It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: thats a thing... any idea if the new dlc also works the same way? - anyone?
cmdr_flashheart: Steam is apparently experiencing a hiccup since I cannot view CD keys for any of the games that have that option. Will update when things normalize.
it was being weird all last night for me
Kick-aha: Antichamber and Sanctum 2 do work under Linux, though you need to sign up for the Linux beta for Sanctum 2 and then can only play a early beta of a demo of Sanctum 2 - no full game there yet.
Can you check to see if you can actually save your game in the Linux version of Sanctum 2, if the demo lets you save any progress? A bunch of games -- Goat Simulator, Strike Suit Zero, The Basement Collection, etc. -- all run without Steam, but saving and loading the games don't work without running them through Steam itself.
pedrovay2003: Can you check to see if you can actually save your game in the Linux version of Sanctum 2, if the demo lets you save any progress? [...]
The thing is, the demo doesn't have any save mechanism, it seems to be only the tutorial.

I examined the Sanctum 2 and Antichamber Linux builds a little bit more and got trouble: Both use the UDK engine and it seems that builds on Linux seem to bug massively, depending on your machine.
For example I can't move the folders without getting errors of wrongly loaded libraries. It also seems that the Humble Bundle version of Antichamber is identical to the Steam version. Some HB users complain about serious issues, other users don't. Don't know if this is fault of the port/engine in general. Edit: Now I can't even start Antichamber without graphic issues, suspicious...
Post edited July 14, 2014 by Kick-aha
pedrovay2003: Can you check to see if you can actually save your game in the Linux version of Sanctum 2, if the demo lets you save any progress? [...]
Kick-aha: The thing is, the demo doesn't have any save mechanism, it seems to be only the tutorial.

I examined the Sanctum 2 and Antichamber Linux builds a little bit more and got trouble: Both use the UDK engine and it seems that builds on Linux seem to bug massively, depending on your machine.
For example I can't move the folders without getting errors of wrongly loaded libraries. It also seems that the Humble Bundle version of Antichamber is identical to the Steam version. Some HB users complain about serious issues, other users don't. Don't know if this is fault of the port/engine in general. Edit: Now I can't even start Antichamber without graphic issues, suspicious...
Holy crap, well, that went downhill quickly. I guess some ports just aren't working 100% yet.
Post edited July 14, 2014 by pedrovay2003
cmdr_flashheart: Steam is apparently experiencing a hiccup since I cannot view CD keys for any of the games that have that option. Will update when things normalize.
Sachys: it was being weird all last night for me
Yes, you can use your steam codes to access installers of both base game and dlc from HB.
Sachys: it was being weird all last night for me
cmdr_flashheart: Yes, you can use your steam codes to access installers of both base game and dlc from HB.
nice!
will have to pick it up then
Lost Civilization, the hidden object game, is DRM-Free on Steam.
hummer010: Don't Starve on steam is not DRM free.

If you read this link

Klei (the publisher) tells you how to get the Humble DRM free version using the Steam CD-Keys.
Awesome!
Thanks!
I cannot play Mars War Logs without Steam, any help?
Rolodzeo: I cannot play Mars War Logs without Steam, any help?
Spiders games require Steam. I would have bought it a long time ago otherwise.
Rolodzeo: I cannot play Mars War Logs without Steam, any help?
realkman666: Spiders games require Steam. I would have bought it a long time ago otherwise.
It seems so... wouldn't buy it if I knew it. Thanks anyway for clearing that up for me mate ;)
Has anyone actually gotten Dungeon Defenders (Windows) working without Steam? I've tried the whole switch-to-GameSpy thing, and for the life of me, I can't get it working. I removed the game from the wiki, but it's been added back.
pedrovay2003: Has anyone actually gotten Dungeon Defenders (Windows) working without Steam? I've tried the whole switch-to-GameSpy thing, and for the life of me, I can't get it working. I removed the game from the wiki, but it's been added back.
GameSpy? How does that work exactly? Especially now that GameSpy doesn't exist anymore.
I was able to run One Finger Death Punch with Steam disabled. I do not, however, have access to a Steam-less machine for a conclusive test.
I want to thank everyone who's still contributing, but now I consider that not having an installer is too much of a limitation on my ownership and that no game sold on Steam qualifies anymore.