It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I saw The wolf among us DVD version complete (five episodes) in stores. My question is if somebody knows it is drm-free since I heared The walking dead DVD version was or is necessary steam or some kind of internet activation.

Thanks in advance!

Note: I take a look to the TWAUs back cover and there wasn't a warning about steam activation requirement or another...but sound strange to me....
Post edited November 20, 2014 by menganogog
Cool beans! Hey idk if this has been answered already, but since Fallout 3 is up there, does anyone know if Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and/or New Vegas is DRM-free on Steam? I was considering buying them, DRM-free would certainly confirm that decision. =)
menganogog: A few days ago I saw The wolf among us DVD version complete (five episodes) in stores. My question is if somebody knows it is drm-free since I heared The walking dead DVD version was or is necessary steam or some kind of internet activation.
I'm fairly sure both Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us tried to connect to the telltale account, didn't they?
Sn0wGl0be: Cool beans! Hey idk if this has been answered already, but since Fallout 3 is up there, does anyone know if Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and/or New Vegas is DRM-free on Steam? I was considering buying them, DRM-free would certainly confirm that decision. =)
Oblivion had its .exe tampered with, somehow. Can't try that now, sadly, as it would mean messing with my modded game, but I do know I've had to crack it for something. As for New Vegas, hold on, I'll try it.
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Fenixp
menganogog: A few days ago I saw The wolf among us DVD version complete (five episodes) in stores. My question is if somebody knows it is drm-free since I heared The walking dead DVD version was or is necessary steam or some kind of internet activation.
Fenixp: I'm fairly sure both Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us tried to connect to the telltale account, didn't they?
Sn0wGl0be: Cool beans! Hey idk if this has been answered already, but since Fallout 3 is up there, does anyone know if Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and/or New Vegas is DRM-free on Steam? I was considering buying them, DRM-free would certainly confirm that decision. =)
Fenixp: Oblivion had its .exe tampered with, somehow. Can't try that now, sadly, as it would mean messing with my modded game, but I do know I've had to crack it for something. As for New Vegas, hold on, I'll try it.
Damn! I readed this post (about The walking dead retail version) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/69600481 and I was deeply moved at the idea of The wolf among us drm-free version too...
menganogog: Hi everyone,

A few days ago I saw The wolf among us DVD version complete (five episodes) in stores. My question is if somebody knows it is drm-free since I heared The walking dead DVD version was or is necessary steam or some kind of internet activation.

Thanks in advance!

Note: I take a look to the TWAUs back cover and there wasn't a warning about steam activation requirement or another...but sound strange to me....
Whoa, wait a minute... They actually did release a retail DVD of The Wolf Among Us on the PC? What country are you in, and what store did you go to?

The retail versions of The Walking Dead, both the first release and the GOTY version, are completely DRM-free, no Internet connection required, and no disc necessary after installation. I have the GOTY version, so I can personally attest to this, and The Wolf Among Us is probably the same way.
menganogog: Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

pedrovay2003: Whoa, wait a minute... They actually did release a retail DVD of The Wolf Among Us on the PC? What country are you in, and what store did you go to?

The retail versions of The Walking Dead, both the first release and the GOTY version, are completely DRM-free, no Internet connection required, and no disc necessary after installation. I have the GOTY version, so I can personally attest to this, and The Wolf Among Us is probably the same way.
Hi pedrovay, I'm from Spain and the retailer where I saw the game was Game but I can tell you the dvd version was released in physical stores early november.

Thanks for clear the question.If this is drm-free like others Telltale's dvds I'll grab it as soon as posible.
pedrovay2003: Whoa, wait a minute... They actually did release a retail DVD of The Wolf Among Us on the PC? What country are you in, and what store did you go to?

menganogog: Hi pedrovay, I'm from Spain and the retailer where I saw the game was Game but I can tell you the dvd version was released in physical stores early november.

Thanks for clear the question.If this is drm-free like others Telltale's dvds I'll grab it as soon as posible.
Ha, holy crap, I just realized that it says "From Spain" under your user picture. I'm smart.

And yeah, I don't think Telltale releases their retail versions with any DRM; I know that none of their past ones have had any restrictions at all. I don't think it'd be different with this one, especially if it doesn't actually say anything on the back.
menganogog: Hi pedrovay, I'm from Spain and the retailer where I saw the game was Game but I can tell you the dvd version was released in physical stores early november.

pedrovay2003: Ha, holy crap, I just realized that it says "From Spain" under your user picture. I'm smart.

And yeah, I don't think Telltale releases their retail versions with any DRM; I know that none of their past ones have had any restrictions at all. I don't think it'd be different with this one, especially if it doesn't actually say anything on the back.
Good news!

I've bought The wolf among us DVD version and it's absolutely drm-free. Don't require steam account or anything. The DVD contain a file.exe,you only have to install and then you don't need even the DVD.

Edit: sorry, I've just found a thread about retail drm-free games so I suppose this informertion actually should be there.
Post edited November 21, 2014 by menganogog
menganogog: Edit: sorry, I've just found a thread about retail drm-free games so I suppose this informertion actually should be there.
I haven't, would you share a link?
pedrovay2003: Ha, holy crap, I just realized that it says "From Spain" under your user picture. I'm smart.

menganogog: Good news!

I've bought The wolf among us DVD version and it's absolutely drm-free. Don't require steam account or anything. The DVD contain a file.exe,you only have to install and then you don't need even the DVD.

Edit: sorry, I've just found a thread about retail drm-free games so I suppose this informertion actually should be there.
Thanks for that confirmation. Was looking into getting a copy of that game on dvd :)
menganogog: Edit: sorry, I've just found a thread about retail drm-free games so I suppose this informertion actually should be there.
Klumpen0815: I haven't, would you share a link?
www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_retail_games
Klumpen0815: I haven't, would you share a link?
menganogog: www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_retail_games
Too late, I just posted my additional list there.
menganogog: www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_retail_games
Klumpen0815: Too late, I just posted my additional list there.
Sorry for the delay
menganogog: Good news!

Niggles: Thanks for that confirmation. Was looking into getting a copy of that game on dvd :)
Glad to be helpful :)
Post edited November 23, 2014 by menganogog
I can confirm that Unreal Tournament 3 also run without Steam. :)

Update: Proteus as well
Post edited November 29, 2014 by Finalzero
Finalzero: I can confirm that Unreal Tournament 3 also run without Steam. :)
My old version doesn't use Steam but a service that is shut down by now.
Maybe there's an update by now.