It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maxvorstadt: No one mentioned The I of the Dragon yet?
yes but a dragon is not a real life animal, existing in our world, even though one could argue that is based on real reptiles, it was decided to not include dragons in this list AFAIR.
Alexim: It's true that in fantasy worlds dragons could be considered animals, but since they don't exist in the real world, I would tend to exclude them from this list.
here
so the other games that you see, something dragon something, must have been included because of other animals in the game.
Post edited March 04, 2021 by Dogmaus
ITTA features a cat spirit guide/companion.
I haven't updated the list in a while, so here are the latest additions you suggested and some recent releases:

Death Gate (Delisted)
Retro Classix: Gate of Doom
ITTA
Astrodogs
The Longest Road on Earth (Coming soon)

ConsulCaesar: ITTA features a cat spirit guide/companion.
Good catch, thank you!
Post edited April 12, 2021 by Alexim
Spindle has a pig as helper
Wolfstride has a character that's a dog mechanic
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows - you can play as a teddy bear, not a real bear though
Nine Noir Lives - it's a cat's world

all just demos for now
Hm. Bee Simulator, Goat Simulator, and Okami do not seem to be on GOG.

AWAY: The Survival Series will have a sugar glider as the protagonist, once the game is out next month. Not sure if that's going to be on GOG.
Dogmaus: Nine Noir Lives - it's a cat's world
A new pnc? Had to wishlist that.
frogthroat: Hm. Bee Simulator, Goat Simulator, and Okami do not seem to be on GOG.

AWAY: The Survival Series will have a sugar glider as the protagonist, once the game is out next month. Not sure if that's going to be on GOG.
it's not unnounced. You can check "unofficially confirmed" games here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2
O̶h̶h̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶r̶o̶.̶ ̶G̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶O̶P̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶O̶P̶.̶.̶.̶
Edit: Okay, not a necro; and he did update the OP. :)

Miasmata.

It's a decent exploration game. Not very long, but good for 3 or 4 play-throughs at least.

From the GP: [game page]

"During your adventure, you’ll encounter a mysterious and deadly creature. This creature can stalk you for miles, lurking behind grasses and vegetative cover. By treading carefully and quietly, you may be able to elude the creature. If you’re careless, however, you will be forced to confront the creature head-on."

"Day 5: I am being hunted by a mysterious creature. It stalks me day and night. I cannot let my guard down, for he is a cunning and intelligent adversary."

View the GP for a look at the creatures visage.

Also, wait for a sale... :)
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Martek
Martek: Ohhh, a necro. Guess we'll see if the OP updates the OP...
It's Alexim. He's usually active on his threads. Pretty sure he's going to update.
Martek: Ohhh, a necro. Guess we'll see if the OP updates the OP...
it's a list thread, I wouldn't call it a necro. you post when there are new animals related games. it's the whole point of the list.

Backbone is not (coming soon) anymore
You can bet I keep updating the list!
Thanks to everyone, I've added the games you suggested plus a few others that have appeared recently, like Hoa and Shardpunk: Verminfall. If you have any other games in mind, don't hesitate to let me know!

I tried to ask the developers of AWAY: The Survival Series if they would release the game on GOG, but unfortunately they never replied, which says a lot about their interest in GOG...
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Alexim
Had to check if any of these are on GOG. They are.

Ape Out
Mousecraft
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender
A Bird Story

Not sure which animal this is:
Feist
frogthroat: Had to check if any of these are on GOG. They are.

Ape Out
Mousecraft
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender
A Bird Story

Not sure which animal this is:
Feist
Oh great, these had really escaped me.

I would rule out Feist, because I've played it and they are all alien/fantasy creatures.
Alexim: I would rule out Feist, because I've played it and they are all alien/fantasy creatures.
Yeah, probably better. I wasn't sure what those are. Funny game, tho.
How did we miss APE Out and Acqua KITTY. And the others with animal names in the titles. AWAY: The Survival wishlisted in the other place, but you never know.