It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pimpmonkey2382: 7th guest and 11th hour are drm free.
Great to know! :D
pedrovay2003: They were Strike Suit Zero and Goat Simulator. Both run perfectly outside of Steam, but neither one of them will save without being logged in; Strike Suit Zero even outright tells you when you start up that Steam isn't running, so the save file can't be loaded. I haven't tried the new Director's Cut, though.

Honestly, that's just how some games work. Anna is the same way: It requires the CD key and account login information in Windows, and absolutely nothing in Linux.
MysterD: I have Strike Suit Zero on Steam. Ain't played it yet.
Does it work and save when running Steam-client program in offline mode?
Yeah, if Steam is going, it saves without a problem, offline or not.
On which platform did you test those games?
Kick-aha: On which platform did you test those games?
Windows, I copied the folders to a 2nd HDD, closed steam, ran scummvm for 7th guest, and just the game executable for 11th hour, didn't need steam or anything to run.
Does someone know if Mercenary Kings is DRM free?
Unseelie_Sluagh: Does someone know if Mercenary Kings is DRM free?
According to our list it should be DRM-free.
If I want to back up a DRM free game, all I have to do is go to the Steam\Steamapps\Common and then find the game folder and copy and paste it to the flashdrive, right?
Unseelie_Sluagh: If I want to back up a DRM free game, all I have to do is go to the Steam\Steamapps\Common and then find the game folder and copy and paste it to the flashdrive, right?
Yes, Steam only stores game files in the Common folder. So, if a game is DRM-free, you only need those game files. The savestates are a completely different thing, though.
Unseelie_Sluagh: If I want to back up a DRM free game, all I have to do is go to the Steam\Steamapps\Common and then find the game folder and copy and paste it to the flashdrive, right?
You can also do that with other games just to store them.
Does anyone here have the Steam version of Resident Evil 5? Can you check to see if it runs without Steam? I know it's a GFWL title, but it uses the Legacy version of GFWL, meaning it can be played with a local profile without ever touching the Internet. I just need to know if Steam is actually required to start the game.

Unseelie_Sluagh: Does someone know if Mercenary Kings is DRM free?
Not only is Mercenary Kings DRM-free, but it was actually ADVERTISED as a DRM-free Steam game on the original Kickstarter page. This is because Tribute Games is awesome, and they know how to use Steam better than even Valve does.
Is it possible that Mass Effect is DRM free,too? Enslaved is DRM free, why not this Game?
GoodOldGamesUser: Is it possible that Mass Effect is DRM free,too? Enslaved is DRM free, why not this Game?
I don't know about the Steam version, but if you buy the dirt-cheap EA Value Games retail version that was released in the UK, you can reduce the DRM to nothing more than a disc check by deleting the paul.dll file in the installation directory. I know digital may be more convenient, but this is pretty convenient, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-PC/dp/B00140P9BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397949826&sr=8-1&keywords=mass+effect+pc
Thanks to you for your effort, that´s an Option but it would be great to have the digital Version.
And you wanted to know if Lost Planet is DRM free, correct? Please, Lost Planet and Mass Effect!
This List is really a great Idea, thanks to all. Now, I can make an Steam Account, buy some Games
and delete/erase Steam again. And I will cancel my GOG Account.
I say goodbye and please check these booth Games, thanks.
I've got another personal request -- I'm curious about Contagion. It looks cool, and I'd like to see if the single player mode works without Steam. So, Contagion and Resident Evil 5.
GoodOldGamesUser: Thanks to you for your effort, that´s an Option but it would be great to have the digital Version.
And you wanted to know if Lost Planet is DRM free, correct? Please, Lost Planet and Mass Effect!
This List is really a great Idea, thanks to all. Now, I can make an Steam Account, buy some Games
and delete/erase Steam again. And I will cancel my GOG Account.
I say goodbye and please check these booth Games, thanks.
I don't understand what you mean.