' in that he is only really useful for that one 'use' (don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played it), and while you can 'travel with it', it isn't really optimal to do so.

But, I never even realized FAllout 3 wasn't on the list :P Huh, dogmeat wasn't a companion in new vegas, but do you have 1 and 2? they both have dogmeat as a companion as far as I know.
I see, so I'll remove Mad Max for now.

Actually, even though I own the two original Fallouts I've never played them so I didn't know Dogmeat was already present. I'll add them both, thanks!
CatherineBr: Yeah, that is what I thought, though I keep forgetting about character limits..

Alexim: I see, so I'll remove Mad Max for now.

Actually, even though I own the two original Fallouts I've never played them so I didn't know Dogmeat was already present. I'll add them both, thanks!
Same here, I tried the original two and just couldn't get into them, but I looked it up, and while Dogmeat isn't as easy to obtain in the second game (and potentially not as a regular companion), he is still in the game and the PC can encounter them.

I just had read up on dogmeat and remember reading that he was a sort of 'recurring' character (or she technically I think, think the dog it was based upon was female, but can't remember now).
LumbearJack

Jack is a humble bear with a simple dream: to return nature to its former glory with the help of his trusty axe and his animal friends.
ConsulCaesar: LumbearJack

Jack is a humble bear with a simple dream: to return nature to its former glory with the help of his trusty axe and his animal friends.
Potentially adorable game, thank you!
Not at all a gme FOCUSED on animals, but in Tales of Monkey Island chapter 5 you can befriend an adorable dog that will be collaborate or make your life harder in a few puzzles. I thought that someone might like this. Being the game episodic you can just jump to chapter 5.
https://scummbar.com/images/dep/tmicharacters/fullFranklin.jpeg
Alexim: Webbed (Coming soon)
Webbed was released some time ago.
Dogmaus: Not at all a gme FOCUSED on animals, but in Tales of Monkey Island chapter 5 you can befriend an adorable dog that will be collaborate or make your life harder in a few puzzles. I thought that someone might like this. Being the game episodic you can just jump to chapter 5.
https://scummbar.com/images/dep/tmicharacters/fullFranklin.jpeg
Thanks, that seems relevant enough to warrant him being on the list!

Alexim: Webbed (Coming soon)
Ice_Mage: Webbed was released some time ago.
Right, updated thanks!

I had just added Clid, if anyone noticed any other recently released games with animals let me know!
Post edited December 16, 2021 by Alexim
Catie in MeowmeowLand - https://www.gog.com/game/catie_in_meowmeowland

The player character is a human girl, but she's in a land that is populated primarily by cats.
Alexim: I had just added Clid, if anyone noticed any other recently released games with animals let me know!
Calico snuck by you last year.
LordCephy: Catie in MeowmeowLand - https://www.gog.com/game/catie_in_meowmeowland

The player character is a human girl, but she's in a land that is populated primarily by cats.
Ice_Mage: Calico snuck by you last year.
Puuurfect!
Thanks to both of you!
Post edited December 18, 2021 by Alexim
And another feline-themed game for your collection:
Super Catboy (coming soon)

I might want this one. It looks cute and silly.
Ice_Mage: And another feline-themed game for your collection:
Super Catboy (coming soon)

I might want this one. It looks cute and silly.
Thank you, and I also add the new Zniw Adventure featuring a cute dinosaur.
Today's release: https://www.gog.com/game/lets_ride_silver_buckle_stables